Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2006, 16:19   #1
BHPian

Chroming my tank ..

hey guys i have a CBZ .. im lookin 2 chrome my tank.. not the entire tank but a centain portion and also the pillion handle + the metal part where the foot rest fits onto..
ne idea where i can get it done and what the damage will be like??

~cheers
-Ash
Old 17th March 2006, 23:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey there is a place in scruz vakola shivaji nagar where people these jobs not for bikes but definatly they do chroming and all and they have done for few bikes so you can try your luck
Old 18th March 2006, 00:45   #3
BHPian

thnx dude.. do u happen to know the shop name.. or the guy who does it?? a phone number if possible..thnx

~cheers
-Ash
Old 18th March 2006, 02:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
hey guys i have a CBZ .. im lookin 2 chrome my tank.. not the entire tank but a centain portion and also the pillion handle + the metal part where the foot rest fits onto..
ne idea where i can get it done and what the damage will be like??

~cheers
-Ash
Hey ash,
Another thing, while getting the chroming done, I got swindled once. It seems chroming can be done in two types, one method is plain buffing and the other method is dipping the portion in a chemical and then buffed.
i got my kinetic clutch cover chromed and it faded in just three months, but when i got it done the second time by a person my friend knows, it is still shiny even till today, oh anyways i sold my kine, but saw it . don't do the same mistake, enquire and then get it done.
Old 20th March 2006, 15:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey see i know one guy there he works for kirti industry
he use stay near by to my place so he has done some that type of work for me so you can go and speak to him his name is Deepak
kirti industry
Old 21st March 2006, 13:21   #6
BHPian

hey thnx for the adivce.. ive seen ppl gettin duped .. as in gettin it buffed instead of chroming..thnx though
~
cheers
-Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarshbr
Hey ash,
Another thing, while getting the chroming done, I got swindled once. It seems chroming can be done in two types, one method is plain buffing and the other method is dipping the portion in a chemical and then buffed.
i got my kinetic clutch cover chromed and it faded in just three months, but when i got it done the second time by a person my friend knows, it is still shiny even till today, oh anyways i sold my kine, but saw it . don't do the same mistake, enquire and then get it done.

Most Viewed