Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2006, 00:19   #1
BHPian

Suggestions/improvments on bike tyres

hola friends!

planning to put some new 17" tyers on my bike but on rims is there any broad 17" rims on the market now and also give me info on 17" tyers pls (pic on modified indian bikes page 8)
Old 8th March 2006, 01:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try getting spinners too with a lot of chrome. Ride'll look bling,baby.
Old 9th March 2006, 21:02   #3
BHPian

Seems you own the new Pulsar huh? Well, there are quite a few tyres (I ain't realy sure if it's true) that you will get in the market for 17" rims. Just have a look around at all the genuinely good tyre dealers that you can locate.

Also, good tyres will be some like DUNLOP. A friend of mine owns a Pulsar with the standard MRF tyres, and it seems that the compound has been unevenly constructed...one side gets rubbed off and smooth really quickly leading to lack of grip...and the other side stays reasonably fresher.

So...look for tyres that hav good tread...that will last longer...and it ain't necessary to go in for Pirelli tyres or something like that as I don't think that they are of much use on our roads....just make sure your swing-arm geometry does not change as this will hamper handling.

If you do install mag wheels of different companies or spinners...make sure you get it installed from a reputed shop so as to avoid complications...

Cheers...and keep riding hard.
Old 9th March 2006, 21:53   #4
BHPian

hhmm..nice 1 there babe_on_wheels....bro if u got a zapper on then please change it...the grip on it is very bad and under heavy breaking the rear tends to fish tail...Dunlop Heo-cruiser wud be a nice choice but i dont know if its available in 17inch rims...i personally have a 110/90-18 pirelli sport demon on my bike and it is very good in dry conditions but on loose gravel it kind of tends to loose its grounding..
Old 9th March 2006, 22:14   #5
BHPian

The Dunlop Geo-cruiser isn't avail in 17", i had the 18" as standard on my CBZ, now i've switched over to Barracuda 120/80 R18.....

Pirelli does have 17" and i suggest you go in for one for the rear.......They're the masters of tire making!
Old 9th March 2006, 23:01   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
The Dunlop Geo-cruiser isn't avail in 17", i had the 18" as standard on my CBZ, now i've switched over to Barracuda 120/80 R18.....

Pirelli does have 17" and i suggest you go in for one for the rear.......They're the masters of tire making!
Hey Ed any idea where in Pune are Pirelli's available. Has anyone tried to fit the Pulsar 17" or the Karizma 18" alloys on the Unicorn? If yes how feasible is it to do so? I would like to carry out this mod. Sorry for going off topic here.
Old 9th March 2006, 23:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Hey Ed any idea where in Pune are Pirelli's available. Has anyone tried to fit the Pulsar 17" or the Karizma 18" alloys on the Unicorn? If yes how feasible is it to do so? I would like to carry out this mod. Sorry for going off topic here.
Very possible, Both the 17" from the new pulsar and the 18" from the zma will fit right in on the unicorn......

The Pirelli Dealer is on the 'House of laptops' road by swargate....... when do you wanna get it done, maybe i'll tag along!!

The Michelin dealer is also on that road too ...... check him out!!

Last edited by Edmund : 9th March 2006 at 23:22.
Old 9th March 2006, 23:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Very possible, Both the 17" from the new pulsar and the 18" from the zma will fit right in on the unicorn......

The Pirelli Dealer is on the 'House of laptops' road by swargate....... when do you wanna get it done, maybe i'll tag along!!

hey the pulsar alloys will fit but for the zma alloys u need2do some kinda adjustment...dont remember wat exactly has to be done.
Old 11th March 2006, 22:10   #9
BHPian

is there 17" broad bike rims on market ?

hi guys!!!!

need some info on 17" rims for my bike planing to fix 140-80 17" tyre (rear) and 120-80 17" ( front) pls help me with some tyer manufactures also.
Old 11th March 2006, 22:21   #10
BHPian

need more info

hay guys!!

Thanks for ur gud advise but i need info on broad 17" rims not mag wheels or alloys . im planing to fix 140/80 r17 (rear) and 120/80 r17 (frount) on 17" rims for some time until i get a mag. im least bothered abt performance or milage just lookin for its cool look and gud grip . so any one know abt 17" rim pls help
Old 12th March 2006, 00:14   #11
BHPian

well iam sure u will be able to fit those profile tires on existing rims but then dont expect ur bike to go past 80-90 ever...those big tires just add weight and do nothing else...
Old 12th March 2006, 01:42   #12
BHPian

i'd say go for the barracuda... ive got em on my cbz.. 120/80/r18... gr8 grip.. heard the pirelli demon is good too..
Old 12th March 2006, 10:18   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Threads Merged ... ....
Old 12th March 2006, 10:32   #14
Team-BHP Support

Dude are you sure the front disc will mount on the alloys without any mods? I have a serious doubt on this! The dealer is J.M. Mehta tyres I suppose. Could you pls find out if these alloys will fit without any mods to the stock braking system?

Quote:

Old 13th March 2006, 17:54   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Dude are you sure the front disc will mount on the alloys without any mods? I have a serious doubt on this! The dealer is J.M. Mehta tyres I suppose. Could you pls find out if these alloys will fit without any mods to the stock braking system?
I'll check on that for you, it goes like this........If you want the alloy wheels for a front drum brake then you need to buy the 17" Discover wheel [Drum brake version!], and for disc brakes, the pulsar 17" will bolt on with no issues!!

But i'll check and let you know for sure!

Most Viewed