Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:52   #376

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (11,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

Hi Mobike008!
I'm hoping your'e not abandoning your RD due to lack of performance.If it's still in good condition and up for sale please let me know.
Old 7th November 2014, 23:47   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam planning to letting go of my RD box due to personal reasons

Hmmm. This never happened to me. The throttle feel was slick and smooth when it was new and 3 years down the line now

If your not particular about the mileage then classic 500 is the way to go. The pleasure of riding this bike is unbeatable

But, please be prepared for some horrible mileage. My C500 never gave me above 22-23kmpl and worst was 18kmpl in a few instances

Deccan Marauders was formed by me initially when I bought the bullet and we did quite a few rides and even had some press coverage but, the plot got lost somewhere due to my busy activity at work and no back-up to keep the group going

Now iam making the Triumph flag fly high and mighty

Thanks mobike008 for your valuable advise. Sorry I was busy since the last few days and hence could not reply back. After going through a long thought process I abandoned the used CL500 and went for a new CL350 Black One. Just got it today. Still to get over the looks to ride it for a relatively long trip (P.S. I had Lasik a few days back so resting . Looking forward to riding the bullet and enjoying it. I feel proud to become a part of the Bullet community finally.

Not to hijack this thread but I have small question. I don't like crappy heel and toe shifter (I am mostly habituated to shifting with only my toes). Is there is a possibility to swap the heel & toe shifter with the "toe shifter" from the Bullet Cafe Racer? If so, it would be great! Also, guys please suggest any other options or places to get a toe shifter in Hyderabad for the Bullet CL350.

Thanks in advance!!!!
blueknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 22:12   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknight View Post

Not to hijack this thread but I have small question. I don't like crappy heel and toe shifter (I am mostly habituated to shifting with only my toes). Is there is a possibility to swap the heel & toe shifter with the "toe shifter" from the Bullet Cafe Racer? If so, it would be great! Also, guys please suggest any other options or places to get a toe shifter in Hyderabad for the Bullet CL350.

Thanks in advance!!!!
The shifter mechanism of Conti GT won't suit you as the shifter is not directly mounted on the gear shaft. It is mounted further back and is connected to the gear shaft using linkages. The heel and toe shifters are useful when you are using formal shoes. If you loath them that much, then you can try to get the shifter pedal of export models (battle green) which has only the toe shifter or you can take the easy way of cutting off the heel portion of your motorcycle's shifter and grinding it smooth at a local machine shop.
regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 9th November 2014 at 22:19. Reason: typo
adrian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 03:06   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
The shifter mechanism of Conti GT won't suit you as the shifter is not directly mounted on the gear shaft. It is mounted further back and is connected to the gear shaft using linkages. The heel and toe shifters are useful when you are using formal shoes. If you loath them that much, then you can try to get the shifter pedal of export models (battle green) which has only the toe shifter or you can take the easy way of cutting off the heel portion of your motorcycle's shifter and grinding it smooth at a local machine shop.
regards adrian
Thanks for the valuable input regarding the Conti GT gear shifter. I completely agree with you on the formal shoe argument . I had spoiled many of my expensive leather shoes on my other bikes which had only the toe shifter.

I am averse to cutting of the heel portion of the shifter. I would rather find out about the shifter pedal for the export models.

If any of you have an idea regarding the availability (from where it can bought either in Delhi or Hyd) shifter pedal of the battle green RE, please do let me know.
Old 10th November 2014, 16:13   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the valuable input regarding the Conti GT gear shifter. I completely agree with you on the formal shoe argument . I had spoiled many of my expensive leather shoes on my other bikes which had only the toe shifter.

I am averse to cutting of the heel portion of the shifter. I would rather find out about the shifter pedal for the export models.

If any of you have an idea regarding the availability (from where it can bought either in Delhi or Hyd) shifter pedal of the battle green RE, please do let me know.
Here is a link
http://royalmotorcycle.com/products.php
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-shifter.jpg
regards adrian
Old 10th November 2014, 16:23   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mobike008 for your valuable advise. Sorry I was busy since the last few days and hence could not reply back. After going through a long thought process I abandoned the used CL500 and went for a new CL350 Black One. Just got it today.
Congratulations on Classic 350. I think it's a wise choice if you are using it as a daily commute keeping the fuel average in mind

Do join up the most popular bullet fraternity in the country which belongs to Hyderabad. This group is known as "Wanderers" and you can take my reference with the group leader/moderator who's name is Lalit Jain

Quote:
Not to hijack this thread but I have small question. I don't like crappy heel and toe shifter (I am mostly habituated to shifting with only my toes). Is there is a possibility to swap the heel & toe shifter with the "toe shifter" from the Bullet Cafe Racer?
Adrian has adequately addressed your query. I also agree with him that toe-heel shifter is best for comfort and also faster gear shifts
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 17:24   #382
BHPian

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

Thanks mobike008. Will surely join the "Wanderers". I am here till the 16th and will off to Gurgaon till the next 2 months. Will get in touch with them once back to Hyderabad. Thank you very much for the reference.

I agree with both you and Adrian regarding the heel and toe shifter for the CL350. I've become more comfortable with it after using the bike for only 2 days. As of now the toe-shifter plans are on hold!
Old 12th January 2015, 10:19   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

Note : I have to regretfully share the news that my "Maroon Marauder" is SOLD

It's going into a family friend's home and hoping will be taken care of similar to how I took care of it

Buying & Owning the Classic 500 has been nostalgic and truly pleasurable with almost nil issues which was against what I had initially anticipated when I bought the bullet

If someone asks me, Will I buy a Bullet again if given a chance. My "thumping" response would be a YES

Thank you all for being part of this mindblowing ownership journey and sharing your love and comments

CLOSING THREAD !!!
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks