Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 20:40   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Track School (Motorcycles) @ Kari Motor Speedway. Edit: Feb 11/12, 2012.

Track School (Motorcycles) @ Kari Motor Speedway. Edit: Feb 11/12, 2012.-2.jpg

High Points

- About IndiMotard

- Edition 6 of T.W.O is here:
Venue: Kari Motor Speedway
Dates: Oct 15th / 16th 2011

- Full information on the event at this link. The pages have info on what to expect from the school, a checklist of do's and donts and most importantly your gear.

- To complete and confirm your slot, sign up here.

- IndiMotard can help with the transportation of your bike. Trucks (from bangalore) leave on Oct 14th (Friday) at 11 am.

- Rooms at a low budget hotel (Hotel Vinayak or Park Inn) have been booked on a twin sharing basis (approx 600 to 750 INR per room).

Track School (Motorcycles) @ Kari Motor Speedway. Edit: Feb 11/12, 2012.-1.jpg

Track School (Motorcycles) @ Kari Motor Speedway. Edit: Feb 11/12, 2012.-3.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 20:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Track School (Motorcycles) @ Kari Motor Speedway on 15th / 16th October, 2011

Oh, how I envy you guys.

Sutripta
Old 20th September 2011, 11:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Track School (Motorcycles) @ Kari Motor Speedway on 15th / 16th October, 2011

Some familiar faces from the first pic - Poncho (blue tee standing by the SBK which is on the race paddock stand) who used to ride a Honda CBR 929 IIRC. Have met him several times on the track when i used to frequent it while i was in chennai. He also used to drive his black baleno on track. Last i know he sold the honda and now rides a gixxer 1000.

The gentleman with the white beard is Mr. Subhash Chandra Bose, a veteran in the motorcycle racing scene since the early days. Down to earth and very friendly i have had the opportunity to interact with him and learn a few things that has helped me on the track.

Here is an article - The Hindu : Metro Plus Hyderabad / Wheels : A salute to Subhash Chandra Bose

The Apache RTR with 09 on the headlight cowl is a good friend of mine. His name is Ramkumar. The RTR 180 is sold and he rides a CBR250 now.

I've been wanting to take the ninja to the track for a long time now and i guess the time has come. I have all the gear needed except the riding pants. Will check with the team and hopefully will be able to make it to this event.

I've heard good reviews of this event and many of my riding buddies have attended this school on multiple occasions.

Bikers out there, sign up for this, no matter how hard or sedately you ride. The school covers a lot of important techniques which are applied on the street as well as the track. It'll help you know your rides and your skill levels better. Word of caution - Track days are addictive.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 11:38   #4
Team-BHP Support

OT:

Would CSS be back this year?
Old 20th September 2011, 14:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
OT: Would CSS be back this year?
CSS is scheduled in India at the MMSC track at Sriperambudur, near Chennai on the following dates:

1. 2012 Jan 13,14 & 15
2. 2012 Jan 20,21 & 22

More info here.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 15:26   #6
BHPian

@GTO

Thanks for putting up this info on the forum, helps someone like me to at least 'attempt' and improve riding skills.

@Aditya
I believe you took part sometime last year at CSS right, How much did it cost you to take part?

amazed to notice that CSS is being promoted by preethi manufacturers of Home Appliance, I wish there was more in the media of such training.
Old 20th September 2011, 15:28   #7
JVH
Senior - BHPian

GTO, thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

I've been wanting to take the ninja to the track for a long time now and i guess the time has come. I have all the gear needed except the riding pants. Will check with the team and hopefully will be able to make it to this event.

I've heard good reviews of this event and many of my riding buddies have attended this school on multiple occasions.

Bikers out there, sign up for this, no matter how hard or sedately you ride. The school covers a lot of important techniques which are applied on the street as well as the track. It'll help you know your rides and your skill levels better. Word of caution - Track days are addictive.
My hands are itching as I type here. Would love to join. You have any idea how many instructors will be on the track? The website does not mention any details on the instructors. Don't want a situation with 30 wannabe and eager souls with only one instructor.

Quote:
CSS is scheduled in India at the MMSC track at Sriperambudur, near Chennai on the following dates:

1. 2012 Jan 13,14 & 15
2. 2012 Jan 20,21 & 22

More info here.
Am definitely in for this
Old 20th September 2011, 18:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
@Aditya, I believe you took part sometime last year at CSS right, How much did it cost you to take part?
I could not attend CSS last year. Maybe you have me confused with someone else. I plan to attend the Jan 2012 edition. Hope to see you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
My hands are itching as I type here. Would love to join. You have any idea how many instructors will be on the track? The website does not mention any details on the instructors. Don't want a situation with 30 wannabe and eager souls with only one instructor.
Jayant, just got off the phone with Mr. Anand Dharmaraj from the Indimotard Racing school. There will be around 5-6 instructors for the two day session and each instructor will be assigned a group of 4-6 riders depending on the no. of registrations.

Level 1 and Level 2 will be covered over the 2 day weekend and one can expect a good amount of kms on the track over these 2 days. Its going to be theory and then track time and back to class. So a few sessions like this covering the two days.

Also there is an option to transport our bikes via a truck to the track (arranged by indiMotard). I expressed my concern on using this method as i did not want any sort of damage to the bike during transit and while it is stowed away in the paddock/garage at the track. He assured me that the bikes are locked at the track in an enclosed space and they are fastened to the trucks securely too. Asim also had transported his bike earlier and said they do a good job... a lot of people truck their SBK's too so its nothing to worry about. The charges for this ranges between Rs. 1500 - 2500 (to and fro) per bike depending on the no. of bikes that would fit in the truck.

Let me know if you are in. I plan to truck my bike and drive down to Coimby. Asim might join me. If you are coming we can all go together.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 18:38   #9
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Jayant, just got off the phone with Mr. Anand Dharmaraj from the Indimotard Racing school. There will be around 5-6 instructors for the two day session and each instructor will be assigned a group of 4-6 riders depending on the no. of registrations.
Great! But I thought there were only 30 seats. Looks like they can be flexible...

Quote:

Level 1 and Level 2 will be covered over the 2 day weekend and one can expect a good amount of kms on the track over these 2 days. Its going to be theory and then track time and back to class. So a few sessions like this covering the two days.
Hmmm just wondering about the fuel. Hope there is a good bunk nearby because am sure my bike could consume quite a lot and given the event will probably redline a lot. So, just wondering if we can arrange for 97 octane.

Quote:

Also there is an option to transport our bikes via a truck to the track (arranged by indiMotard). I expressed my concern on using this method as i did not want any sort of damage to the bike during transit and while it is stowed away in the paddock/garage at the track. He assured me that the bikes are locked at the track in an enclosed space and they are fastened to the trucks securely too. Asim also had transported his bike earlier and said they do a good job... a lot of people truck their SBK's too so its nothing to worry about. The charges for this ranges between Rs. 1500 - 2500 (to and fro) per bike depending on the no. of bikes that would fit in the truck.
Am OK with this option. Besides I don't see any other better option than riding down...it isn't that far

Quote:

Let me know if you are in. I plan to truck my bike and drive down to Coimby. Asim might join me. If you are coming we can all go together.
Sure, am in

Have you already signed up? I guess I need to do it soon.
Old 21st September 2011, 10:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

I am interested. I do not have riding boots and track pants. I cannot invest on quality riding boots now. Can a boot which covers the ankle qualify for the track event?

Can I use good quality knee pads with jeans instead of track pants? If not, where can I get track pants in Bangalore? I would like to try it as it is difficult to get the right length for my height - 6'2".

Last edited by PatienceWins : 21st September 2011 at 10:36.
Old 21st September 2011, 10:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Am OK with this option. Besides I don't see any other better option than riding down...it isn't that far
I'd love to ride down too. But considering we will be spending a good amount of time on the track which will be strenuous it makes sense to conserve our energy and hence truck the bikes to the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am interested. I do not have riding boots and track pants. I cannot invest on quality riding boots now. Can a boot which covers the ankle qualify for the track event?

Where can I get track pants in Bangalore? I would like to try it as it is difficult to get the right length for my height - 6'2".
Please go through this link and contact the indiMotard team for more info. They will not allow you on track if you don't meet the mandatory requirements so please clarify with them first hand.

You can get riding pants at Orion motors (blore) or order from Bachoo Motors / Planet DSG / Performance Racing Store. They ship within 24-48 hrs once the order is placed.
Old 21st September 2011, 10:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

I just spoke to the concerned person by phone.

Riding gear:
There must not be any exposed skin.

Jeans with good quality knee guard is fine. I have Alpinestars Bionic knee guard and it is fine with them.

Boots can be any boot which covers the ankle. I am going to get a woodlands boot which covers the ankle.

Jacket can be a mesh jacket with protection. I have a Rjays Octane jacket.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 10:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Jeans with good quality knee guard is fine. I have Alpinestars Bionic knee guard and it is fine with them.
I dont have riding pants too so will be riding with denims and my A* bionic knee guards.

Great to note that you are joining in. Will you be riding down or trucking your bike to track. JVH and me are planning to truck the bikes to the track and drive down to Coimby. You are welcome to join us.
Old 21st September 2011, 11:33   #14
BHPian

Excellent info. Thank you guys. Looking forward to attending this event. Plan to get my CBR on track. I plan to ride down to Coimbatore from BLR, i feels since NH7 roads are really good, wont feel the stain of riding to Coimbatore. Hope i have some company,
anyone planning to ride down do let me know.

Edit: Just Signed up now.

Last edited by redrage : 21st September 2011 at 11:44.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

Aditya and redrage - I am planning to ride down.

I agree redrage. As the road is very good, I think riding down will be enjoyable. We can ride together, I see that some guys from CBR forum plan to ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks