Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 17:26   #31
BHPian

Re: King of the Roads (Royal Enfield Classic Chrome)

Cute- Your choice (Although RE owners might not like the word)
Cuter- The beast in flesh
Cutest- Your little princess. Ride safe mate
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 18:44   #32
BHPian

Congratulations Sudipta!!!

That's a beautiful ride you have got yourself. Will look forward to your ownership review and Yes, the chrome looks nice with maroon.

Last but not the least - You have a sweet daughter to keep you smiling when not riding.

Happy Riding!!!
Old 18th October 2011, 19:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Congratulations on the new purchase.
Looking forward to an initial report and eventually a Happy Long term ownership report!
Thanks a lot iron, I will surely keep all posted in the initial report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi, congrats for the new big toy you got for yourself. I too have a similar toy of 1989 which was recently restored (Pls see the thread "Restoration of my 1989 Bullet").
Above everything your daughter is also very cute with her rosy cheeks.
Now today on wards day by day you will think of nothing but your BULL
because thats what happens with every bull owners. Rubb Rakhaa.
Thanks IQBAL, it indeed is a BIG toy. I am already thinking about it most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Shri View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dscf1740.jpg

"Yeah...so you were saying Daddy?"

Lovely pictures - as if she just came back after a ride and is having a conversation. Good choice Sudipta. Congratulations.
Thanks Deep_Shri, the photo is actually post a ride she had with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Aaah bless! Your daughter is so cute Royal Maroon looks better in day light.. Congratulations and welcome to the gang.
Thanks a ton Randhawa, it would not have been possible without all your help and direction. You inducted me into this gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_sathaye View Post
Nice Bike ! Congrats ! Hope she grows up and enherits this beast !
Thanks Praveen, if she goes by her parents and her current instaincts, she surely will be interested to inherit the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Hi Sudipta,

Love the maroon Classic. Looks macho with the chrome.
Do keep us updated on your ownership experience.
Wishing you many happy miles.

And your daughter seems to like the bike as well!

One question: Is the classic available only in 500cc?

Please do ride safe.
Cheers.
Sam
Thanks Samarth, I will surely keep all posted.
Classic is available in two engine variations, 350 and 500 cc but chrome and desert storm models come with only 500 cc engine.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
A big and hearty congrats Sudipta, welcome to the club and lovely choice of colour and your Bullet looks absolutely smashing.

And need I mention, you daughter looks way to cute, this is wat fantastic memories are made of, you must post another picture of both of them 10-15 yrs down the line.
Thanks a lot PGNarain, I will surely take your advice and keep that in mind down the years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations on your purchase It looks very elegant and eye catching. Hope you have miles of smiles on it.

Your daughter is very cute
Thanks _raVan_, it is surely drawing lot of eyeballs where ever it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Congratulations on the Classic Chrome. I test rode the Classic 500 a couple of days back and I was floored. The only issues I faced with the test bike were the rear brakes (had too much travel, easily rectified though) and the vibes once the bike reached 80 kmph. But all this was forgetten because the thump was addictive. Im a person who always switches off my bike at a signal & never rev it but with the green C500 test bike, I couldnt help but blip the throttle a couple of times to savour the sound. Heavenly!

The Classic is available in 350 cc and 500cc though the 500cc engine comes in the 'regular' Classic, Classic Chrome and Classic Desert Storm guise.
Thanks Neil. I agree with you completely, it is tough to resit the temptation of bliping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Oh I love those painted Mud Guards.
There is one more color right? Army green I think.

Congrats for you purchase.
Thanks, the mudguards are chromed and then stickered (pinstriped) and not painted for Classic Chrome models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Congrats awesome bike! Damn tempted to get one! Your daughter is very cute, insure those cheeks of hers! God bless her! NOthing like having daughters, have two little dolls too.

Do give us a detailed report on the bike. What was the on-road price. How was your buying experince. etc.
Thanks Prithiv, both together surely did turn a lot of heads.

My initial experience is in the following thread/link. I will put up more details as I get time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2545032

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
Congratulations Sudipta,

The crome looks sweet, and your daughter even sweeter.
Am sure its a keeper.
Thanks RabidBull, it surely is a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Your Classic looks just out of the world. Beautiful. Congrats!
The similar design (chrome and post office red) except for the stripes on the mudguards was seen first on the Machismo. Good to see it back.

Ride safe.
Thanks jeeva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padikpanther View Post
Heartiest Congrats on the awesome ride and and god bless your little princess... for my daughter when she was of that age, the Bull on idling was like a lullaby.
Wishing you lotsa long rides...
Thanks padikpanther, my daughter already recognises the distinct thump when I start and return home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Sudipta,
Hearty congratulations for your King She looks quite elegant, typical classic set up. All the very best for your ride and wishing you miles, would be following your thread for updates around the chrome quality used.

You have a very cute daughter and you might want to do a nazar thod
Thanks ku69rd, I would have my wife include the procedure for my bull also....nazar thod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Hey congrats on the New bullet, i also feel maroon chrome looks great compared to black. So when did you book this bike, heard people booking chrome are getting it faster ?
Thanks Shamanth, I got lucky with my booking and delivery timing. I booked in end Jun and got in end Sep due to the launch model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshumara View Post
Hello all, I got my Classic Chrome 500 Royal Maroon too ! Thanks to S for all the inspiration Will post my pics soon.
Congratulations and welcome to the team. Keep thumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
Fantastic motorcycle my friend. Keep thumpin with a big wide smile inside your helmet

Cheers!
Thanks ron_9191, I just picked up a chrome Vega Boolean today. It looks great but I have a plan to put the same maroon pinstripe on it to make it look even better. I will surely post picls once it is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Fantastic choice there my friend! You daughter is very cutey!
Please keep us updated with your reviews of the bike.
Enjoy your bull and ride safe.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Cute- Your choice (Although RE owners might not like the word)
Cuter- The beast in flesh
Cutest- Your little princess. Ride safe mate
Thanks adg_andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Congratulations Sudipta!!!

That's a beautiful ride you have got yourself. Will look forward to your ownership review and Yes, the chrome looks nice with maroon.

Last but not the least - You have a sweet daughter to keep you smiling when not riding.

Happy Riding!!!
Thanks Mantrig, you are absoultely right that I have more time smiling these days.

BTW, today I went to the RE service center to get the engine oil and oil filter changed. I clocked 150+ kms by yesterday night. They drained the oil thru the drain nut, changed the oil filter and refilled 2.5 lts of oil. They said it was Motul brand and showed me the big drums. But honestly, I have not been able to read a word of the manual yet and I feel guilty for the same. Work is killing and on top of that I need to look for a rented house which I need to shift within this month end (my owner gave me a very short notice as he is back from US for good).

So I am typing now while I am on a Video Conference meeting and not presenting but still utilising my time effectively (dont tell my boss ).

Last edited by sudipta : 18th October 2011 at 20:03.
Old 18th October 2011, 21:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

That is a lovely bike. Congratulations
Old 19th October 2011, 06:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
That is a lovely bike. Congratulations
Thanks PatienceWins for the compliment.
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:11   #37
BHPian

Planning to go to Ramkoti to get some accessories and locks tomorrow. Need a full bike cover which is heat proof and will be able to withstand the silencer heat. Also need a fork or disc lock and a pair of grips for handle bar. Any suggestion?
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

For protecting the chrome from the bike cover i would suggest first putting a plain cotton bedsheet and then the cover. keeps the chrome safe. Beautiful bike you have Sudipta and such a cute little angel.

I am planning to add a classic chrome to my garage to give company to my LB 500. 2 beautiful chrome bikes.
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:42   #39
BHPian

Congratulations on your shiny new steed! Looking forward to your ownership review. And last but not at all the least- that's a cute little daughter you've got there!
Old 24th October 2011, 07:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
For protecting the chrome from the bike cover i would suggest first putting a plain cotton bedsheet and then the cover. keeps the chrome safe. Beautiful bike you have Sudipta and such a cute little angel.

I am planning to add a classic chrome to my garage to give company to my LB 500. 2 beautiful chrome bikes.
Navpreet, Thanks for the complements and idea. I will surely do it to before I put in a cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post
Congratulations on your shiny new steed! Looking forward to your ownership review. And last but not at all the least- that's a cute little daughter you've got there!
Thanks a lot for the kind words.
Old 26th October 2011, 14:23   #41
BHPian

it looks awesome to say the least!!!!!! 500cc is going to be a real thumper!!! congrats!!
Old 27th October 2011, 14:05   #42
BHPian

Thanks a lot Abhishek for the compliments. I am already enjoying the still maturing notes that it is singing.
Old 31st October 2011, 07:41   #43
BHPian

The odo reads 504 kms as of end of day yesterday. I need to book an appointment with the workshop to get the 1st free service done. I may have to wait till Wednesday as 1 Nov is holiday at Hyderabad.

I may be doing more than 550 before I land up for the service, does anyone see a problem on the same? I did an oil change on 150 kms as suggested by the gurus. Please advice.

Also let me know if there are specific things that I need to check or mention during the first service.
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:42   #44
BHPian

Yesterday went to the workshop and got the first free service done. They changed the engine oil and the oil filter. I was there all along and ensured that he doesn't switch on the engine while draining the oil. He also cleaned the filter at the bottom and I saw quite a lot of metal grub collected and I requested to replace the same. He mentioned that it was not required and put it back in after cleaning. Also I checked the amount of oil and it was not more than 2.25 lits as the measurement can was of 2 lits only and he filled it up to the brim.

While I was at it, I got the upswept silencer fitted and I must say I am loving the new music a lot.
Old 3rd November 2011, 01:40   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

sudipta
The filter that is removed from the bottom of the engine is a screen which only needs cleaning. It does not require replacement.

The magnets on the screen cover and the main oil drain should be wiped clean of the steel filings they have collected. Following this, the screen and its cover and oil drain plug are re installed.

The oil filter that needs replacing is in the side of the engine. The cover is directly above the foot brake pedal.

Draining the old oil out of a UCE Royal Enfield is difficult.
The main sump is easy but oil also collects in both the left and right side covers where it lubricates the primary chain drive and the oil pump/camshaft gears.
Draining this oil requires that the motorcycle must be tipped to the right and the left while the main oil drain plug is removed.
Often, some oil will remain in these side covers but the amount is small enough that it won't contaminate the new oil very much.

If your mechanic got 2 ltrs of oil into your engine without overfilling it you should be fine.
When replacing the oil in my G5 (USA Export) model I'm doing well to get a full 2 quarts (1.89 ltrs) into my engine without overfilling it.
ArizonaJim is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks