Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2006, 17:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Running a kinetic for speedrun

Sounds stupid?...well read on...
As soon as my exams get over i.e. 23 march,im seriously planning on modding/get my kine modded.I know this is a car forum but the reason im posting this here and not on rddreams is coz im a newbie there and i know you guys better.First of all i need some answers.
1-What is the smallest engine which can run a shot of nos without taking a blow?;i heard its anything above 400cc.
2-Can nos be run on 2-strokes?
3-*Tuners to answer*...Can you run this kit on my kinetic?

Image courtesy rddreams

Now entering a kine sounds lame;but i read on t-bhp that a kine managed to smoke a shogun.This got me thinking coz my dad wont let me touch the baleno and the santro is not the ideal car to mod,so why not the kinetic which is lying at home?
The mod-list is as follows:
Big bore kit-ron chinoy
Wiseco pistons-ron chinoy
Cdi kit-ron chinoy
Custom chamber-tuner craft
clutch;midrange-tuner craft
Porting-tuner craft

And stuff to reduce weight and make it more aerodynamic.I have a k&n too.So throw in the suggestions.......

binz
Old 5th March 2006, 00:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

First suggestion, get a licence. You can't run without a DL.

Second, any engine can take nitrous. You need to decide how much boost you want.
Old 5th March 2006, 12:04   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Topic moved to the two wheeler section. Please take the effort in ensuring that your thread is posted in the appropriate section
Old 5th March 2006, 13:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Get a dry setup. That wouldn't blow up provided, the boost is optimum such that engine doesn't blow for atleast 4 runs.
Old 5th March 2006, 21:44   #5
BHPian

hey dud i tot i wuz crazy and so did most of the world wen i ported my kini. nos on a kini jus takes my breath away.i tink ur engine needs a total rebuild before u get any were close to nos.any way i doubt that the small variator (stock and the clutch can take it) if u realy want to do a perfect job ul definately be talkin bout the wrong side of 20k. best of luck in your endaevour dude i cant wait to see r kini.

ps:since ur plans sound realy pschyotic seems lik u need to touch base with pschyo himself.

PPS: what on earth are u gona do with all dese mods and not hav a valid license wich means u cant participate?

Last edited by cooljun : 5th March 2006 at 21:54.
Old 5th March 2006, 22:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Caution: a Kinetic's(scooter) aerodynamics is totally different from bikes.
Get really protective gear. We all want u to write back after ur Speedrun experience.

PS: U DONT HAVE A LICENSE!!!

Where is NC???
Old 7th March 2006, 07:45   #7

I've got just one thing to say...First try beatin my kine with wat u've got now n then go do whatever u want....
PS:If u soup up ur ride i'm gonna make mine pump yours...
Old 7th March 2006, 08:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
First suggestion, get a licence. You can't run without a DL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
PPS: what on earth are u gona do with all dese mods and not hav a valid license which means u cant participate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
U DONT HAVE A LICENSE!!!
You guys are taking this the wrong way. Where in my post did it say that I was goin to ride it? Im just getting the bike tuned to know more about engies and to gain sum experiance bout porting..... blah blah blah.I just need someone light and licensed and I have already found that person. Someone told me that they could get me a fake LL but even still, I don’t want one coz it could lead to serious problems. Anyway coming back to mods ,how much would that nos kit cost? Can I just get the cylinder from Dubai and get the other stuff from here? Rest of the mods have been discussed with the tuner and hes given the go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Caution: a Kinetic's(scooter) aerodynamics is totally different from bikes.
Get really protective gear. We all want u to write back after ur Speedrun experience.
Yup nitrous ,you are right bout that and so will be getting fiberglass body panels(called shields for kines) and it will be more aerodynamic, without making the bike look fugly.
If I really go ahead,will be looking at a sub 15s run(previously done by the same tuner on a kine) with about 15-18bhp(send me a pm if you wanna know how)Will definitely post a report and pics of the job.Hell if the bike(was gonna say ‘I’)smokes the competition,it might even make it to autocar as ‘the idiot who dragged a Kinetic Honda and won !!’
binz
Ps-think about the power to weight ratio!!! and if your thinking ron chinoy,then you are wrong!

Last edited by binz : 7th March 2006 at 08:34.
Old 7th March 2006, 09:59   #9
BHPian

i seriously doubt any kinetic running the oe vario transmission will do 15sec. Without nos ie.

Moreover if u plan to win and stuff u should be looking at 14sec times...if run upto 110cc.And 13sec times if u run with a shaolin piston.

It will be good for experience though.
Old 7th March 2006, 12:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ah, the experience of keeping up with bigger machinery matters more, winning anyway is impossible with a scooter.....
Old 7th March 2006, 13:17   #11
BHPian

bad idea bro.
NOS isnt the only thing in the world.
look at the other drag bikes in the country.
none of the indian bikes have resorted to NOS -->waste of money when you can get the power from other things.
go over to a good mechanic there and ask him to give you a major port job with a shogun piston and an expansion chamber,that should be good fun for the time being.

15secs on an auto tranny is a joke.
id say 17secs minimum.
Old 7th March 2006, 14:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

All you guys think that im just entering the bike with "porting ". Trust me,it wont be a shady affair and will have the best of parts.The funny part is that im gonna get a mileage of 3kmpl which will make it drag specific.Also the engine will last only for about 10-16 drags after which it will require a rebore.
Anyway its going to get done so you for guys can wait and watch. Im doin this to know more about an engine and porting etc and hence the reason why I chose a kinetic.
Anyway all this is after my exams and so i wont be posting on this thread till they are over.

@islero yup dude that’s what its all about.And you’ll be amazed at what the kine can do!
binz
Old 7th March 2006, 15:44   #13
Tom
BHPian

you cant be competitive on a kine against the geared bikes.
drag racing is all about 60ft times.

mebbe a RX-135 with NOS wuld be good.

All the best!
Old 7th March 2006, 16:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

OT: If u can fit NOS on a kine, why hasn't an RD with NOS raced yet??
Old 7th March 2006, 16:16   #15
BHPian

NOS was'nt needed till now.But Who knows.....when ...where.. ?????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks