Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 10:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (9500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Custom cost as below

Maroon Paint : Rs.700
Stickering : Rs.200
White Lacquer Coat Paint on Top : Rs. 250

Above cost is apart from the cost of helmet
Brilliant helmet man... Impressive job with the customisation! I hope stop daydreaming about REs and actually own one some day. :sigh:.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 15:17   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Amazing pics Mobike.scrolled up and down multiple times but still can't get enough of this beauty! wife had "OH-NOT-ANOTHER-ROYAL ENFIELD-THREAD-ON-TBHP" look wen she saw my tongue stuck out !!! Rated a very well deserved 5 stars!
Welcome to the club. Even I cannot get enough of this beauty. I make a trip to the corner of my apartment to glance at it once before heading out to work and repeat same when I return back from work

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Great pics
The helmet-though it looks cool,i would recommend a full face one for complete safety.
Full face helmet is on the cards. But, the amount of riding I do ( < 500kms/Month). Will take a call on it later

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Brilliant helmet man... Impressive job with the customisation! I hope stop daydreaming about REs and actually own one some day. :sigh:.
It was a painstaking process to get the accurate color. Further to that work with stickering guy to get the right shade of chrome sticker. Initially he showed a jazzy one with some square prints in it which i instantly rejected. And, he sourced the current one after a day of hunting.

The final clear coat did the trick. It has come out so good that even I am left mesmerized
Old 10th January 2012, 16:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Avi! I was always wondering where is the relation to your handle and your interest - Until this thread came up bang out of nowhere!!!

Bike looks amazing and to top it, the helmet looks jaw dropping with that perfect sheen, color matched maroon and that wonderful RE insignia at the back! Very good write up and awesome pics to boot as well. I dont think you will stop at <500kms a month after you get a hang of the beauty.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 11:51   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats Avi! I was always wondering where is the relation to your handle and your interest - Until this thread came up bang out of nowhere!!!
Oh! I have been a biker all my life and can handle a bike with equal aplomb as a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Bike looks amazing and to top it, the helmet looks jaw dropping with that perfect sheen, color matched maroon and that wonderful RE insignia at the back! Very good write up and awesome pics to boot as well. I dont think you will stop at <500kms a month after you get a hang of the beauty.
Thanks! The sheen (especially in sunlight) of the chrome is indeed a fantastic portion of the bike and gives it that character and sets it so apart from rest of its brothers from the same stable

About riding more than 500kms, It's not that i wouldnt want to but, I simply dont have the time or bandwidth to ride all my rides as follows :-

1. Chevrolet Cruze
2. Hyundai i10
3. Bajaj Pulsar 150cc
4. R.E Classic 500cc

And, I am the lone user of all above 4 rides. So you can imagine my bandwidth
Old 11th January 2012, 12:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:
And, I am the lone user of all above 4 rides. So you can imagine my bandwidth
Avi Bhai, if you want, I can help you with the Bandwidth issue. I can ride your Classic 500 for 5 days a week and you can use it during the weekends. This way, I might solve 25% of your bandwidth issues. Added to that, I can also bless your Cruze by driving it on weekends. This way, they would be used to the optimum level possible. I have no issues and expect the same from your side
Old 11th January 2012, 12:17   #51
BHPian

Avi: The bike surely suits your personality. More than the bike, you look macho on it. The helmets are a Killer. Get a Trademark done for it before it becomes too common.

I suggest you get a good leather jacket in that shade with nice Brown Leather Boots. Tom Cruise would run for cover.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 15:56   #52
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great review by a great guy of a great bike. Congrats Avi!!

I wish you many kms of safe riding. Your Classic 500 looks smokin' hot. I'm hopeful of buying a motorcycle myself sometime soon

Please be sure of always riding with the helmet + riding gear.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 17:41   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Avi Bhai, if you want, I can help you with the Bandwidth issue. I can ride your Classic 500 for 5 days a week and you can use it during the weekends. This way, I might solve 25% of your bandwidth issues. Added to that, I can also bless your Cruze by driving it on weekends. This way, they would be used to the optimum level possible. I have no issues and expect the same from your side
LOL Nikhil ! I can always do "without" such help as I am fiercely protective of all my rides. Till date except for a short ride, none of my rides have been loaned out.

But, thanks for offering anyways will think about it in my next birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Avi: The bike surely suits your personality. More than the bike, you look macho on it. The helmets are a Killer. Get a Trademark done for it before it becomes too common.

I suggest you get a good leather jacket in that shade with nice Brown Leather Boots. Tom Cruise would run for cover.
Thanks Gaurav. I need to lose 15kgs and MI-5 will be made with me instead. Look out for it

Jokes apart. Will add the right accessories slowly but surely as Maroon Marauder is going to be with me for LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great review by a great guy of a great bike. Congrats Avi!!
Appreciate your compliment Rush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I wish you many kms of safe riding. Your Classic 500 looks smokin' hot. I'm hopeful of buying a motorcycle myself sometime soon
Thank you ! Please do buy a motorcycle, it's an amazing and different thrill. Perhaps, when you add a motorcyle to your garage. I will be ready to add a Jeep to mine
Old 12th January 2012, 18:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Introduction

Dec 19th, 2011 : My first visit to dealership for a casual test/joy ride
Dec 22th, 2011 : DP and loan process completed.
Dec 23, 2011 : Dealer calls me and mentions bike is ready for delivery
Dec 26th, 2011 : Took delivery of "Maroon Marauder"

Attachment 864041
Hmmm! Bike on loan...interesting concept. Never thought of buying a bike on loan. But, I've ben EMI free for sometime so just giving it thought. Somehow, coughing up close to 1.7 lacs at one shot on a bike looks rather daunting (even if you can). Want to share loan details? PM me if you feel uncomfortable discussing publicly.
Old 12th January 2012, 21:48   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hmmm! Bike on loan...interesting concept. Never thought of buying a bike on loan. But, I've ben EMI free for sometime so just giving it thought. Somehow, coughing up close to 1.7 lacs at one shot on a bike looks rather daunting (even if you can). Want to share loan details? PM me if you feel uncomfortable discussing publicly.
Paying cash and buying the bullet was easily possible. But, I learnt from experience when loan facility is available, why disturb your savings and pay cash?

An interesting fact, My pulsar was also on loan for 3 years which got completed in June-2008 and due to my laidback attitude on these proceedings, it struck me last month that I need to change the RC to my name ( Bank hypothecation has to be removed from RC card)

Will send you a PM with Bullet purchase details shortly.
Old 12th January 2012, 22:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Avinash, (hope i got your name right)
Congrats on the 500, beautiful pics and am loving the fact that you have a Cruze as well as a 500 as they both have a "THUMP" of different kind
The thrill of riding a motorcycle, early morning rides on the highways with chilled air gushing through the helmet, getting soaked when in rain, ahh i can never get enough of it.

Any other bike you really wanted to buy or was 500 the only choice?

Please do consider a good full face helmet, it really saved you in an unfortunate event, the half face ones are just show piece to save you from a ticket, the running may be less but god forbid accidents can happen anywhere so its our duty to be prepared for it.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 12th January 2012 at 22:50.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 22:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Paying cash and buying the bullet was easily possible. But, I learnt from experience when loan facility is available, why disturb your savings and pay cash?

An interesting fact, My pulsar was also on loan for 3 years which got completed in June-2008 and due to my laidback attitude on these proceedings, it struck me last month that I need to change the RC to my name ( Bank hypothecation has to be removed from RC card)

Will send you a PM with Bullet purchase details shortly.
Exactly my thoughts. I can buy one too but paying one shot 1.7 lacs when you can do so much with it just doesn't go down well with me. If it were for a car, then I would have done it easily. Congrats on a great bike man. Looks cracker. Somehow, contrary to popular choice, I don't like the standard classics. They look so retro, that I can't make out if it a modern bike done in retro style, or simply an old bike.

I've hardly been a biker for the past few years. For close to 3 years, I didn't even ride a bike. Also being a pukka Dilliwala, I have somewhat of a preference towards cars. Down south, people love bikes. Don't know if it is the fact that they are cheaper to run or simply personal preference.

Whatever! I've been bitten by the bike bug again and I am planning to get rid of my 'puny' Avenger soon. I can't afford Harley and don't like anything in between. So, it'll be either CBR250R or an RE. Waiting for the PM.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 12th January 2012 at 23:01.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 10:21   #58
Senior - BHPian

hey avi congrats man.Love the helmet work done, brilliant is an understatement.

OT : Wonder why is that you havent made an attempt to smile in a single picture with the RE. You seem to have taken a liking for tbhp's Usher a.k.a samurai .
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 10:38   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL!! Pandeyji, I am also on the same boat!!
I also bought my Gladiator in June 2006 on 3 yr loan. Pre paid the loan in full and received the NOC from ICICI bank and it's still lying with me for all these years and I haven't done anything to remove the hypothecation yet

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 13th January 2012 at 10:41.
Old 13th January 2012, 11:54   #60
BHPian

What a BRILLIANT write up, nurtures every single emotion in the ownership of the beast.
The chrome is such a "drooool" and to complement that, the helmet
Congratulations on owning your dream, alas !

PS : This is the fastest bullet delivery i have ever come across

Quote:

Without trying to offend TBTS owners, I was never a fan of of that harley style handle and overall sitting posture. I feel it suits only a Harley Davidson and not a Avenger, Enticer, Eliminator or for that matter even a Bullet. I am not sure how many will agree with me but, a black TBTS looks no different than an Avenger.
Second you on that.
Even i am of the opinion that its either a classic or its none !
seedyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks