Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2006, 15:19   #31
BHPian

go for kinetic dude

in gearless scooters my vote is always for kinetic
Old 13th March 2006, 16:44   #32
Team-BHP Support

Now that a few of them have actually broken the taboo and suggested a car when you are looking for a scooter let me put in my two cents. Looking at the road scene here and a few bad cases that I am aware of (and I would rather not even start talking about those) I would be much more comfortable to add another few thousands and look for a used M800 rather tham a scooty/scooter for wife, if I were you.

My humble request to you, please do pause and think a while before you decide on that scooter for your wife.
Old 13th March 2006, 18:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

There is lots of sense in what zappo and others earlier mentioned.
Traffic in our cities is getting worse by the day. Add to it the fact that driving is rash and without following any rules. For women and elderly people, the car atleast provides a cocoon of safety which is missing in a bike. The extra cash that you would need to put in to get a car, would be well worth it.
Old 13th March 2006, 18:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, i'd suggest getting a decent '95 M800 for 50-60k just for safety's sake.
Old 16th March 2006, 11:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to all of the guys who dropped in their suggestions and feedback. Finally, it is the Activa.

Even my family suggested for a car. My wife works in the downtown of Hyderabad (Abids). It is hell driving a car there and more importantly finding a parking slot. And she just startred learning car. Also i have parking only for one car at home and have to park the second car on the road.

Booked Activa on Saturday and delivery was promissed in 10 days. But got a call from the dealer on Monday that the bike is ready for delivery. I called the loan agent and he confirmed i can take the delivery. We went for Activia because Honda dealership come first from our home. Otherwise, there is no other reason for dropping HH Pleasure

When we went to the dealership and was thinking everything is fine, the sales person slowly mentioned that also I have to buy the helmet from them. It is a new rule in AP, that people buying two wheeler also has to buy helmet from the same dealer and present the bill during the registration. Incedentally, we bought the helmet just two days earlier. The dealer said he can give me the bill if i pay Rs. 100.

I agreed to this. My wife just casually mentioned that they should have mentioned this during registration. The sales manager did not agree to us and he said they sure mentioned this in the estimate and not willing to listen to us. I got so frustated....i brought the entire roof down. Imagine me a 6.1 ft guy towering over the 5.5' manager. I insisted on cancelling my delivery. He came down and agreed. He took us to his personal room and apologized many times. Guys.....this is very pathetic. I got a lot of better service from my FIAT dealer.

Finally my wife is a proud owner of a dark grey Activia.....
Old 16th March 2006, 12:02   #36
cnu
BHPian

Congrats dude. Its real stupidity of the new rule of buying the helmet from the SAME dealer.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks