Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 13:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Access or Honda Activa for the Wife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I would like to make one suggestion - go for the scooter which has atleast front telescopic suspensions. Activa has spring loaded ones and I tell you they hurt a lot when passing over even small bumps/potholes/rough surfaces. With monsoons coming in, the road condition is going to go from bad to worse.

BTW have you test driven any other scooters other than Activa?
Will keep that in mind and will check access too but as per the aesthetics go activa looks better - it is purely my personal choice,I really liked kinetic blaze and would have convinced my wife for it since I had my own personal interest of driving for a change from RE 500
Old 5th June 2012, 14:30   #77
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Access or Honda Activa? Or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Do not buy a commuter-scooter without taking a test ride of the TVS Wego.
+1 KiloAlpha. I own a Honda Activa and I have been driving it for the past 6+ years. However, I would strongly recommend the TVS Wego; it's just awesome. Please do a TD and you would just love it.

I had driven my cousin's TVS Wego in Kerala and it's simply mind-blowing. I liked the following things in the TVS Wego:
  • Light-weight compared to the Activa; hence more suitable for ladies
  • Handling is far better than Activa
  • Acceleration is good and smooth
  • Styling is far better than the current Activa
  • Cheaper than Activa (I guess)
  • Fuel cap is conveniently place at rear; you don't need to open the seat assembly
My 2 cents! Hope it helps.

PS: Please do a TD before buying!
Old 5th June 2012, 14:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
... My neighbor has a Honda Aviator which I have driven. My Access feels way better than the Aviator. His Aviator is used every day, but starts after trying for 5/6 times, but my scooter starts invariably in the first attempt.... Had a TD of Flyte....
I have used (am using) both Aviator and Access. Access's 125CC and good power is very much evident from the start. However the scooter feels 'normal', nothing out of ordinary. Aviator on the other hand is bit slower (being 110cc) but makes it up in looks. The ride is tall and well planted. It might create problem to smaller riders. Access looks too bland in front of Aviator. Also, Aviator is heavy built unlike Access. Whenever my wife uses Access (she has clocked about 9000kms on Aviator in past 1.25 yrs single handedly), she tells that it feels like a toy!

I like Aviator because of its design and quality. Access quality looks a notch less than Aviator. Also the disc brakes version of Aviator is recommended, though it is about 6k costly than regular version. The new white color looks stunning on it, it has some sparkly things in it. I have the candy orange which looks hot.

In Access, I like only the white color. Gray is ok if you don't want to clean the bike every day. One peculiar thing about access is, when you release the throttle, the bike will continue rolling at that speed. In many bikes/scooters, when you let go of accelerator, the speed drops too with the falling rpms. In Access it is like the RX100, the bike rolls ahead at the same speed.

Kinetic Flyte was once very good when it was Sym Flyte. My friend has a 3.5 year old bike, and still loves it. But later the quality went for a toss (I felt) and the recent lot is not that good.

I will also recommend the Suzuki Swish. It is a new bike, some 500rs costlier than Access, but better designed. As it has almost all stuff same with access except the design, I think my above review will hold for that.

Agree with one poster above, that don't go for the scooters that don't have telescopic shocks at front. So avoid activa for your own sake.
Old 5th June 2012, 18:45   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I like Aviator because of its design and quality. Access quality looks a notch less than Aviator.

I will also recommend the Suzuki Swish. .
When I took a drive on my neighbor's Aviator, I did not feel the engine as refined as my Access, may be because of improper maintenance. My younger sister is look out for a scooter as she is about to dispose her Scooty. She is around 5'1". I think Wego, Swish ( was not knowing about this, thanks for your input) & Flyte are the ones to look out for. Which one will be best suited for her considering her height. Any other option? As I am involved in the decision making process, any info will be of help. She is not concerned about FE. The only requirement is user friendliness & reliability particularly the self starter in the morning. She hates to kick start the scooter.

Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 19:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

Then I would recommend Suzuki Access or Swish, preferably swish because of new design. Aviator will be too tall and heavy, and Flyte will not be as good in long term as Suzuki.

You can think of New Honda Dio too. It has some very good colors available, and is light weight too.
Old 6th June 2012, 10:17   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Then I would recommend Suzuki Access or Swish, preferably swish because of new design. Aviator will be too tall and heavy, and Flyte will not be as good in long term as Suzuki.

You can think of New Honda Dio too. It has some very good colors available, and is light weight too.
The new Honda Dio continues to have the old Activa Suspension. It is not telescopic.

You could try the Wego too. I have been using our Wego for the past year and has had no problems at all. I usually kick start in the mornings, and it starts with the first kick everytime.

Prajwal
Old 6th June 2012, 12:44   #82
Senior - BHPian

We might be looking at a new scooter for my wife in the coming months and given the inputs here, it might be a Wego.
We already have a Scooty-ES and a Scooty-Pep - so quite aware of the TVS brand.

I don't want a Honda because the Activa is too over-rated a scooter and also because of their hugely crowded service centres (due to everyone
and their dog owning an Activa in Kerala) - I dont think I want to queue up at 6AM to get a routine-service done.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th June 2012 at 12:46.
Old 11th June 2012, 09:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

I am going to book Activa - Ocean blue color today, did not tried Wego and Swish, they might be good but the unanimous choice comes to be Activa
Old 11th June 2012, 09:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I am going to book Activa - Ocean blue color today,
Good, whats the waiting period like in your city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
I usually kick start in the mornings, and it starts with the first kick everytime.
This is a perenial issue with Activa, does not start with one kick even with choke on. Atleast 5-6 kicks are needed compulsorily in the morning, the battery does not come alive if tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I don't want a Honda because the Activa is too over-rated a scooter and also because of their hugely crowded service centres I dont think I want to queue up at 6AM to get a routine-service done.
+1 to that. Overrated yes but the demand does not seem to subside. On any given day in Thane there are atleast 5-6 deliveries of Activa.
The service centre crowding is an old issue, I avoid it by giving it around 11 am in the morning (when the service manager is his cabin).
Old 11th June 2012, 10:09   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good, whats the waiting period like in your city?
Pay and Pick

All the colors are available, just need to make the payment. should i take accessories from them? they are charging me with 3400 for complete set.
Old 11th June 2012, 10:34   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Pay and Pick

All the colors are available, just need to make the payment. should i take accessories from them? they are charging me with 3400 for complete set.
Wow, unbelievable. While the rest of nation waits for 3-4 months, you are getting it off the shelf.

Dont go for all the accessories, go for only those which are essentials like the turn indicator buzzer, side stand, number plate (Height of Honda robbery). You can go for the helmet, seat cover from outside for less. Save some money and get an underbody anti rust coating done since it is the start of the monsoons.
Old 11th June 2012, 10:48   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, unbelievable. While the rest of nation waits for 3-4 months, you are getting it off the shelf.

Dont go for all the accessories, go for only those which are essentials like the turn indicator buzzer, side stand, number plate (Height of Honda robbery). You can go for the helmet, seat cover from outside for less. Save some money and get an underbody anti rust coating done since it is the start of the monsoons.
They are giving me the following accessories in 3400 and i am quite eager to buy it as early as on 13th june as a bday present to my wifey

Accessories:

Rear number plate
Stand set side
Step easy sari
Seat cover
Front Bumper
AR Rear Guard
Grip Cover
Buzzer
MAT
Front Bidding
Basket
Kick Rubber
Teflon Coating
Old 11th June 2012, 12:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
We might be looking at a new scooter for my wife in the coming months and given the inputs here, it might be a Wego.
We already have a Scooty-ES and a Scooty-Pep - so quite aware of the TVS brand.

I don't want a Honda because the Activa is too over-rated a scooter and also because of their hugely crowded service centres (due to everyone
and their dog owning an Activa in Kerala) - I dont think I want to queue up at 6AM to get a routine-service done.
SB, I bought a Dio recently basically because of it's trendy looks. The Activa is way too fat and ugly. The Wego is an excellent choice, my bad, I did not give it a single thought. I would suggest the Scooty Streak since you already have some scooties. This one looks very trendy and has a good motor too. Check out both the wego and the streak before you decide.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 14:00   #89
Senior - BHPian

I booked Activa- Ocean blue today and paid OTR + 3 yr EW. against some Odds, i found activa to be a better deal than others in the market
Old 11th June 2012, 21:54   #90
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Although Vespa looks promising on the paper, it seriously lacks the service network where Honda scores. Also spending 10k more is not justified. I would suggest better stick with Activa if available at your place or else look for other options like Wego or Access or Swish.
FYI, the Honda Activa, Suzuki Zeus cost around 56K onroad BLR and the Vespa hold your breath is 80,500 on road, so the customer is almost paying 25K more when compared and to be frank the quality of switch gear on the Vespa is poor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks