Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 21:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Enfield UCE/ TBTS shop manual required.

Hi everybody,
Where can one get the shop manual for the Enfield UCE (350) / RE TBTS?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 18th September 2011, 22:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Enfield UCE/ TBTS shop manual required.

Are there any specific pages/specs that you want? Or do you want the entire booklet? I can send you scanned copies of pages if you want any specific information.
Old 19th September 2011, 10:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Are there any specific pages/specs that you want? Or do you want the entire booklet? I can send you scanned copies of pages if you want any specific information.
Is it the service manual that you are talking about? If so, ill be interested! Greatly appreciate it if you can send me a softcopy, if you have.

I'll be taking delivery of a TBTS this month and I think it will help me to know more about the bike's maintenance than to blindly follow the service personnel.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Harish where can this be purchased, if you have already one with you ??
Old 19th September 2011, 13:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvichrox2 View Post
Is it the service manual that you are talking about? If so, ill be interested! Greatly appreciate it if you can send me a softcopy, if you have.

I'll be taking delivery of a TBTS this month and I think it will help me to know more about the bike's maintenance than to blindly follow the service personnel.
You would be getting the Service Manual when you get the delivery so i think that should do the trick. I t has all the details of bike maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
Harish where can this be purchased, if you have already one with you ??
I got this along with my TBTS however i had to ask for it. Dealer was not even courteous enough to give it voluntarily to me.
Old 19th September 2011, 15:21   #6
BHPian

RE's bike buying experience will never be a good one, in my opinion. I own a 350 IC and my bike was to be delivered sometime at 11 in the morning and I got the delivery 3 days later on a Friday night at 8pm, just when the dealership was pulling the shutters down, so everything was done in a jiffy! I ended getting the service manual of the TB, which I may still have lying around somewhere. Never got my 350 IC service manual!
Old 19th September 2011, 16:02   #7
BHPian

@Bradhey :Getting the Kohinoor diamond from the Brits would be easier than procuring a workshop manual for the UCE bikes. I gave an application to RE to issue me a workshop manual for my personal use and they denied stating it is a company thing and not for issue to public. Even if this is the case, persons with hands inside RE are getting hold of them. People in this forum pocess them and it is sad that they are not willing to share it :-(
Naren (Hexanerax) had keyed in that he would post a link to the manual but it looks like he is out of town.
Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 19th September 2011 at 16:07.
Old 19th September 2011, 17:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I got this along with my TBTS however i had to ask for it. Dealer was not even courteous enough to give it voluntarily to me.
You got it with the bike?! Guess you were lucky cos like bradhey mentioned they keep saying its for company use only. They give out only the owners manual which is available on their site.

Ok. I will try to pester them for it! but if you do have a scanned copy it'll be useful for a lot of people here and any UCE issues can be better trouble shooted by able team-bhp members !
Old 19th September 2011, 18:16   #9
BHPian

I think you will never get a service manual with your bike, at least not in India. But yes the "Owner's Manual" is something everybody gets with a new vehicle. Please check and correct me if I am wrong.............!!
Old 19th September 2011, 20:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
If it is the shop manual (as opposed to the owners manual), would like everything! And thanks.

Know it will be a huge hassle for you, so just confirm. Then we'll work something out which is least disruptive to your schedule.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 19th September 2011, 21:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
I think you will never get a service manual with your bike, at least not in India. But yes the "Owner's Manual" is something everybody gets with a new vehicle. Please check and correct me if I am wrong.............!!
This is because either consumer protection rules in India are weak or that we are not aware of the potential of these rules. Every owner has the right to know about their machines in detail. You cannot expect to have RE mechanics as you pillion when you are in the ghats and in the forests. I am not saying that you can do all the major works with the manual but atleast you can prevent the tiger from making a meal of you for the cause that you are ignorant of replacing a broken TPS cable. If RE doesnot want to give it out for free, why don't they stick a price on it and put it on the market now that they are manufacturing underwear for RE riders with their brand name on it.
http://motoroids.com/news/royal-enfi...ding-gear.html
Sorry for being rude.
Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 19th September 2011 at 21:33.
Old 8th November 2013, 19:18   #12
BHPian

You can download the PDF format of the service manual for Royal Enfield Classic 350/500 UCE here

http://www.thinkcept.com/blog/auto-z...ervice-manual/
Shakensoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 19:56   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
You can download the PDF format of the service manual for Royal Enfield Classic 350/500 UCE here

http://www.thinkcept.com/blog/auto-z...ervice-manual/
AWESOME. YOU ROCK. Just what i was looking for
Old 20th February 2016, 12:36   #14
BHPian

This link has the workshop / service / owners manuals for Royal Enfield's all models.

Manuals
The Great is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed