Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2011, 14:50   #46
BHPian

Re: What bike at 40? What do you call this urge at this age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
i would be happy if i can help you out in getting one good RD, ofcource not mine .
I have been dreaming about an RD for a while now, I would like some advice on RDs, how can I contact you?
Old 11th December 2011, 16:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
The best bet for you, considering al your requirements would have been the CB400 super four. around 180~200 kgs of manageable weight, inline 4 engine, not too race focussed.. just the ideal bike for thousands of fellas like you and me.

but given Honda's sheer lackadaisical attitude towards Indian market, we are yet to see any of these gem bikes in India. till now its available only in Jap home market and Aus. hope HMSI brings it real fast.

my dream bike however is the CBR600F, again god knows when these would make out to our shores...

Abhishek
Abhishek - You said it right. WE will have to wait for ages for this to come to Indian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Shubz i am at Sarjapur signal Suncity, let me know if you are willing to join the RD ride, i'll be starting at 6:30 am.
Please see this topic as well. My latest hunt :(
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2606065
Ajay - Sorry I had to attend to something at home so been home all day. I don't know if you know Murali from Banashankari - who has a RD himself.

I took it out on a spin y'day and the amazing exhaust note is still reverberating within me! One Helluva Bike it is!
Old 11th December 2011, 18:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
GT650 - ruled out saar - Though I like the N version but I can't stand the drainage pipe like exhaust (GT owners - please do not take offense at this)
Nonsense. How much does an exhaust cost?

Think coldly. Exclude the melroyal incident.

Hyosung makes decent bikes, all said n done. Which 650cc bike do you get in 3.8L?

and for god's sake - you cannot ride a bike looking at the exhaust
Old 11th December 2011, 18:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

Nonsense. How much does an exhaust cost?

Think coldly. Exclude the melroyal incident.

Hyosung makes decent bikes, all said n done. Which 650cc bike do you get in 3.8L?

and for god's sake - you cannot ride a bike looking at the exhaust
LOL the Melroy incident is not in consideration at all. Exhaust one side am worried about A.S.S yet to hear positive notes about it. Anyway hard to change impression about it.

I may not ride the bike looking at the exhaust but I sure would look at the bike when am not riding it ;-)
Old 11th December 2011, 21:09   #50
BHPian

Quote:
LOL the Melroy incident is not in consideration at all. Exhaust one side am worried about A.S.S yet to hear positive notes about it. Anyway hard to change impression about it.

I may not ride the bike looking at the exhaust but I sure would look at the bike when am not riding it ;-)
Shubz my friend!! Buy the most powerful bike you can afford! Seriously, you will be using it very less, might as well have fun when you are using it!! @40 you are not at all old. I have a 46 year old friend who owns a Ninja 250R for the last 2 years and did Delhi-Leh-Delhi on a FZ-16 last year! (Apart from a Pune-Chennai-Pune ride and other shorter rides afterwards.)

Melroy incident is a sham, thats the reason he couldn't defend his stand anywhere and had to resort to blocking people on BaseFook. Hyosung offers zero-depreciation policy standard with the bike. If you crash it, you don't need to pay even a penny (for the first 2 times at least)!

My suggestion, test ride everything you can with an open mind. Looks can always grow on you later. Duke is good, so are the CBR, the Ninjas and the GTs (though the GTs vibrate excessively). If you are looking for a cruiser, try out the ST7(I recommend it over the HD Iron/Superlow). But always remember the second sentence of my post.
Old 11th December 2011, 21:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin

Shubz my friend!! Buy the most powerful bike you can afford! Seriously, you will be using it very less, might as well have fun when you are using it!! @40 you are not at all old. I have a 46 year old friend who owns a Ninja 250R for the last 2 years and did Delhi-Leh-Delhi on a FZ-16 last year! (Apart from a Pune-Chennai-Pune ride and other shorter rides afterwards.)

Melroy incident is a sham, thats the reason he couldn't defend his stand anywhere and had to resort to blocking people on BaseFook. Hyosung offers zero-depreciation policy standard with the bike. If you crash it, you don't need to pay even a penny (for the first 2 times at least)!

My suggestion, test ride everything you can with an open mind. Looks can always grow on you later. Duke is good, so are the CBR, the Ninjas and the GTs (though the GTs vibrate excessively). If you are looking for a cruiser, try out the ST7(I recommend it over the HD Iron/Superlow). But always remember the second sentence of my post.
Got it. More like I got the most powerful I can handle and afford. :-) in the same order of preference. Will do a TR before parting with money. Be it any brand.
Old 11th December 2011, 22:31   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got it. More like I got the most powerful I can handle and afford. :-) in the same order of preference. Will do a TR before parting with money. Be it any brand.
Ahh finally so you are in the hunt for a 2-wheeler; gladdening to note that we have mature people joining the band wagon. Serious thought would be to give the CBR 250 a good shot and then slowly upgrade if the bike bug bites you after all BIG time. Probably then you can look at upgrading to the liter class if you can get your priorities swinging for you.
Old 11th December 2011, 22:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Ahh finally so you are in the hunt for a 2-wheeler; gladdening to note that we have mature people joining the band wagon. Serious thought would be to give the CBR 250 a good shot and then slowly upgrade if the bike bug bites you after all BIG time. Probably then you can look at upgrading to the liter class if you can get your priorities swinging for you.
haha! you were among the first one's with whom I shared the bug details. Yeah no matter how much I try to look away, the CBR250 doesn't get out of my attention!

Am glad to have you guys out here prodding me on! Lets see whats in store for me, the quarter liter, a lil more than half etc! Hunt will be on till y'all see Ownership thread in my name ;-)
Old 11th December 2011, 22:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
haha! you were among the first one's with whom I shared the bug details. Yeah no matter how much I try to look away, the CBR250 doesn't get out of my attention!
)
Getting Seriously need to visit your place once for the jeep.
And yes as Aditya mentioned in one of his posts, do visit us for a ride and then you will get a good idea as to the bike's capabilities. We do have a wide/varied/diverse bikes amongst our riders.
Old 11th December 2011, 22:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Shubz, 40 is hardly any age. I saw a 62 year old riding an R1 in Mumbai. No, he wasn't bumbling-fumbling at all. In fact he rode better than many youngsters. If money is no object, then go for inline four Japs, preferably litre class. Anything less and you will outgrow in 6 months and will be looking for an upgrade. And yes, inline four bikes are not bikes, they are musical instruments. The exhaust note is orgasmic. Do not buy piddly 250s. Better to buy an RD rather. Or even an Enfield. 180 kgs weight of Enfield is nothing. I am only 5'6" and weigh 63 kgs and I ride/handle a 240 Kg bike with ease, repeat ease. I even heave it onto centre stand unassisted. Have no fear, go ahead.
Old 12th December 2011, 10:14   #56
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Shubz,

Have a friend in the Swiss who bought a brand new 848 EVO and rode all the way to his hometown in Northern Ireland. He is 43 and you still are an young man . Like many have said here, there is no age limit set for biking. Its all in the head.

The other aspect you are concerned about - Weight. When in motion, you know very well that the weight factor is as good as negligible. You are in sync with the bike and will hardly be worried about that. When in slow motion, you just have to take some precautions and that applies to any bike.

With regards to the bike, I believe there many options now in our market than a few years ago. My suggestion is to wait until Auto expo to get a feel of the launches. If Trimuph is coming sooner, I would have booked one if I were in your shoes. My next option would have been Ninja 650R. But you would have to wait for both sor some time for sure.

Good luck!

P.S - whatever bike you buy, invest in some quality riding gear. Pls include that in your budget as well.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am glad to have you guys out here prodding me on! Lets see whats in store for me, the quarter liter, a lil more than half etc! Hunt will be on till y'all see Ownership thread in my name ;-)
Shubz,

A little more proding from my side - I am over a decade ahead of you in age. I ride close to 500 KMs (rides for the sake of ridding) every week even now.

Haroon had clarified what I wanted to say in my earlier reply, hope you saw that.

Hope to see a ownership thread soon

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 12th December 2011, 19:46   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Getting Seriously need to visit your place once for the jeep.
And yes as Aditya mentioned in one of his posts, do visit us for a ride and then you will get a good idea as to the bike's capabilities. We do have a wide/varied/diverse bikes amongst our riders.
Welcome anytime - Just give me a buzz (Will PM you my number). I missed out on Aditya's invite as I had to attend to some domestic issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Shubz, 40 is hardly any age. I saw a 62 year old riding an R1 in Mumbai. Better to buy an RD rather. Or even an Enfield. 180 kgs weight of Enfield is nothing. I am only 5'6" and weigh 63 kgs and I ride/handle a 240 Kg bike with ease, repeat ease. I even heave it onto centre stand unassisted. Have no fear, go ahead.
I also wish to stumble upon a RD that I will not be able to refuse to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Shubz,

Like many have said here, there is no age limit set for biking. Its all in the head.

Yep! I know its in the head as I was able to adapt to the CBR250R and the RD350 with relative ease - Was able to confidently open up the throttle on both!

The other aspect you are concerned about - Weight. When in motion, you know very well that the weight factor is as good as negligible. You are in sync with the bike and will hardly be worried about that. When in slow motion, you just have to take some precautions and that applies to any bike.

Understood! Experienced it too! :-)

If Trimuph is coming sooner, I would have booked one if I were in your shoes. My next option would have been Ninja 650R. But you would have to wait for both sor some time for sure.

Auto Expo 2012 will definitely help me firm up my mind!

Good luck!

P.S - whatever bike you buy, invest in some quality riding gear. Pls include that in your budget as well.
No doubt about investing in quality riding gear! Bikes can be fixed but limbs may take longer to fix or rather may not be fixed and needn't talk more about life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Shubz,

A little more proding from my side - I am over a decade ahead of you in age. I ride close to 500 KMs (rides for the sake of ridding) every week even now.

Haroon had clarified what I wanted to say in my earlier reply, hope you saw that.

Hope to see a ownership thread soon

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Ram sir - You are one among the others I take inspiration from! Not missing anything from anybody out here!

Folks may want to push me more - I love that! But seems like these have kind of garnered my attention now.

KTM Duke 200, CBR250R, 2012 Ninja 250R. (The 200-250 class still not letting me off the hook) Doesn't mean this is the final list!
Old 12th December 2011, 21:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Shubz,

All I will tell you is that get a test ride of a Big Bore bike (600 cc plus multi cylinder) and then make your short list.

I am sure your list will be different.

Even if you have to wait couple of years (say on budjet or something), its better to go in for what you really like. The 250 ccs etc you will get tired of prestty fast as you get older.

Thanks and Best Regarrds & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 12th December 2011, 22:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Shubz,

All I will tell you is that get a test ride of a Big Bore bike (600 cc plus multi cylinder) and then make your short list.

I am sure your list will be different.

Ram
The big bores in the 600 cc range are the Ninja 650 and the Hyosung. And just to get a feel of it, would try TR's. Not sure if Ninja's are still available for TR's.

And yes, will try TR's of other big bores as well, provided they give out TR's.

If I were to put this off by another couple of years, not sure if I still will have the josh for this.

Auto Expo 2012 is what I am looking for to increase/modify this list! (Not bringing in budget considerations into picture as of now)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks