Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 20:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Running errands has never been this much fun !!

@DKG, didn't you also have a VFR?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 14th November 2011, 20:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats DKG, looks like you are on a biking spree have a good time with your new steed
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 22:21   #18
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
@DKG, didn't you also have a VFR?

Regards
Sutripta
Yes 13 years old and still going strong and still puts a wide grin on my face whenever I ride it. That V4 is an awesome engine. In race spec it did duty in the RC45 that won Honda the /97 championship. The engine on my bike is the detuned version referred to as the RC46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
A goldstar silencer will give C500 a good thump.
Will check it out as soon as I finish the first service

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I believe this is a fairly common practice.
Its wonderful to hear that others are doing this too. Sadly a few crooks have made it too risky for dealers in cars to attempt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
I suggest you go in for the off-road exhaust (as what RE calls) and you would enjoy the thump more
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Didn't you opt for Off Road exhaust ?
Thought I'd change the silencer after the first service. Will check out what RE offers in options.

Quote:
so the current garage...what else ?
...a pair of Packards, a Mercedes 180D, Hillman Minx and a Fiat Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
am thinking of a long ride on it somewhere sometime. Awesome buy!!
That would be fun Gogi. Planning to do Goa on a bike in Feb
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 00:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Deepak, the Classic 500 is probably one of the few RE Bikes which I have really liked.

Sorry for saying this but I am still curious to know why they delivered the bike in such a hurry. I hope you made all the necessary checks to ensure that it wasn't a bad piece. I mean the Bike has a big waiting period, it costs a lot of money, so why would they give it so fast & that too without waiting for the cheque to clear
Old 15th November 2011, 01:13   #20
BHPian

Hi DKG,

I have been facing the same issue with the battery not charging since I got the bike in August 2010. I had also confirmed this with a multimeter as you did. I informed the service center guys every time I took it for service and nothing was done about it (they just charged the battery).

I finally made some headway thanks to a kind member of the forum who works at RE putting in a word with the service center guys when they finally replaced the alternator.

Although the drainage issue has improved considerably, my battery still goes flat within a month if I use my headlights at night.

How did you word the issue you were facing with the battery to the service station guys when you reported it to them to have them resolve it the first time around?
Old 15th November 2011, 08:32   #21
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
curious to know why they delivered the bike in such a hurry
It's one of two blacks that arrived the previous day, saw them being unloaded. I think it has to do with me working for a car dealership in their neighbourhood and the brother of the owner is working with us, which I discovered later. The bike seems fine except for some electrical issues which have been sorted out. A friend got one a few months back within a month because he too knew the owner. So I think it's just down to the discretion of the dealer to allot out of turn if they deem it worth their consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
How did you word the issue you were facing with the battery to the service station guys when you reported it to them to have them resolve it the first time around?
They instantly recognised it as an earth within the alternator and confidently told me about it and seem to have fixed it as I've been riding it primarily in the night with headlights and it seems to hold charge. Haven't bothered to check if the charging current shows on a meter but I reckon they have resolved the problem. It's apparently a common problem
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 11:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Boss, you are definitely on a roll.

So now your garage has 8 cars and 3 Bikes

Congrats on the new acquisition! Looks like you maximised the resource utilisation of your biking apparels between the HOG and the RE500.

BTW I understand that the Fuel Injection system in the RE500 is without the lambda sensor for domestic models. I would suggest adding that to make it suitable for high altitudes like Ladakh.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 14:07   #23
Team-BHP Support

Wow Deepak, you really are good with making excuses to buy some wheels for yourself. Congratulations mate.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 15:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Manson go and give trials for your wedding suit
Deepak you have a VFR?? wow which one. I had a red VF750F Interceptor for a very short time (upgraded to a GSX 1000 with a 4x1 megaphone Kerker Exhaust) and that was an awesome machine. Way to go man!!
Old 15th November 2011, 18:28   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Manson go and give trials for your wedding suit
Was at one even this morning

Quote:
Deepak you have a VFR?? wow which one.
Deepak's is a fuel injected 1998 example.

Quote:
I had a red VF750F Interceptor for a very short time (upgraded to a GSX 1000 with a 4x1 megaphone Kerker Exhaust) and that was an awesome machine. Way to go man!!
Woaah, didn't know you were into bikes bud, thought the Norton was a part of your 'classics' apetite.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:17   #26
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
you really are good with making excuses to buy some wheels for yourself
kya karein. I have a weakness for all things automotive

Quote:
Deepak you have a VFR?? wow which one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Deepak's is a fuel injected 1998 example.
Bought this when I lived in Dubai Gogi and brought it down to Hyd in 2000. The best part is its such a fine allrounder that even after 13 years of ownership none of the new bikes make me want to change. True testimony to what a fab machine it is.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
It's one of two blacks that arrived the previous day, saw them being unloaded. I think it has to do with me working for a car dealership in their neighbourhood and the brother of the owner is working with us, which I discovered later. The bike seems fine except for some electrical issues which have been sorted out. A friend got one a few months back within a month because he too knew the owner. So I think it's just down to the discretion of the dealer to allot out of turn if they deem it worth their consideration.
Sounds good then, Congrats Again
Old 15th November 2011, 22:45   #28
DKG
Senior - BHPian

As I've been using the 500 in the night mostly I noticed the other day that the indicators started flashing like hazard lights whenever I used the signal with headlights on. Took it in this morning to the workshop and the technician fixed the problem in 10 minutes. Apparently at the factory they aren't securing the wiring that heads to the tail via the rear fender well and the wire casing is wearing off as it rubs against the tyre, causing a short circuit.

Two faults noticed within a week of purchase and both electrical !! Obviously RE's electrical team need to be pulled up and also QC on the assembly line seems weak. The chain was a tad bit too loose too according to the technician and he reset it. Today I also noticed the oil level is higher than the upper mark and some oil is leaking through the oil seal on the kick start shaft. It could be the higher level of oil, not sure. Will have to reduce the oil level and see

These niggles aside its a fun bike to ride !
Old 15th November 2011, 22:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I also noticed the oil level is higher than the upper mark and some oil is leaking through the oil seal on the kick start shaft.
Its just marking its territory, worry not!

Bullet is not a Bullet if its doesn't leak oil !
Old 15th November 2011, 22:53   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
. Today I also noticed the oil level is higher than the upper mark and some oil is leaking through the oil seal on the kick start shaft. It could be the higher level of oil, not sure. Will have to reduce the oil level and see

These niggles aside its a fun bike to ride !
The oil level should not be checked on a cold bike. The engine needs to be warmed up, switched off and then the oil level checked.
This is how it is in the AVL Tb engines. I think it would be the same in the UCE as well.

Excess engine oil is bad. But you would already know that.

Be careful of the side stand. I broke mine when I parked my bike on the slope at the entrance ramp of post office beside GVK One.

Don't let the weight pull the bike down with the side stand engaged.

Delhi Motors near Nampally and Commercial Motors Ranigunj stock a lot of RE spares and accessories.

You might want to check out Cramster® - India's Favourite Motorcycle Riding Gear and Motorbike Luggage: Saddlebags Tankbags Jackets Gloves for Touring Racing Motocross on Royal Enfield Pulsar Bajaj Karizma Honda Yamaha Apache Ninja for saddle bags.
Or check out my thread on making your own bags.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks