Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 11:59   #16
BHPian

Re: 1993 Enfield Bullet – Made like a GUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvichrox2 View Post
Are you planning to put a crash guard? If you are on JC Road again could you find out the price of diamond crash guard? Teknik Motors in sarjapur road is quoting 1.5k for that!
Do the Teknik Motors in sarjapur road stock diamond crash guard? when i enquired some 10 days back they had only the plain one and they were charging the same 1.5k for that too. Not sure if all the crash guards cost the same or these guys are just bluffing.

I enquired in RoyalEnfieldZones - Delhi, they gave a quote of around 600 for Diamond crash guard excluding shipping charges. But i didnt buy it till now. may be you can give a try if you wish.

Last edited by BulZire : 21st September 2011 at 12:03.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire

Do the Teknik Motors in sarjapur road stock diamond crash guard? when i enquired some 10 days back they had only the plain one and they were charging the same 1.5k for that too. Not sure if all the crash guards cost the same or these guys are just bluffing.

I enquired in RoyalEnfieldZones - Delhi, they gave a quote of around 600 for Diamond crash guard excluding shipping charges. But i didnt buy it till now. may be you can give a try if you wish.
I enquired yesterday. .. looks like they got some new stock... they had the butterfly model also... that was 1.7k.

My friend enquired in brand store Jayanagar and they quoted 1k for the diamond ! So much difference between two dealers.

I'm gonna pay a visit to jc road and checkout the prices there. I heard we can get it for 800. Else ill get one from brand store and ask Teknik to fix it during delivery.
Old 21st September 2011, 14:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I enquired yesterday. .. looks like they got some new stock... they had the butterfly model also... that was 1.7k.

My friend enquired in brand store Jayanagar and they quoted 1k for the diamond ! So much difference between two dealers.

I'm gonna pay a visit to jc road and checkout the prices there. I heard we can get it for 800. Else ill get one from brand store and ask Teknik to fix it during delivery.
Can you tell me where is the brand store exactly located in JC road ?, Do they stock all 2 wheeler accessories or specifically for Bullet's ?
i too need some accessories for my Bullet. thought of getting it through Royalenfieldzone by shipping it. but still i will give a try in JC road as well.

Fixing a crash guard is easy, you just need two clamps and bolts that can be bought from hardware stores. so try to fix it yourself instead of going to teknik , they might quote a service charge for this tiny job also , i had a similar experience with them.
Old 21st September 2011, 15:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Can you tell me where is the brand store exactly located in JC road ?, Do they stock all 2 wheeler accessories or specifically for Bullet's ?
i too need some accessories for my Bullet. thought of getting it through Royalenfieldzone by shipping it. but still i will give a try in JC road as well.

Fixing a crash guard is easy, you just need two clamps and bolts that can be bought from hardware stores. so try to fix it yourself instead of going to teknik , they might quote a service charge for this tiny job also , i had a similar experience with them.
Brand store is not in jc road.

Royal Enfield Brand store is located near Jayadeva Hospital Flyover in Jayanagar.

The shop in JC road is called Sandhya Spares, they are recommended by many bhpians for bullet spares and accessories. Not sure about other two wheelers. I don't know about other bullet shops in the area.

#16, J.C.Road, Behind S.B.I Ph: 080 2227 0203
datvichrox2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:16   #20

Quote:
Are you planning to put a crash guard? If you are on JC Road again could you find out the price of diamond crash guard? Teknik Motors in sarjapur road is quoting 1.5k for that!
Good news Guys ; - )
I just had been to JC Road to purchase the horn clamps for the bullet.In the meanwhile , I inquired about the Diamond crash guard at Sandhya Spares .Kiran told me its available .The price of the guard is Rs 530/-

Hurry up ...Early bird catches the worms.
aravind kannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:16   #21
BHPian

Cheap worms ain't always good ones

there are many makers for these items, cheapers mostly rusts quick. Ask around to find good brands like 'Quality' from chennai. Most brand stores play safe with better ones to keep clear of rust & replacement issues.

Edit: just as the case with short bottle silencers (all same with internal baffles) ranging 650rs to 850rs local market but 1k to 1.1K for after market piece endorsed/supplied by/ in RE pack.
Any thing can be built to a cost. cheers!

Last edited by Rennjit : 22nd September 2011 at 18:30.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind kannan View Post
Good news Guys ; - )
I just had been to JC Road to purchase the horn clamps for the bullet.In the meanwhile , I inquired about the Diamond crash guard at Sandhya Spares .Kiran told me its available .The price of the guard is Rs 530/-

Hurry up ...Early bird catches the worms.
Thanks aravind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
Cheap worms ain't always good ones

there are many makers for these items, cheapers mostly rusts quick. Ask around to find good brands like 'Quality' from chennai. Most brand stores play safe with better ones to keep clear of rust & replacement issues.
Thanks Rennjit! I am going to teknik today, ill try to find out what brand he's got. I hear 'classique' is also another good brand. Mostly will go to JC road tomorrow.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Lovely RE there pal, how much did you pay for it ?

They say the bull marks its territory by spilling oil .
I like that..
Old 26th September 2011, 13:49   #24
BHPian

Bought the crash guard even though the bike has not arrived yet!

I had been to JC road and looked at the diamond crash guard. They had PARAMOUNT brand for 535 and 5-STAR for 750. The paramount, though cheaper looked like a better finish, so I purchased that.

Later in the evening I was near the brand store at jayanagar, so i checked out what brand of crash guard they've got. Guess what! They are selling the paramount brand for 1k! I Left with a smile

Ill try to find out what brand teknik is selling.
Old 28th September 2011, 21:19   #25

Guys took home the BULL 2 days ago.. the next couple of days was spent in servicing , changing the seats, greasing/ oiling the gear assembly, fitting the old type levers with the switches, changed the handle bars to old type {short}removing the silver stickers on the tank an side-box and changing them to Black.. The bike has come out good.. will upload the pics soon after wash...
Old 18th November 2011, 10:18   #26
BHPian

Hi Aravind,

That's a beauty of a Bike.

Did you get around to washing your bike yet?
It's been almost two months ....

As for the Crash Guards and aftermarket Exhausts (like Goldie, Punjab or Indore). RE does not provide or endorse them, they are always sourced elsewhere.

Obviously the overheads of a showroom is higher, but twice the cost?
Its robbery! But that is what happens everywhere....

And try to keep away from the mechanic below Sandhya Auto Spares at J.C.Road, he is incompetent. Whatever he fits has to be re-fitted at another place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks