Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2012, 07:32   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Access or Honda Activa for the Wife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I booked Activa- Ocean blue today and paid OTR + 3 yr EW. against some Odds, i found activa to be a better deal than others in the market
Congratulations.

What did the EW cost you? Is the 3 yr EW above the usual 2 yr warranty? So finally did you settle for all the accessories? Do post the pics of the new colour Activa.

I am sure you will be starting a new thread on the same.

Last edited by ghodlur : 12th June 2012 at 07:40.
Old 12th June 2012, 08:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations.

What did the EW cost you? Is the 3 yr EW above the usual 2 yr warranty? So finally did you settle for all the accessories? Do post the pics of the new colour Activa.

I am sure you will be starting a new thread on the same.
Yes I will start a new thread soon.

EW cost is Rs. 625 which extends it till 5 years and I will not buy any accessories from them
Old 12th June 2012, 10:09   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
I would suggest the Scooty Streak since you already have some scooties. This one looks very trendy and has a good motor too.
When we bought the Scooty pep+ couple years ago, the Streak was available too, but remember being told that it was the same as Pep, except for the styling, bigger tyres & advantage of fuel-tank opening not being under the seat. Did not know that it has a different motor - will check that out.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th June 2012 at 10:17.
Old 21st June 2012, 15:24   #94
BHPian

A Bit OT

Need to change battery for honda activa. Its becoming hard to start using push button start.

Any maintainance free batteries receommended for Activa [ Older Model ] ? Believe that its battery is 12v, 5 Ah.

Trying to figure out if Amaron or Exide is a better choice. Need guidance from experts in here ? Do these batteries have any warranties on them ?

Waiting for your reply. Planning to replace the same this saturday.
Old 19th July 2012, 23:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

If a little more Pep is what you want - Access

Else get a WEGO, starts on first kick every morning, averages 45-48kmpl,body balance rocks, and really like its ride quality and big wheels.

Buying a Activa was ok 6-7 years ago when there was no one to compete.
Old 20th July 2012, 00:18   #96
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Swish/Access.
Much better than Activa. Recently my friend purchased one for his wife.
The Swish looks particularly alluring in a new striking shade of blue/black combo.
Its peppy, smooth, has a very comfortable ride (front suspension is telescopic forks). The seat is wide and comfy, there's enough underseat storage and it feels very well put together.
What pulls it down slightly is the rather mundane looking instrument cluster, but that's a trade-off you can live with.
Old 22nd October 2012, 18:58   #97
BHPian

Dear Friends,

How is Vespa and the latest Yamaha scooters? Please share us your ownership experience with us. Particularly need these vehicle's suspension, ride quality, build quality and fuel efficiency.

Thanks,
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Please share us your ownership experience with us. Particularly need these vehicle's suspension, ride quality, build quality and fuel efficiency.
Please go thru this thread for exhaustive ownership review by bhpian hillram of the Vespa --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...rt-motion.html

For the Yamaha scooters, you can only find first ride reports for now and they are unanimous in their verdict that it is a decent city ride designed mainly with female riders in mind. You have to wait a bit more for the ownership reviews to come out since its a pretty recent launch.
Old 9th August 2013, 19:45   #99
BHPian

Hi,
After taking test rides of TVS Wego, Vespa, Honda Activa, Hero Maestro, Hero Pleasure, Yamaha Ray, Mahindra Duro, my wife finally selected Suzuki Swish. Earlier she had Kinetic Marvel. I never suggested any scooter to her but I took her to the showrooms for test ride. Some how she liked the Suzuki Swish and according to me it was the right choice. Excellent fit and finish. Manager of M/s.Pai Sales Mangalore, Mr.Kini was extremely helpful and within a day I got my scooter. ( also thanks to Sriram Finance). Here is my ride near Panambur beach, Mangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Access or Honda Activa for the Wife?-dscn2226.jpg  

B.R.S.Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 19:58   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
my wife finally selected Suzuki Swish. Earlier she had Kinetic Marvel. Here is my ride near Panambur beach
Congratulations on the Swish buy. So already you are staking claim as your ride. Dont worry happens with most of the males in the family who get the scooter for the better halves.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 20:09   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
Hi,
After taking test rides of TVS Wego, Vespa, Honda Activa, Hero Maestro, Hero Pleasure, Yamaha Ray, Mahindra Duro, my wife finally selected Suzuki Swish.
Welcome to club swish. It is indeed an excellent choice as I bought the same for my wife couple of months ago. We chose the silver & black color combination. As fellow bhpian said swish has given a temporary retirement to my pulsar 200 :-P
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks