Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2011, 17:19   #1

New CHASSIS for Yamaha Rx-135

Hi Guys,

I 'posses' Yamaha Rx-135 for 11 years..I am facing problem of knocking in handling due to some issues with handle cone. I have already taken my bike to the known fabricator's (in Pune) to replace the cone-set but it gets loose eventually. The mechs suggested to replace the Chasis else the problem will persist.

I've been looking for a new chasis for a long time but haven't found one. I've been checking with Yamaha dealer MP Motors in Wakdewadi (Pune) since Feb. 2011 but no luck! Not even available with a shop at Tilak Road (Pune) which is known for Yamaha parts.

Can you guys suggest anything to get hold of a new Chasis? And what paper work would be required 'in case I get one' (hopefully). And how much it could cost me?

I'd appreciate your response!!

-Vineet
Old 10th December 2011, 00:11   #2
BHPian

Re: New CHASIS for Yamaha Rx-135

Hi Vineet,

Here in Bangalore the vehicle has to be inspected by the rto inspector, if found faulty will provide you permission to replace with new chassis. You buy the chassis later from the dealer or company directly and get the new chassis no. endorsed in the rc book. you could contact pacer motors in Bangalore for new chassis in case you don't get one in pune.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th December 2011 at 01:38. Reason: Please avoid quoting a long post specially when it on same page, thanks
twistwrist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 01:17   #3
BHPian

Hi Vineet

I own 13 year old RX135, last year (May 2010) I had changed to new chasis however not because of issue but to give a complete restoration and peace of mind for some more years. I still having the old chasis in my room.
I planned to restore the bike to new condition as there were many parts rusted, faded, etc. Frame required paint job. The cost for painting was quoted and felt better buy a new one. So I contacted my local YASS dealer and was told the same story that it is not easy to come. However, he was kind enough to take the order with some advance payment. He said would take even a month. Just over 2 weeks got a call from them that it has arrived. Then it was quoted around Rs.4200/- MRP. Was able to get some discount since I frequent for parts purchase from them.

Here is the catch you'll need to watch for. RX100 and RX135 share almost the same but there is difference. As you aware there is a powerbox in RX135 which sits on the frame below the tank. The frame has a small nail llike projection for the powerbox to hook up with rubber for noise reduction. And you'll need to watch out if present as RX100 frame will not have this. So when you happen to purchase please check out for this and as per the 2009 parts catalogs, both RX135 and RX100 share the same part number 4TLF11100100 - FRAME COMP. So there is a high chance of dealer to get confused or convince you.

If you were to take up the RX100 frame as you don't have much choice the box can be tied up with snap lock plastic fastener and that should do the job as well.

I guess there is Yamaha Factory Depot in Pune when I was search all over India.

Pune
Try giving a shot to Ph: 40079493 call Sunil Patel - YAMAHA FACTORY SHOP, PUNE

Mumbai

Yamaha Factory Shop
New #1087
New Link Road
Malad West
Mumbai -400064
Phone: 022-42102700, 022-42102701, 022-42102702
Mobile: 9967483355
Contact Person: Mr. Ajay Bari

To run the bike with new chasis we would need to secure the purchase bill. Need to visit RTO for the approval and substantiate the reason for plonking new one. With their approval we will need to go have the chasis number stamped. I'm not aware of other state RTO rules and would request to check with the local dealer/agents.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th December 2011 at 01:38. Reason: Please avoid quoting a long post specially when it on same page, thanks
SriramEfunds is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 14:27   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
Hi Vineet

I own 13 year old RX135, last year (May 2010) I had changed to new chasis however not because of issue but to give a complete restoration and peace of mind for some more years. I still having the old chasis in my room.
To run the bike with new chasis we would need to secure the purchase bill. Need to visit RTO for the approval and substantiate the reason for plonking new one. With their approval we will need to go have the chasis number stamped. I'm not aware of other state RTO rules and would request to check with the local dealer/agents.

Hope this helps!
Thanks guys! Specially, Sriram for a detailed response, it is definitely a huge help on the matter. I will check with concerned persons you've mentioned and I hope I'll get some good news.

However, another catch is that...I am yet to get a MH (Maharashtra) number for my bike which was registered in CG (Chhattisgarh). Though, I have the NOC and have already paid the taxes in MH for which I've the receipt but I am yet to get a MH number.

Do you suggest first getting the MH number registered and then later get the Chassis work done would be more feasible approach as far as paper work is concerned??

Thank you!
Old 10th December 2011, 17:43   #5
BHPian

Vineet - If you are not going to move out of MH for some years, would suggest you to go for MH regn. to avoid cops pulling you off the road.
SriramEfunds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 11:42   #6

Re: New CHASSIS for Yamaha Rx-135

Hi Sriram,

I contacted both Pune and Mumbai numbers...but they said the Chassis is no longer available for both Rx-100 & 135.

Sunil Patel in Pune even said that it's not available because goverment had put ban on the manufacturing of Chassis, Engine and block piston since the vehicle is no longer sold in the market. However, other parts can be manufactured! :(

Can you please help me with the contact number of you local dealer YASS?? Or can you check with him on my behalf and let me know the availability with him if I place
an order and pad an advance?

Thanks a ton for helping!!

-Vineet
Old 20th December 2011, 12:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

Vineet
There's no one else who can provide you authentic information than SriramEFunds, so that info is not only bang right, but also perfect & authentic outlet to buy; but, in the current market condition, YMIS has stopped shipping 100's & 135's frame for over 2 months & there's currently a demand in place for the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallydreams View Post
Can you please help me...and pad an advance?
Its the same case prevailing entire TN. The only option left to you is now to keep hunting for the frame wherever it is available; reason being few people might've old stock & if you're lucky enough you can get hold of it.

If you decide to buy in black market without a bill, please refrain for the very reason that the frame number has to be punched & RTO inspector easily can recognize it & will put you into trouble & might suspect you for even stealing the frame number or may be even the vehicle. Some of the people who carry out punching the frame number would also reject punching outright without genuine bill on account of stolen vehicle. If you've a genuine bill (not cash memo kind of stuff), then things become very easy to punch the frame + show the proof to the RTO inspector incase the vehicle needs to be produced for FC etc.

Last edited by aargee : 20th December 2011 at 12:35.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 05:54   #8
BHPian

Vineet - Thanks for the current update. Hmm.. what I can do is, try with few known contacts to see if there is any possibility to procure a piece if someold stock still left. It might take couple of days time so will update you. I'll PM you my number so that you can remind me just in case.
Old 21st December 2011, 15:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[B
Mumbai[/b]

Yamaha Factory Shop
New #1087
New Link Road
Malad West
Mumbai -400064
Phone: 022-42102700, 022-42102701, 022-42102702
Mobile: 9967483355
Contact Person: Mr. Ajay Bari

Hope this helps!
+1 ^^
Absolutely true.... Place an order to the mumbai factory shop.. keep patience.. you will get a new chassis... and follow the RTO rules its not that hard as it seems.
Old 21st December 2011, 15:55   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Vineet

If you decide to buy in black market without a bill, please refrain for the very reason that the frame number has to be punched & RTO inspector easily can recognize it & will put you into trouble & might suspect you for even stealing the frame number or may be even the vehicle. Some of the people who carry out punching the frame number would also reject punching outright without genuine bill on account of stolen vehicle. If you've a genuine bill (not cash memo kind of stuff), then things become very easy to punch the frame + show the proof to the RTO inspector incase the vehicle needs to be produced for FC etc.
+1 here too..

The money spent officially on the RTO rules of punching is far better than doing all other thing. Stick to genuine parts and rules and you wont fall into any trouble. Do not go by other forums or posts regarding any illegal work. These guys Argee and Sriram) who wrote above are genuinely guiding you in proper manner.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 02:00   #11
BHPian

Update:- Kottayam dealer has RX100 chasis and priced at 4k+ approx. As I said ealier, you can buy the chasis and follow the process as I had stated above.

S G MOTORS
M/S S G MOTORS;K K ROAD;PARAYIL BUILDINGS;KALATHIPADI;KOTTAYAM-686010;KERALA
Phone: 0481-2577185/ 2577195/ 09447052267

Hope it helps!

Last edited by SriramEfunds : 30th December 2011 at 02:01.
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:20   #12

Hi Sriram,

A very Happy New Year!

Thanks a lot for your help! I tried calling on the given numbers but the landline was on constant engagetone and the cell number was of someone else. Could you please confirm the numbers again?

I really appreciate your assistance!

Regards,
Vineet
Old 7th January 2012, 04:52   #13
BHPian

Happy New Year Vineet. I'm sorry got slightly drifted to my RX100 rebuild these days. Also, with regards to the Kottayam phone numbers, will need to check with KL members for the latest. The one provided above was from the Yamaha website, wonder why they have not updated the latest information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks