Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 21:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield TBTS 500 unveiled EDIT Now Launched

The black engine looks great ! So does the new tank! Can someone post the pic. of tail-lamp !
Old 5th January 2012, 21:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

I hope that TBTS 350 doesn't get discontinued & TBTS 500 would be additional model similar to classic twins.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Not a looker!! Front forks should have been kicked out more, and sigh!! that headlight looks totally out of place! I feel even the foot rests should have been set up front to give the bike a more, real world cruiser look.

Seriously looks like a half boiled cruiser!! leave it on the stove and cook it fully RE!!
Well said bro, RE just don't know how to get it right. Its always overcook it or its not at all there on the plate. They seriously have to make certain changes in their design department. There are guys who can do better after market jobs.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
Why the hell is RE trying to be something that it is not. When they launched the CL500, i thought that they have fired their stupid guy at the design table and put someone who knows something about motorcycle design. But unfortunately the guy just was on a long leave and came back to work and messed everything up. I dig the black treatment to the engine, but rest looks really stupid. At-least try copying some designs from the internet fools. They are disrespecting us bikers by giving 27 odd PS from a 500cc mill, as if that was not enough, they had had to do this. Guys in RE should visit the thread where a guy made a HD fat-boy from scratch and take some design lessons from him. Shame on you RE, shame on you.
what is re trying to be? re? hd? hrc? it does not matter like your view which does not matter to re or the market. you can express your opinion or taste for like or dislike but its foolish to call others fools. vanity!
and on top of that you say re should take a cue from hd. wonder who is being foolish here. if they copy they are fools and if they don't they still are fools.
why don't you apply for a job with re in their new product design department since you appear to know so much about bike design?
hollywoodhogan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 22:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Some pictures of Thunderbird 500 from Auto Expo.

Attachment 864624

Matt Black TB500

Attachment 864625

Instrument Cluster

Attachment 864626

Headlight Assembly

Attachment 864627

Metallic Black Gas Tank

Cheers,

Sorry ! is that projector???
Old 5th January 2012, 23:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Sorry ! is that projector???
Yup it is...and nicely executed. Wonder what the Digital display will show.

great going RE, finally the kind of upgrades needed to their line-up. Now we have the TB and Classic in EFI.
Old 5th January 2012, 23:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Yup it is...and nicely executed. Wonder what the Digital display will show.

The digital display shows the odometer and two trip meters which I feel is a very thoughtful addition to an Enfield since many of us do a lot of trips.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2012 at 00:32. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 5th January 2012, 23:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
.....and nicely executed. Wonder what the Digital display will show.....
As per the RE website:
Quote:
The instrumentation also includes two digital trip meters, allowing riders to keep a track of total trip mileage as well as intermediate mileage between tankfuls.
And of-course the odo meter will also be digital and part of that screen!!
Old 5th January 2012, 23:41   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The digital display shows the odometer and two trip meters which I feel is a very thoughtful addition to an Enfield since many of us do a lot of trips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
As per the RE website:

And of-course the odo meter will also be digital and part of that screen!!
Thanks guys...still dont understand the logic of NOT displaying the fuel levels especially on tourers. Probably only point where the TB loses it.
Old 5th January 2012, 23:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
195 kgs-ewww-thats heavy.
Since classic is already 1.5L ex-showroom,this one is should be 1.7 to 1.8 ex shwroom,that means down south it will cross 2L on road
Enfields have gone expensive for sure.
Expensive ?? i am not so sure about that.. Look at the other offerings we have here. If this is expensive for a 500 then what do you have to say about the R15's, CBR's or the Ninjas or more prominently the Harley's ?? (i am not against those fab bikes)

As a matter of fact we get to have a 500cc fuel injected bike that's got stunning looks and oohs and aaahs on every signals for much less price than what others have to offer in the upper cc segments. Also the digital display is a welcome equipment here which a lot of higher end bikes do not offer.

The quality of new generation bullets is worth commenting as they know bullet owners are keen to keep them for life (well most of them, me for one sold my bullet after 10 years. Period..... but i am definitely gonna get one soon), but seriously new bikes have the reliability again. The manufacturer isn't just concentrating on the thump anymore, but other aspects like styling, durability and after sales services have also drastically improved than what it used to be.

Lots of plus here, lots of excitement.

These kinda launches make mental masturbation for bikes really so much pleasurable. Cheers.

Last edited by The Great : 5th January 2012 at 23:50.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 23:58   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
Why the hell is RE trying to be something that it is not. When they launched the CL500, i thought that they have fired their stupid guy at the design table and put someone who knows something about motorcycle design. But unfortunately the guy just was on a long leave and came back to work and messed everything up. I dig the black treatment to the engine, but rest looks really stupid. At-least try copying some designs from the internet fools. They are disrespecting us bikers by giving 27 odd PS from a 500cc mill, as if that was not enough, they had had to do this. Guys in RE should visit the thread where a guy made a HD fat-boy from scratch and take some design lessons from him. Shame on you RE, shame on you.

I second the thoughts !! It looks more like a japanese diecast toy bike than an RE!
Old 6th January 2012, 00:24   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
what is re trying to be? re? hd? hrc? it does not matter like your view which does not matter to re or the market. you can express your opinion or taste for like or dislike but its foolish to call others fools. vanity!
and on top of that you say re should take a cue from hd. wonder who is being foolish here. if they copy they are fools and if they don't they still are fools.
why don't you apply for a job with re in their new product design department since you appear to know so much about bike design?
I am an animator/designer by profession and i know something about motorcycle design, not much but enough to know where the lines should start and where it should end, what rake angle would give the bike a good stance as well as maneuverability. So its my opinion and if it offends you, so be it. RE didn't have to copy anything to come out with the CL500, and it turned out good. I was just saying if the designers had hit a wall, they should have done some kind of research. Its just another bike in the market, hoping they would get it right with the cafe racer. (fingers crossed), also am an RE fan and do have a STD 500 parked in my garage which i have personalized to my taste. It is never a crime for hoping that one of your favorite bike manufacturer comes out with the best bike.
Dr.Awesomeness is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 01:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

I was never a fan of the Thunderbird. Thinking about it, with all due respect to REM for making bikes we love, I do not think they would have a dedicated design team. The only newly designed bike was the Thunderbird since all the other models since time are based on the original Bullet. I feel the TBTS-350 looked better than the TB500. But, on the positive side, hats off to them for incorporating essential features and goodies with this model. As for the looks department, it looks to me like all the new or modified parts, like the meter console, backrest, projector lamps and the exhaust we just added to the old TB without actually thinking how it would look. The exhaust on the TB500 is a complete no! The TBTS exhaust looked better anyday. And from the looks of it, it seems like a semi-muted exhaust like the one that first came on the 2004 Electra.
The bigger tank, the forward placed foot pegs and rear discs is a good addition and will make this bike a good one for long distance.
Old 6th January 2012, 02:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

REM has done a good job in incorporating new features on this bike. The bigger tank, digital trip meters, rear disc brakes and forward placed foot pegs . However, the overall turn out of the bike compared the TBTS 350 is a bit disappointing. The look of the bike would have been appropriate for the 80's or early 90's.
The view from the rear is quite a put off for a heavy bike as this. Puny tail lamps with the rear mudguard as short as a mini skirt does not suit an Enfield.
The muffler should have been left as it was on the 350 and not chopped off. Many design cues seem to be taken off HD of which the engine in black looks good.
Overall the bike is good bet for long distace bikers as it seems to have all that is required of a long distance tourer including hazard lights! In the looks department, they should have retained the looks of the 350 on the 500 TB as well.
It looks like all the parts that were upgraded from the TBTS 350 were just removed and added without considering how it would look to the overall package. The rear half looks like it has come off a bobber and mated to a cruiser!
Old 6th January 2012, 11:49   #45
BHPian

As far as character goes, the TB 500 fails big time.....and I would rather be seen on a STD 350 anyday than on the TB 500. But as far as practical touring goes, this bike may take you places, and fast & more comfortably than any other RE bike.

Having said that, RE has a notorious reputation for bad quality ! Thank heavens, if the all new digital consoles, and upgrades manage to survive even the wrranty period !! I'll rather save for the Triumph !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks