Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 17:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Looks are pretty dated for this ride. For 1.1 / 1.2L I am not sure if people would go for this one.
Lacks the WOW factor for a twin cylinder 250 CC bike.
If ZMR has takers at 1.12L on road, I am sure some people would jump at this at 1.2L (ex-showroom even)
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
If ZMR has takers at 1.12L on road, I am sure some people would jump at this at 1.2L (ex-showroom even)
But whats up with the plain-jane commuter looks? Compared to other rides in the same price bracket this looks seriously out of league.

The actual prowess would be revealed only in a road test. Lets wait for this to come in hands of an able reviewer.
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

What's wrong in commuter looks? Not everyone wants to sit with their bum pointing south! I think looks can be judged in person, and not in photos. As per the reviews, its road presence is good, and is sometimes confused for higher capacity bikes. So I think it would be imposing on road. GS150 too looks pretty ordinary in pics, but on road, it stands out.

I am sure you have seen these pictures:

Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!-hondacbr250rkawasakininja300.jpg

Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!-honda_cbr250r_kawasaki_ninja_300_suzuki_250_inazuma_.jpg

From: http://www.bikescatalog.com/comparat...-licenses.html

To my untrained eyes, it looks muscular and raw as compared to chiseled full fairing bikes. Some prefer such looks.

Besides, what is other alternative for someone who wants a smooth bike with neutral seating position, good power, comfortable pillion seat, with fill it - shut it - forget it reliability?

Bullet: Good bike for pillion but vibrations galore and can't be termed as 'reliable' as compared to Japs (many threads here are like help forums of softwares! People reporting bugs and experts replying: "Change this and try, tighten that and see" etc.)
CBR/Ninja - sporty riding position with not much useful pillion space.
Duke - pillion space is to be used for punishing one

Many people find the bike best suited for their utility from the above list (and Pulsars, but they are not in my consideration), and buy whichever suits them best. But non of the above suit my utility stated above. Therefore, quite a few people (myself included) are waiting eagerly for Inazuma.

Last edited by ani_meher : 22nd May 2013 at 15:17.
ani_meher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Besides, what is other alternative for someone who wants a smooth bike with neutral seating position, good power, comfortable pillion seat, with fill it - shut it - forget it reliability?

Bullet: Good bike for pillion but vibrations galore and can't be termed as 'reliable' as compared to Japs (many threads here are like help forums of softwares! People reporting bugs and experts replying: "Change this and try, tighten that and see" etc.)
CBR/Ninja - sporty riding position with not much useful pillion space.
Duke - pillion space is to be used for punishing one

Many people find the bike best suited for their utility from the above list (and Pulsars, but they are not in my consideration), and buy whichever suits them best. But non of the above suit my utility stated above. Therefore, quite a few people (myself included) are waiting eagerly for Inazuma.
I agree with your points. Pulsar 200 NS, Duke Honda 150 & 250, Ninja 250 & 300 are best suited for single rider. None of them offer pillion comfort and best suited for younger generation. Inazuma may not look like Katrina Kaif. But scores on other Parameters. Build Quality, Reliability and supreme comfort for rider and pillion. My GS 150 has clocked 90,000 KMS with a daily driving close to 80 KMS in Bangalore Crazy traffic and still gives 48 KMPL.

Suzuki has been very lazy in launching new bikes in India. Hope Suzuki launches this bike at the earliest. The final NAIL will be the PRICE.
Sarvodaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 21:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Two different combinations displayed in Tokyo motorcycle show last year. Not saying that they will come to India, but attaching only for viewing:

Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!-171803_2.jpg

Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!-171803_3.jpg
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 13:10   #51
BHPian

Happy to see the upright seating position after a long time. Any information on the launch date yet ?
Old 28th August 2013, 13:46   #52
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I agree with members who feel the seat and riding posture will be a plus for the Inazuma

My primary grouse with the modern machines that have been launched in recent times is the riding posture. Having been used to the very comfortable seat of the Bullet, I cannot tolerate a posture that results in clutching my back and stretching my legs after every ride. A sporty seating posture may be great for Moto GP riders but I'd prefer a comfortable seat any day, thank you.

Suzuki desperately need a blockbuster product right now. Buyers tend to overlook their mass market scooters and motorcycles in favour of other brands, even if the vehicles themselves are just as good, if not better. And only a handful of people can afford their expensive imported machinery.

The Inazuma could just be the product that catapults Suzuki into the big league. Once they manage to get bikers excited with at least one super hit, sales of their smaller motorcycles and scooters should increase by leaps and bounds. Suzuki also have an enviable reputation in India (thanks to Maruti Suzuki) and this should help them further.

Last edited by RSR : 28th August 2013 at 13:47.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 13:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

IMHO the main problem with this bike is its looks- it just looks too dated and when compared with hte likes of the Ninja 300 and the CBR 250, it just doesn't cut it
Old 29th August 2013, 09:22   #54
BHPian

My tuppence worth. I am not sure if Suzuki has actually decided to launch the Inazuma in the market. I will admit that Suzuki's approach to the Indian market (like that of Yamaha) is baffling to say the least. How are they contented selling twenty thousand plus vehicles a month when Hero, Honda and Bajaj sell about two or three times that number with a single model. But having said that Japanese companies are slow movers because of the bureaucracy that dominates them. That is sometimes a disadvantage, but sometimes it is an advantage too.

I believe Suzuki is facing problems selling motorcycles. From the ill fated and now withdrawn from the market products like the Heat and Zeus to the ones that are still present such as the Hayate, Sling Shot and the GS-150 R there is not one single model of motorcycle that seems to be selling. The only thing that is selling reasonably is the Access and its variant the Swish. That I think has more to do with the fact that since Honda is unable to satisfy the demand for the Activa, the Access is seen as the next best "neutral" looking option.

About the product (Inazuma) looking dated, I think the comparisons to the Kawasaki Ninja and the Honda CBR 250 R are not valid. From the very construction of the Inazuma it is obvious that it is only the cubic capacity that is similar and after that all else is different. The motorcycle is long, has high handle bars, a proper pillion seat, and the power that is sufficient to cruise around at decent speeds. And aesthetics are very personal so if one sees the maximum number of motorcycles that are sold by Hero and Honda, they are pretty inoffensive and probably for that reason acceptable to the people.

It would be wrong on Suzuki's part to bring the Inazuma into the market now, since they still do not seem to have worked out the formula that can make their motorcycles sell in half decent volumes. The Hayate is not even doing the numbers that a Mahindra Centuro seems to be doing. Suzuki needs to sort its marketing/design strategy with motorcycles before they introduce high end (by Indian standards) vehicles into the market. Maybe co-branding them as Maruti Suzuki might help!!! Already Suzuki's failed products list has crossed half a dozen, and adding more will not help Suzuki.
sadsack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 10:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsack View Post
the GS-150 R there is not one single model of motorcycle that seems to be selling.
In the premium segment,the GS 150 is a decent buy. But they need to move up and probably put a 250 CC Twin or a Single which makes a decent Horse Power of around 25 to 32 with a Torque of atleast 35 happening the midrange (less than 5000 RPM). This would be an ideal combination as the bike does seem to have built with an eye on quality. It is an underdog in the current market cause of the CBR.
Honda CBR did create a space in the market with their 250s and one of the reasons why they have seen some good progress. Suzuki should take a leaf out of the Honda Venture and slot in a 250 CC Single or Twin (Liquid Cooled) to take on the likes of CBR. They can keep it semi faired like the GS-150R to keep the costs down.

Not sure if they tying up with MSIL will do them any good.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st November 2013 at 09:56. Reason: typo corrected
Old 29th August 2013, 13:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

The Inazuma reminds me of the Bandit. Not quite a looker, no bells, whistles or fancy touches but it shines in the practicality, everyday use, and the price departments which will help it score in sales. Although not sure how a parallel twin will help in the price department.

Now who will buy the Inazuma? Customers who wants
- a bike that doesnt attract quite some attraction. Park where ever you find a spot and go without worries of someone fiddling with it
- a bike with decent power for touring and a reasonable mileage. Also heavier the bike the more comfortable it will be in the straight line
- A bike with a comfortable pillion seat even for 2 up touring (the 'Zuma's single seat looks more than comfortable)
- Practical for everyday use and enough grunt in the low and midrange

I cant think of a bike in the 25ps-33ps category which checks all these boxes except the RE C500.
man_of_steel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 16:47   #57
BHPian

Were they (Suzuki India) waiting for this, the new GSR250S (Faired Inazuma)?

Details and walkaround video here -- http://bit.ly/187auoK
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!-suzuki-gsr250s-inazuma-india-10.jpg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 13:06   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post

Just what the cash-strapped Indian tourer needs! That front visor and commuter-ish seating coupled with a vibe-free engine will make for a very potent tourer. Looks are really subjective; to me, it (the GSR250S) looks pretty decent.
Old 21st November 2013, 14:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post

Details and walkaround video here -- http://bit.ly/187auoK
That thing actually looks pretty good I must say! And look at that angle of the screen!!

This should make a pretty good commu-tourer. Sorry for the negligence, is the S version having same power figure as the naked one?
Old 14th December 2013, 17:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki India’s VP confirms a Jan-14 launch for Inazuma GW250, & the same will also be showcased alongwith other Suzuki Motorcycles India Limited (SMIL) products at Auto-Expo 2014.

Source ACI - http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-367621.aspx

It will be brought in as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) Kit & assembled at Gurgaon. Specs of the bike are almost same as the contemporaries @ 248cc, fuel-injected, parallel twin engine with an output of 26bhp & 24.4Nm torque & a six-speed gearbox.

I hope they price the bike sensibly.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks