Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2006, 19:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
I would recommend the DIO. It costs 2k more than the Activa but is worth the look.
i kinda agree with moralfibre , the dio is definately a better option ..... the activa has a big behind which goes with the too broad pillion seat which becomes quite a pain for rides longer than ten to twelve minutes ......

either way i'm a honda person ! why dont you ask the lady in question to test both the dio and the activa and see what she's comfortable with
Old 10th March 2006, 19:24   #17
BHPian

anna buy the activa...its the best resale and servicing+resale are good..its heaven..we cannot talk same about dio IMOdio feels to small in size to compare with activa,,the activa is the best choice forget pleasure hh is not doing well at all and forget their servicing leaving lakhsmi hh
go for activa (not black i feel its not lucky)...if u dont mind y not a car????its safer than bike as always
Old 10th March 2006, 20:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

@ Sathish, I am posting this after consulting my wife (she was a proud owner of a Nova). Her opinion is almost the same as that of Zappo's....and she recommends Nova 135.
That said, let me put MY 2 cents:
It would be a prudent idea if you can wait for the Kinetic Millennium. It should be in showrooms within 2 months, and may cost 45 ~ 53K.
Old 10th March 2006, 20:43   #19
BHPian

Well, Buddy I dont want to Affect your decesion in anyway about buying scooty, but only few days back a very close friend of mine died in an accident on her scooty, It was activa.A truck hit her from back and the handle of scooty damged her Kidney and stomach.Though she was wearing a helmet,but still we couldnt save her....I think these scoots cost smething around 30 to 40 k why dont u consider getting a second hand 800 for that amount.Much more safer.I know i m gng completely offtopic.But after seeing this thread i cudnt resist writing.....Sorry if u feel offended in anyway...
Old 10th March 2006, 20:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme
Well, Buddy I dont want to Affect your decesion in anyway about buying scooty, but only few days back a very close friend of mine died in an accident on her scooty, It was activa.A truck hit her from back and the handle of scooty damged her Kidney and stomach.Though she was wearing a helmet,but still we couldnt save her....I think these scoots cost smething around 30 to 40 k why dont u consider getting a second hand 800 for that amount.Much more safer.I know i m gng completely offtopic.But after seeing this thread i cudnt resist writing.....Sorry if u feel offended in anyway...
You just told something that I typed...and deleted...
That is why I said my wife WAS once a proud owner of...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 10th March 2006 at 20:55.
Old 10th March 2006, 21:29   #21
BHPian

I have been using activa from 2002 december & till now i have not faced any troubles.In all these years all that i had to spend for was rs150 for an oil seal & for the oil expenses.The activa has a steel body which is a very + point while comparing to dio.In citys most small hit with autos & bikes can cause the fibres to break while the steel can be reshaped as i can see from my experience.
Only trouble is fuel efficiency. I get around 38kmpl but mind you most of time i ride very harsh & mostly i go above 70kmph.When driven carefully i used to get 54.32 kmpl easily.If i were to chose b/w activa & pleaseure then i would go for activa for the safe & sturdy body & i wud go for pleaseure only if main criterion wud be fe.
Atlast activa is from honda & u can be sure of flawless quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Satish, Activa has many complaints! Check the review in MouthShut.com. Go for HH Pleasure! It should be a good one...!
Old 10th March 2006, 22:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
I have been using activa from 2002 december & till now i have not faced any troubles.In all these years all that i had to spend for was rs150 for an oil seal & for the oil expenses.The activa has a steel body which is a very + point while comparing to dio.In citys most small hit with autos & bikes can cause the fibres to break while the steel can be reshaped as i can see from my experience.
Only trouble is fuel efficiency. I get around 38kmpl but mind you most of time i ride very harsh & mostly i go above 70kmph.When driven carefully i used to get 54.32 kmpl easily.If i were to chose b/w activa & pleaseure then i would go for activa for the safe & sturdy body & i wud go for pleaseure only if main criterion wud be fe.
Atlast activa is from honda & u can be sure of flawless quality
bro can u tell me how much does the body of activa cost coz dio's body costs 1100 bucks
Old 10th March 2006, 22:35   #23
BHPian

hey kooldude in most accidents i met with i didn had to change the body, just needed reshaping.Only once did i change the body part, which was front mudguard & iirc it cost me around 400 or so.I had to change that piece bcos it was hell bent & had cuts.The chances of changing the body is minimum.
Old 11th March 2006, 09:56   #24
BHPian

satish anna please buy a car ...no no to a scooter please roads are no safe in hyderabad please ...i want o elaborate but cant plz go for a car,,,,,please
Old 11th March 2006, 10:28   #25
BHPian

Go Activa

Satish,

Go for activa, I have been using it for last 2 years before my Petra babe came. No issues so far and you will enjoy the ride in city as compared to geared motorbikes. Pickup is also beautiful. Some how I also did not like Dio after test driven though they have same engines

Sudhakar
Old 11th March 2006, 12:11   #26
BHPian

hey i think you can go in for the pleasure. both activa and pleasure share the same engine.but different variator ratios.the pleasure generates slightly more torque due to its new ratios which make it a better bike to ride in the city. kindly stay away from the activa.iv had the bike for 3 yrs and can vouch for the fact that 1nce you cross 20k km even with regular service the bike has very bad self starting probs.early mornings are a nightmare. the kicker is another pain to those whov goten used to the kinetic honda's kicker.the mileage is exceptionally bad for a 4stroker hovering bout in the early 30's.forget the dio the plastic body in indian roads make it very unsafe.

Last edited by cooljun : 11th March 2006 at 12:13.
Old 11th March 2006, 12:35   #27
BHPian

As everyone know honda's Service cost ios higher when compared to other brands. Check out the scooty pep+ and have a test ride. If ur wife is a kind of Zoom zoom rider go for honda as it has good pickup else if she is a smooth rider scooty pep+ would be the best choice as it offers better FE and has many goodies like mobile charger etc... Moreover You save a few thousands and lso TVS spares are known to be cheaper than Honda's.
Old 11th March 2006, 15:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Why not try out the Bajaj wave, its a good scooter. I have not heard of any comlaints about it.
Old 11th March 2006, 16:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Why not try out the Bajaj wave, its a good scooter. I have not heard of any comlaints about it.
The ride quality is the best in it's class...
Please omit it as it is well known to have cold start problem...You will need to kick start every morning after 3 months of use. Another bad thing is that without pulling the center stand you cannot use the kick start (that too reverse ... don't know why bajaj has opted this way).....
Old 11th March 2006, 20:05   #30
BHPian

Hey cooljun i have an activa which now reeads abt 27k on meter.I can always start the bike using self start without using the choke,When its the winter if i use choke the self starter promptly starts the engine.ie I didin had any issues with self start.I use the bike usually for 80km trips during which i always ride above 70kmph harshly & still it returns an avg of around 38-39 kmpl.Even though i use it roughly i promptly get the service done may be thats helping me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
hey i think you can go in for the pleasure. both activa and pleasure share the same engine.but different variator ratios.the pleasure generates slightly more torque due to its new ratios which make it a better bike to ride in the city. kindly stay away from the activa.iv had the bike for 3 yrs and can vouch for the fact that 1nce you cross 20k km even with regular service the bike has very bad self starting probs.early mornings are a nightmare. the kicker is another pain to those whov goten used to the kinetic honda's kicker.the mileage is exceptionally bad for a 4stroker hovering bout in the early 30's.forget the dio the plastic body in indian roads make it very unsafe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks