Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 15:35   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (9500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Avi bhai, just read the post above.
The electric start works even if the bikes is in gear and clutch is pressed.
So if you stall on road and traffic builds up, just press the clutch and push the electric start button and you are good to go, provided the battery's not gone bad .
Yes. I did realize that later on. I was trying to start with clutch half-pressed. To get the bike started, clutch has to be fully depressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Thanks mobike008, I did post on the same thread and am interested to join you all with my bullet.
Great. btw, its car drive meet. So why dont you get your scorpio this time. We can have a ride meet later in Feb-2012.

If no, then you can still join on your bullet while all others will be in cars. It's your call
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:05   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Today morning, Maroon Marauder was handed over to Kayjee Engineering for its 1st service with 550kms on its odo and they were sweet to accept the bike even if I went in quite late to drop the bike off for service

Following complaints were reported :-

1. At 60kmph, there is a higher than normal vibration

2. When I turn the handle right, there is a slight tightness to the handle and this happens once in a while and not all the time

3. When the bike goes over a hump, there is a slight "clink' sound from under my seat which I assume is of the spring or the shock absorber. SA mentioned it could be chain which will be tightened.

4. They will order for a BRAND NEW silencer and replace my existing one due to the problem highlighted here a few weeks ago. It will not be done in this service but, in a week from now

Expected Bill : Rs. 785 ( including 3L Oil replacement)

We started a new biking group and here is our first feature in WOW MAGAZINE in Feb-2012 issue where I was featured.

Next time, we will work towards a better publicity/write-up with a picture included.
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img13492.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2012, 20:33   #93
BHPian

Avi, Bullet is one of the most iconic bikes in Indian market. I must say this bike is a stonker and a great addition to your fleet. Enjoy many more thumping miles in your bullet. Im always a staunch believer of retaining the bike in the original condition and enjoy your ride.
sparsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 12:31   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Avi, Bullet is one of the most iconic bikes in Indian market. I must say this bike is a stonker and a great addition to your fleet. Enjoy many more thumping miles in your bullet. Im always a staunch believer of retaining the bike in the original condition and enjoy your ride.
Thanks Karthik. This bike will NEVER be sold. I am smitten for LIFE

1st Service Update :

Received the bike promptly on time at 6pm and it was thoroughly washed, greased and shined.

Spent < 10 minutes to pay the Rs.785 bill and didnt take a test ride even though they insisted telling them that I'll come back if anything is wrong as my home isnt too far.

Checked with Mr.Purshuttom who is a senior mechanic and he said I can rip the bike till 80kmph-90kmph now and recommended not to go further than that

Started the bike and decided to take the necklace route back home

This was not my bike. They gave me someone else's bike

----> Engine was puttering nicely no high idling

-----> Throttle had become ultra smooth. When it was new it was tight

-----> Handle bar became extremely smooth and can turn them clockwise and anti-clockwise easily. Previously there was a bit of tightness to the handle

----> A light twist of the throttle, it leaps forward like an angry bull. Took it up to 80kmph and it was wonderful at those speeds. No vibration which i experienced at 60kmph.

Overall, I am satisfied with the 1st service and look forward to a long ride now so I can open the throttle without feeling guilty

P.S:- I finally got the registration number of the bike after a lot of running around. Keep watching this space for its story and number
Old 5th February 2012, 13:02   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Yes! Thats my helmet and bike. Custom cost as below

Maroon Paint : Rs.700
Stickering : Rs.200
White Lacquer Coat Paint on Top : Rs. 250

Above cost is apart from the cost of helmet
Can you please explain how did you get the customisation in helmet ? i mean you did it yourself ? if yes then what materials you had to obtain ? I have booked my bull and so planning to have a customised helmet like yours
Old 5th February 2012, 22:05   #96
BHPian

Quote:
We started a new biking group and here is our first feature in WOW MAGAZINE in Feb-2012 issue where I was featured.

Next time, we will work towards a better publicity/write-up with a picture included.
If it it a biking group, change the "driving" in the ad to "riding". The two are quite different.

Last edited by Rollin' Thunda : 5th February 2012 at 22:06.
Old 6th February 2012, 12:33   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
Can you please explain how did you get the customisation in helmet ? i mean you did it yourself ? if yes then what materials you had to obtain ? I have booked my bull and so planning to have a customised helmet like yours
Here are the steps outlined again

1. Get a helmet which you like, irrespective of the color

2. Find a good artisan who can paint the helmet. Make sure you insert loads of paper inside the helmet so paint doesnt seep in

3. Once paint is completed, let it dry for a day and then get it stickered

4. After stickering is completed, go back to painter and apply a single coat of lacquer paint to give it that gloss

It took almost 2 weeks to get this work completed. But, it sure is worth it? Dont you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
If it it a biking group, change the "driving" in the ad to "riding". The two are quite different.
Sure, I noticed that too. It's a typo by journalist and it can't be undone as it's a print article
Old 10th February 2012, 17:11   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

500cc Bull runs ever smoothly and there is not much update except that after a bit of running around ( despite having an agent) finally got a number that was 3rd in my preference list

My BULL with a number that suits her. Dont you think?
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img2012020600817.jpg  

Old 17th February 2012, 21:48   #99
BHPian

Just gone through your entire post and by the looks of it, I shall now spend this weekend thinking of how I'm going to get myself one of these babies.

Love the chrome and I think mine will be black to match my other set of wheels

Have had the notion of buying a 500 for awhile, your post is the perfect kick-up-the-backside I needed to make sure I head to the showroom.

Cheers and safe riding.
Old 18th February 2012, 04:37   #100
BHPian

superb ! how much that number cost u ?
Old 18th February 2012, 06:30   #101
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. Being a BULLET Owner myself, Standard 350 99 Model, happy to see ROYAL ENFIELD make such giant strides. I've heard a lot of stories on how older BULLETS are better and that new ones are not really BULLETS etc. but I feel that the bike has evolved really well and is right now at the peak of it's life cycle.
Old 18th February 2012, 10:53   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
Love the chrome and I think mine will be black to match my other set of wheels

Have had the notion of buying a 500 for awhile, your post is the perfect kick-up-the-backside I needed to make sure I head to the showroom.
Thanks. Black and Chrome also is good but, compared to Maroon it kind of pales. I would rather go for regular black classic if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
superb ! how much that number cost u ?
Rs. 2000 for Number Booking
Rs. 500 for RTA Fees
Rs. 500 for Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. Being a BULLET Owner myself, Standard 350 99 Model, happy to see ROYAL ENFIELD make such giant strides. I've heard a lot of stories on how older BULLETS are better and that new ones are not really BULLETS etc. but I feel that the bike has evolved really well and is right now at the peak of it's life cycle.
Thanks. I do hear a lot of people talking about this subject as to how Cast Iron bullets were so much better. Having ridden a few of them, I can say the feeling, exhiliration and overall kick is exactly same even in newer bullets except for the relatively accurate or louder THUMP that you get from CI bullets

All said and done. Owning and Riding a bullet is a religion of its own
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:45   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes! Thats my helmet and bike. Custom cost as below
Hi Mr. avinash, may i know which is the helmet make and model you have modified. it looks nice
I also thought of getting my helmet done this way but Desert storm color is not available so have to settle with just putting a RE sticker
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:07   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Hi Mr. avinash, may i know which is the helmet make and model you have modified. it looks nice
I also thought of getting my helmet done this way but Desert storm color is not available so have to settle with just putting a RE sticker
You can take any helmet you like. The lesser the bumps on it, the better. We purchased one off the shelf with an ISI Mark. We were not interested in buying a branded one. We wanted something that looks good. The bottom line is, get a helmet with an even surface. We purchased an Aaron Helmet and got it customized.

Aaron Helmets The third helmet in the second row is the one we purchased and then got it customized.

Customizing:
1. Clean the helmet and scrape off the original paint
2. 2 Coats of required paint
3. RE Insignia & Stickering
4. 2 coats of Laquer/Clear
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 16:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
1. Clean the helmet and scrape off the original paint
2. 2 Coats of required paint
3. RE Insignia & Stickering
4. 2 coats of Laquer/Clear
Thanks. I have given my helmet for desert storm paint and will stick the RE sticker then, can anyone help me procure original RE "canon" sticker
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks