Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 14:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Army disposal bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
The G2 (presumably the name derived from the WW II)
The G2s were also the first ones to spot the telescopic front forks and the rear swing arms (both said to be pioneered by Enfield, back then). It came with Lucas magneto, Amal carb and the famous G2 heavy crank

Until around the early 70s, the Indian bullet still came with the G2 engine, but with the alternator setup and the newer gearbox and engine casing (the current design). However, parts like the bearings, sleeves, threads, nuts and bolts still followed the British system (English units).

@deutscheafrikar, I see that you are into vintages, so why ask?
Okay Jeeva
I think I know which engine you mean. I've seen a couple posted on this forum probably owned by members.
RE didn't pioneer front hydraulically damped telescopic forks. The first bike to my knowledge that had hydraulically damped Telescopic front forks was the BMW R12 1935 to 1941 just like the my avatar pic. Ofcourse some say that the Nimbus was the first.
Oh I asked cos I wasn't sure what the G2 was. Once had a chance to buy a RE with a girder front and rigid rear but I didn't push for it.
Regards & many thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 16:21   #17
BHPian

Re: Army disposal Enfield Bullet

deutscheafrikar, You should have got hold of that old RE.
It should have been one of those C/G/J/K models. Never knew they existed in India.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 16:40   #18
BHPian

I am a complete novice about this so I'll just ask, how does one get to know when old army vehicle auctions (particularly ones involving bullets) are held and what is the procedure for bidding in one? Any idea if any auctions are set to take place near Lucknow?
Old 19th October 2011, 23:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
My uncle got it for 18k and it was in working condition,and he didn't consider rebuilding it as they purchased a little new second hand bullet for 25k,which they use now,army one is lying in their scrapyard.
Can i get that one??? which model is it and when did he buy that??? I'm seriously interested & in case he's not interested then can you please get me the details of the dealer from where he got that or did he buy directly from the auction???
Old 20th October 2011, 11:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek24x View Post
Can i get that one??? which model is it and when did he buy that??? I'm seriously interested & in case he's not interested then can you please get me the details of the dealer from where he got that or did he buy directly from the auction???
Are you sure you want that one?,it's been lying for a year their and he has some business friend in mayapuri,from where he got it.BTW he is in rudrapur,so how will you transport that from there?
Old 20th October 2011, 17:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure you want that one?,it's been lying for a year their and he has some business friend in mayapuri,from where he got it.BTW he is in rudrapur,so how will you transport that from there?
ok..I thought that your uncle and the bike might be located near ncr as I'm located in gurgaon. by the way is your uncle's friend somewhere near ncr? and still has some bikes like this? i'll prefer a bike that is in running condition so that it would be easy to transport it to some mechanic's place..anyways please pm me your contact number so I can get in touch..
Old 20th October 2011, 20:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
ok..I thought that your uncle and the bike might be located near ncr as I'm located in gurgaon. by the way is your uncle's friend somewhere near ncr? and still has some bikes like this? i'll prefer a bike that is in running condition so that it would be easy to transport it to some mechanic's place..anyways please pm me your contact number so I can get in touch..
Hey,as you're a newbie here i am not able to pm you,and yes my uncle's friend has a shop in mayapuri itself.I called my uncle and told him to talk with his friend regarding the same,as soon as(hopefully tomorrow) he gives me info,will inform you the same.
Old 20th October 2011, 21:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,as you're a newbie here i am not able to pm you,and yes my uncle's friend has a shop in mayapuri itself.I called my uncle and told him to talk with his friend regarding the same,as soon as(hopefully tomorrow) he gives me info,will inform you the same.
oh that would be very nice of you by the way do you have any idea that in case of new registration of army auction vehicles, the new owner will be the first owner???? anyways thanks a lot for helping. i'm waiting anxiously for the news :P
Old 20th October 2011, 22:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
oh that would be very nice of you by the way do you have any idea that in case of new registration of army auction vehicles, the new owner will be the first owner???? anyways thanks a lot for helping. i'm waiting anxiously for the news :P
Your most welcome,sorry but no idea regarding the registration info.BTW are you okay with bullet earlier used by traffic police(the white one)?,just asking for idea?
Old 20th October 2011, 22:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Your most welcome,sorry but no idea regarding the registration info.BTW are you okay with bullet earlier used by traffic police(the white one)?,just asking for idea?
ya definitely but only it comes as cheap as the army ones..like the way your uncle got..
Old 20th October 2011, 23:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh that would be very nice of you by the way do you have any idea that in case of new registration of army auction vehicles, the new owner will be the first owner????
If you buy the bike I think your name will be first. But what difference would that make, since it will be mentioned in the books (Army Disposal)
Old 21st October 2011, 10:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: Army disposal bullet

Quote:
Sir, do you have any idea regarding the condition of these bullets?? And also, how much would go into bringing them into shape??
Condition, as applicable to any ex-army vehicle, is derelict. I don't have any pics, but here's one another Kolkata tbhp member clicked on his visit to Panagarh.

Army disposal Enfield Bullet-panagarh-bullet.jpg

Should cost you anywhere between 25-50K to bring them back to shape.
Old 21st October 2011, 16:48   #28
BHPian

^ not all are so. see this one

Army disposal Enfield Bullet-army.jpg
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
deutscheafrikar, You should have got hold of that old RE.
It should have been one of those C/G/J/K models. Never knew they existed in India.
yep you could be right Jeeva. They say hindsight is 20-20 but I had never heard that back then. The man had three old motorcycles, the other two were a 500 twin Ariel and a 1941 BMW R12 with a sidecar and handshift, rigid rear and telescopic front.
Old 26th October 2011, 12:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
^ not all are so. see this one

Attachment 830275

This one is seems to be in a very good condition!!!! Sir where did you get these pics from??? and any idea about price/condition/location etc??

Most Viewed