Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 19:28   #16
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Yamaha R15 V2 comes home!

Congrats on the buy! More regular updates appreciated

I happened to see the R15 V2 in flesh today and I was pleasantly surprised. Its a very well finished product in its class. In looks, I don't think there is anything to complain about. Is there a daytona kit kind of a thing with this version as well? The missus as usual was not impressed with the high pillion seat. I see this as a perfect track bike for a beginner. Delivery estimate is around 3 months.
Old 19th January 2012, 17:14   #17
BHPian

Hey congrats on the R15... to admit it simply looks smashing- specially the rear view. Side ways it looks like 2 different bikes merged into one.

BTW your choice of not going for the CBR i.e. torque/acceleration would have been clarified if you had taken a proper test ride of the bike. I really don't think/feel or have experienced any such thing in the CBR- or just for example sake a bike which nearly keeps up with a similar capacity twin is found poor in torque/acceleration, then I would say that the twin is a more poor performing machine. If I have to purely consider the hp point of view and compare it to say the Karizma which makes less hp than the R15- I would say the ZMA anyday will accelerate faster than an R15.

Please do not take this as a criticism- just thought to clarify as I found your comment misleading. After running in- try a friendly drag with a friend who owns a CBR. That would erase your doubts.

Waiting period...alas, thats an issue I would agree with. Wish you a million miles on your steed.

Ride on.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:24   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by azifali View Post
After a lot of contemplation and exploring various options including CBR 250, Pulsar 220 and a bullet, I booked the Yamaha on Sept 10th, right after the launch.
===================
Though.. I wish the power was a wee bit higher :-)

Thanku for your review.
I am also planning to buy this bike.I really like it.It is the first of its kind in India.I wish you all the best and congratulate you.Enjoy..!
Happy riding!
Old 12th April 2012, 21:42   #19
BHPian

Congrats Azifali ..
I am also out for shopping new vehicles..
Looking for a Punto
or maybe a cheaper car + CBR/R15 !
Undecided still !

Most Viewed