Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 21:12   #31
vsh
BHPian

Re: Help in Selecting New Bike! 120-135 cc

hi
continuing my search, i dropped pulsar135 due to the riding position. shortlisted super splendor and slingshot. went to herohonda showroom and i was introduced to the all new glamour, with new headlamps design etc. so one more contender here. any inputs on this all new glamour?
i am little inclined to herohonda due to its build quality, FE and comfort. already have a splendor and its truely a hassle free bike. slingshot is new and yet to prove itself. so little hesitation there.
Old 27th June 2011, 22:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
i am little inclined to herohonda due to its build quality, FE and comfort. already have a splendor and its truely a hassle free bike. slingshot is new and yet to prove itself. so little hesitation there.
Mate, trust me, if you like the new glamor, go for it. It is a cosmetic upgrade only and hence it will be as good/bad as the old glamor. Sorry have not direct feedback regarding the performance of the bike but an acquaintance owning it is not complaining.

One query though, Why a 125cc when you already have a Splendor. You will not feel any difference in outright power, build or service center experience.

EDIT: Just noticed your location is Sirsi. So if the proximity of the HH Service is close by, then you are better off selecting the glamor. Not sure how the suzuki and other service centers are around your area.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 27th June 2011 at 22:28.
Old 29th June 2011, 18:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
+1

Yes same case with Honda one of my friend changed his Break Disc pad of Unicorn and it was 1200 + something, and for my TVS Victor it was only 320 Rs.
Even for my Palio its 1100 Rs only.
Unicorn's brake pad change is worth Rs 450 including labour. May be this guy changed his ball bearing also.
Victor has got disc brakes? I was not aware of that.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:20   #34
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

One query though, Why a 125cc when you already have a Splendor. You will not feel any difference in outright power, build or service center experience.

EDIT: Just noticed your location is Sirsi. So if the proximity of the HH Service is close by, then you are better off selecting the glamor. Not sure how the suzuki and other service centers are around your area.
yes, i already have a splendor and want the new bike for my new office at ranebennur which is to be opened next month. i want to upgrade slightly from 100 to 125cc thinking that ride will be little more confortable compared to 100cc.
i hope suzuki might have a good service centre in ranebennur or nearby davangere.

now dropped glamour too. the dilema is between honda shine and suzuki slingshot. please help.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
....i want to upgrade slightly from 100 to 125cc thinking that ride will be little more confortable compared to 100cc.
Well if you are open to try 150cc then it will give you a wide range of choices. Also not sure how good Yamaha service is but you have to try the gladiator. Its 125 and has very good handling and comfort. At the same time, you can also look at the Yamaha SZ-R/SZ-X which are 150cc models but provide good comfort and FE.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Unicorn's brake pad change is worth Rs 450 including labour. May be this guy changed his ball bearing also.
Victor has got disc brakes? I was not aware of that.
Yes TVS Victor GLX had front disc break, now this model is not available. May be they have reduced the cost as am sure he has changed Disc pads only, even Karizma charges are almost same as Unicorn's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks