Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 16:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R and parts issues

My ordeal is finally over!

Radiator has arrived, other parts were with dealer except for some small parts - all have been sourced now. Survey has been done by insurance agency and bike has been fixed up.

I will be going for an inspection tomorrow and hopefully pay off and get the bike.

Old 27th January 2012, 19:06   #32
BHPian

Great to hear that naveen roy. Mine has just begun. Parts of my bike have began to rust. Paint peeling on the RVM and engine block. The parts are un available ie the disks front and rear roters and mirror. I'll upload pics soon. But my question is, will i be covered under warranty or will i have to pay. Even if i do pay, will it be worth. What if the same happens again. Need advice. Please help.
Old 27th January 2012, 19:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS View Post
Great to hear that naveen roy. Mine has just begun. Parts of my bike have began to rust. Paint peeling on the RVM and engine block. The parts are un available ie the disks front and rear roters and mirror. I'll upload pics soon. But my question is, will i be covered under warranty or will i have to pay. Even if i do pay, will it be worth. What if the same happens again. Need advice. Please help.
Sorry but wasn't quite able to follow. Are you referring to some other post where you've mentioned exactly what had happened? Was it an accident or something that has otherwise happened to the CBR?

Do elaborate or point to the other topic, will try and help. There are many other people willing to really help in any way possible. Let this be the thread for all CBR parts issues.

We'll finally take a printout of all these issues and send em to the top boss of Honda
Old 27th January 2012, 21:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
My ordeal is finally over!

Radiator has arrived, other parts were with dealer except for some small parts - all have been sourced now. Survey has been done by insurance agency and bike has been fixed up.

I will be going for an inspection tomorrow and hopefully pay off and get the bike.

Good to hear this Naveen. Also do put the cost details for the repairs. See you soon on the weekend rides.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 21:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Good to hear this Naveen. Also do put the cost details for the repairs. See you soon on the weekend rides.
Thanks rk_sans!

Will put up details as I get my hands on some hard copies. Weekend rides, here I come!
Old 29th January 2012, 13:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy

Sorry but wasn't quite able to follow. Are you referring to some other post where you've mentioned exactly what had happened? Was it an accident or something that has otherwise happened to the CBR?

Do elaborate or point to the other topic, will try and help. There are many other people willing to really help in any way possible. Let this be the thread for all CBR parts issues.

We'll finally take a printout of all these issues and send em to the top boss of Honda
Thanks naveen Roy for your response. The world could use more people like you. No my CBR has not had any accidents till now, touch wood. But bits on the bike are rushing and paint peeling off. I've attached photos for your views on what i can do.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120129_134441.png
Views: 1936
Size:  656.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120129_134525.png
Views: 1075
Size:  800.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120129_134619.png
Views: 1092
Size:  797.1 KB
Old 30th January 2012, 15:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But bits on the bike are rushing and paint peeling off. I've attached photos for your views on what i can do.
This is definitely quality issues. Was your bike from the first lot of bikes from Honda ? Do report this to honda and i am sure they would replace it under warranty.
Old 30th January 2012, 16:11   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans
This is definitely quality issues. Was your bike from the first lot of bikes from Honda ? Do report this to honda and i am sure they would replace it under warranty.
That's right, i bet it was the 1st lot. I did inform my dealer but they said the parts are not available. And no mention of the fact about warranty. Also do you mean to say that the newer bikes don't have this issues?.
Old 30th January 2012, 16:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

And I am a happy man today! Got the bike from Saphire - all work completed. And while I was there, I also got the replacement-under-warranty parts all fitted for the bike. Some nuts and bolts and the grab-rails were all replaced.

Was damn joyous to see a spanking new radiator fitted on the bike. Right side fairing was replaced along with the coolant tubes etc. Rest were all small stuff. Glad to get my baby back.

My Thunderbird, which I cursed so much has been a real life-saver in all these days when the CBR was out. No problems, no break-downs.

Now, for that long ride. Manager - give me leave!!!

Quote:
That's right, i bet it was the 1st lot. I did inform my dealer but they said the parts are not available. And no mention of the fact about warranty. Also do you mean to say that the newer bikes don't have this issues?.
Yes, this is definitely something that was only in the first batch of bikes. I know it is damn frustrating but hang in there, push your dealer to get these all replaced under warranty.

Just a question though - how much has the bike run and when was it purchased?
Old 31st January 2012, 11:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, newer bikes are good in quality. Follow up with the dealer, Honda is listening to the customers now. You can also write up to their customer care from their website.
Old 31st January 2012, 11:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks rk_sans!

Will put up details as I get my hands on some hard copies. Weekend rides, here I come!
Naveen,
Good to see your bike back to road again. Hope to ride with you again. Felt that HMSI could have done a better job by getting in the spares a tad earlier. Was it a good 50 days spent in the garage awaiting spares?
Old 31st January 2012, 16:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Felt that HMSI could have done a better job by getting in the spares a tad earlier. Was it a good 50 days spent in the garage awaiting spares?
Its very difficult to understand the way Honda are working. There was one other guy who had a crash but his bike was ready in 7 days appx i think.
Old 31st January 2012, 17:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its very difficult to understand the way Honda are working. There was one other guy who had a crash but his bike was ready in 7 days appx i think.
But maybe that is because he has not crashed some very important parts - like radiator, fork assembly, engine etc? Because aargee also mentioned that a friend of his has been waiting for more than 2 months now for the radiator.

Honda seriously needs to listen and respond. But I have it on first-hand knowledge that atleast 2 more radiators have arrived in Bangalore and are with dealers. Hopefully this parts issue disappears soon. I don't want to be scared every time I take the bike for a long ride. Fingers, legs, heart crossed.
Old 1st February 2012, 10:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, newer bikes are good in quality. Follow up with the dealer, Honda is listening to the customers now. You can also write up to their customer care from their website.
Quote:

Yes, this is definitely something that was only in the first batch of bikes.

New bike meaning, if I buy now?
How do I ensure I dont get a bike from first batch?

I am planning to buy CBR 250R some time next month. So just want to ensure I am at the safer end.
Old 1st February 2012, 10:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinfine View Post
New bike meaning, if I buy now?
How do I ensure I dont get a bike from first batch?

I am planning to buy CBR 250R some time next month. So just want to ensure I am at the safer end.
Yes, the newer ones obviously are the newer batches

I don't think you can get one of the first ones still - they must've been all sold to someone or the other.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks