Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 20:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Track School (Motorcycles) @ Kari Motor Speedway on 15th / 16th October, 2011

I have done track days at Willow Springs, Sears point, Laguna Seca and Thunder Hill with various schools/track days

My advice would be the following:

1. Protection: Invest in FULL leathers: you will be going a lot faster through turns and the consequences of a mistake can be severe for you and others on the track.

Good Full face helmets that fits your skull well are a MUST

2. Proper boots that fits you well

3. Invest in a back protector

4. Don't ride on the track with buddies - You determine the pace and not some one else - NEVER be forced to keep up with some one.

5. DO NOT follow racing lines from MotoGP - if you do, you will run out of track as your speed increases through the day. Tight line going into turns and on exit - unless you are an expert. Leave room for error.

6. DO NOT ride 10/10 - because you CANNOT learn when you are riding at your limit. Ride 70 to 80% of your capability.

7. Breathe and relax - You should NEVER have a death grip on the handle bars

8. Have a plan on what you want to accomplish - dragging knee should NOT be one [it is a consequence of going faster through the turns]

I have been at track days where it was a squid fest. Not fun to see an ambulance roll out 3 times and the session suspended because of some idiot's lack of judgement...

Ride Safe [no cell phones or conf calls..your attention should be 100% on the track day]

HAVE FUN..[Also slow down if you are riding back on public roads and obey rules]

9. Novice group should not allow passing on the inside [or even on the outside in the turns] - because it is not safe.

10. Take your time and work on one thing at a time..

for folks in BLR, I am more than happy to meet and talk in person

Remember sometimes to go fast, you may need to slow down..

Krishna

Last edited by ksanjee : 21st September 2011 at 20:32.
ksanjee is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 21:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Track School (Motorcycles) @ Kari Motor Speedway on 15th / 16th October, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post

Krishna
Krishna,
How about heading out to track? Am not keen on riding this year but would want to visit to have a glimpse of the ongoings?

Yep i remember we ought to meet over once
Old 21st September 2011, 23:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

I'll be there this time. Hope more people from TBHP pitch in!
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

I made payment and confirmed my participation.

I intend to start riding from Bangalore on Friday afternoon (2:30-3:00 PM).

From email, it seems the hotel accomodation will be ready from Friday night. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:17   #20
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Krishna, great pointers. Thanks a lot. Would be great to catch up. What do you say guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Am not keen on riding this year but would want to visit to have a glimpse of the ongoings?
We will most likely ride down. How are you planning to reach there? Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

From email, it seems the hotel accomodation will be ready from Friday night. Can anyone confirm this?
Aditya and I may join you. Per the mail, looks like its from Friday itself.
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My advice would be the following:
Thanks for the tips Krishna. Much appreciated. I've enjoyed reading your threads. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I'll be there this time. Hope more people from TBHP pitch in!
Great. Will see you trackside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Aditya and I may join you.
Hey, i thought we're trucking the bikes down.
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I made payment and confirmed my participation.

I will make the payment today.

We shall ride along.
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:45   #23
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Hey, i thought we're trucking the bikes down.
Indimotard's garage is located in Brookefields near Cosmos mall and for the trucking, he needs the bike on 13th or 14th early morning which will be working days. Am not sure how practical it would be take our bikes there and then head back to work.

Alternatively, what we can do is ride to Coimbatore on 14th (taking day off on that day) and then explore the possibility of trucking back to Bangalore. We may not be in a position to ride back the next day after the event and hence this option.

Frankly, don't know at the moment and am equally confused

Patiencewins - how are you planning to return? Ride back on Monday?

Last edited by JVH : 22nd September 2011 at 17:46.
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:40   #24
BHPian

JVH, Aditya, KU69rd -

Guys have fun and stay safe.

I visit Au bon Pain off of Bannerghatta road for coffee regularly - we could hook up for coffee. I would love to do a track day soon..- but my bike and my gear are 10k miles away!!! I may still try to go to just watch [as painful as it may be]

Also guys, find reference points on the track and look through the turns..I can lend you the bible by Keith Code [twist of the wrist]

But I do have 2 bicycles!!

Kari speedway is pretty short and an ideal bike would be an Aprilia RS250 or a NSR 250...could give the big bore machines a run for their money..

Krishna
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

JVH, Aditya & Ksanjee,
Since am not riding this year i would rather spend time looking from the sidewalks. Planning to drive down did speak to rk_sans and he is in a bit of if's n butt's. If you guys make your mind then we can drive along in my car.
Other option is you folks can ride on friday and can come back with me on sunday. Bikes can be trucked for their return,.

Ksanjee,
Will give you a call this sunday
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

Patiencewins - how are you planning to return? Ride back on Monday?
I will ride back on Monday; got leave approved for Friday and Monday.
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JVH, Aditya & Ksanjee, Since am not riding this year i would rather spend time looking from the sidewalks. Planning to drive down did speak to rk_sans and he is in a bit of if's n butt's. If you guys make your mind then we can drive along in my car. Other option is you folks can ride on friday and can come back with me on sunday. Bikes can be trucked for their return,
Thanks Mahesh. Glad to know you are coming to the event. We need someone to take pics of us on the track

Need to confirm the one way truck option for the way back. Will confirm and let you know. I'll join you in your car if that's OK with you.
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mahesh. Glad to know you are coming to the event. We need someone to take pics of us on the track

Need to confirm the one way truck option for the way back. Will confirm and let you know. I'll join you in your car if that's OK with you.
Hey No Sweat mate, for sure will be happy to wield the camera and do not hold me responsible if anything goes wrong Small car make yourself comfortable.

Do check out on the one way truck option else you folks can tow me back as well.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do check out on the one way truck option else you folks can tow me back as well.
Decided to truck the bike both ways.

Since the day begins very early on Sat, 15th Oct, I plan to leave Blore by 4pm or so on Fri, 14th Oct. It's around 350 kms to coimby which would take around 5-6 hrs depending on traffic, etc. So i intend to reach coimby by 10pm +/- an hour. I will be able to get some sleep and rest considering the track experience will be strenuous and humid/hot.

Please let me know if you will be leaving around the same time.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Decided to truck the bike both ways.

Since the day begins very early on Sat, 15th Oct, I plan to leave Blore by 4pm or so on Fri, 14th Oct.
Please let me know if you will be leaving around the same time.
Aditya, that would mean you are planning to leave on Friday? how are you going? if things work out can join you folks on friday itself and you guys can come along in my car

Most Viewed