Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 07:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitoz
The bikes look damn good on road, but are just cosmetically different. Only paint jobs are the difference.
Wonder when would RE come up withe the UCE engine mounted on a Machismo chassis, or a UCE with a 19 inch rear wheels
These bikes are different in the front fork, where the fork offset is removed (can be seen in the pics). Supposedly sharpens the handling. Also supposed to have a longer rear swing-arm.
Old 4th October 2011, 09:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield unveils Chrome and Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
@Karlitoz I totally agree with you but if thats the case they have disc in the front for quite a while so why this discrepancy when it comes to rear
if you talk about heavy bikes then HD for one, has discs in front & rear and you can get floating discs...
Dont know if RE R&D guy came via time travel from 70s and still thinking that drum is better than discs
Shrini, Would beg to differ, do not feel it absolutely necessary for a bullet to have rear disc breaks. From my experience bullets behave well when ridden within their limits, 80 to 90 KMPH is where they behave at their best. With a front disc which would handle 60 to 70% of breaking power the rear disc might be an overkill. However it's definitely a good to have feature and feel they should be offered as an option if not standard.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
However it's definitely a good to have feature and feel they should be offered as an option if not standard.
I cannot agree more than this one.
HD makes a killing by selling their parts/motorclothes likewise RE can do this where so many loyalists will start pouring money on it...
Just by looking at chrome bike I think RE should make optional chrome rear shocks/optional rear disc brake/ chrome inner primary/chrome wheels & pretty much chrome your bike as optional accessories,
Are those RE guys listening or looking into such threads?????

Last edited by shrini78 : 4th October 2011 at 12:17.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Looks Great! Are these only cosmetic changes over the existing Classic 500?. These i guess are sold in the UK for a long time now:
Chrome:
Royal Enfield Bullet Classic Chrome
Desert storm is a similar version of Battle Green:
Royal Enfield Bullet Classic Battle Green (This looks AWESOME!)
Royal Enfield-Classic Battle Green
Same models are available in India as well!!!
Old 5th October 2011, 00:22   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

knaveen:
I followed your link

and noticed a "Check to see if this model is available in your country: followed by "Select Country".

When I selected India the answer was "UNAVAILABLE"

The Desert Storm model was shown as being AVAILABLE.
Old 5th October 2011, 02:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
knaveen:
I followed your link

and noticed a "Check to see if this model is available in your country: followed by "Select Country".

When I selected India the answer was "UNAVAILABLE"

The Desert Storm model was shown as being AVAILABLE.
My Bad. Haven't seen these models earlier on the RE Indian site.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Saw the battle green today! looks beautiful than in pix! Envy the owner
Old 12th October 2011, 10:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

I had a hands on experience on both DS and Chrome yesterday, they are stunning and looks great, i am looking for a 350 model for city driving and think that RE should have introduced same models in 350 as well
Old 12th October 2011, 13:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
There is a old saying in my country, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
In this case, It ain't broke.
You're right about that Jim, something my late dad would say too. It's a bit old fashioned though and you don't see much of it these days of high technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsid View Post
Any reason why the Military Green bull is not available for sale in India? A friend of mine was saying that some rule prohibits the sale of military green painted vehicles to civilians. Can someone verify this?
Since no one has answered this, yes you're friend is absolutely correct. The Indian Army don't take too kindly to any vehicle in shades of Olive Green. Since it's a military color, and recently they have objected to the Authorities ( in this case to the Mumbai RTO) about Municipal garbage trucks being painted and used in a similar color. Hence you will now find such vehicles with a lot of orange in addition to the Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
How good is the quality of Chrome? How safe is it to ride basking in full glory of Sunshine? Both for the rider and other road users
Felt the Desert Storm could have had a better shade with a slight more gloss to it or is it the photographs doing injustice to the bikes?
This Desert storm is a Matt/semi glossy finish. Since it's an army color, hence no shine. A color probably similar to the (Sandgelb sand yellow) that was used in WWII in the North African dessert by Gen. Rommels Afrika Korps on their vehicles. My favorite color on an army bike, but hard to get an exact shade.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 12th October 2011 at 13:23.
Old 12th October 2011, 15:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
A color probably similar to the (Sandgelb sand yellow) that was used in WWII in the North African dessert by Gen. Rommels Afrika Korps on their vehicles. My favorite color on an army bike, but hard to get an exact shade.
you're right. Those vehicles looked amazing and I wish to paint my FIL's old but restored Willy in the same shade. Now if I could just get my hands on an original example to match the shade with.
Old 14th October 2011, 12:08   #26

Does any one have any idea about the waiting time for the Desert Storm ? Thinking whether to change my TBTS booking to the DS.

I have heard from an owner that there is some issue with the CL500's about the headlight beam being too high (doesn't fall on the road). Probably because of the front wheel being bigger than the rear. Can anyone confirm whether this is true ?
Old 14th October 2011, 12:30   #27
BHPian

i felt desert storm color is little bright than it should have. Its more of yellowish. It should have been sober like battle green.
Old 14th October 2011, 16:57   #28
BHPian

I hope once a few desert storms are out in the market RE organises an official excursion/drive through the indian desert, some place like Jaisalmer etc. I love the color, reminds me of old military bikes.

I might be going off topic here, but has Royal Enfield ever made a model for snowy terrain like the Ural?
Old 15th October 2011, 15:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puranjoy View Post
Does any one have any idea about the waiting time for the Desert Storm ? Thinking whether to change my TBTS booking to the DS.
The official waiting period is 6 months as told me since i booked my DS two days before

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanupsingh View Post
I hope once a few desert storms are out in the market RE organises an official excursion/drive through the indian desert, some place like Jaisalmer etc. I love the color, reminds me of old military bikes.

I might be going off topic here, but has Royal Enfield ever made a model for snowy terrain like the Ural?
Lets hope for the best.
Old 15th October 2011, 16:45   #30

Chrome and DS are not yet available for booking in Kolkata . Went to the dealer today to try to change my booking from TBTS to DS. Hard luck. But good news is that the originally booked TBTS is ready for delivery and I can pick it up on monday .

Most Viewed