Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 16:24   #76
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield TBTS 500 unveiled EDIT Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Very reliable info: Launch of the TBTS500 before 30 June 12.
Keep your monies ready!
Really! That's great if true.
It would be a little not so typical of RE if they manage to roll out the TBTS-500 by June-July 2012
Old 11th May 2012, 11:12   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Any idea if the O2 sensor is present on TBTS 500? or is it the same as C5?
Does anybody have an idea?
Old 21st May 2012, 17:44   #78
BHPian

My friend spotted a Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 at his college parking lot(Global Academy of Technology).
It was his friend's Uncle(Who works for RE),who was riding it.
It had done around 800 Kilometers on the Odometer.
He said that the bike's sound was awesome and everyone around was trying to sneak a peek at it.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield TBTS 500 Unveiled. EDIT: Now Launched !!!-royal-enfield-thunderbird-500.jpg  

Patriot_Vishwas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 18:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_Vishwas View Post
My friend spotted a Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 at his college parking lot(Global Academy of Technology).
He said that the bike's sound was awesome and everyone around was trying to sneak a peek at it.
How a bike can be someone's uncle

just kidding mate, thanks for the pics. Thouse smaller wheels have really ruined the overall look of the bike and rear mudguards looks it was made for bigger tyres. Black finished engine on a cruiser, what RE is thinking these days.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 21st May 2012 at 18:20.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 18:27   #80
BHPian

RE is wasting its time trying to imitate an Iron 883 in more ways than one. However still expect to see a ridiculously long waiting period for this bike too
Old 22nd May 2012, 07:30   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Looks nice. It would have been great if your friend could record the sound in his mobile and you could share that here.
Can you ask your friend to ask his friend if this has lambda sensor or if it gives jerks at low speed like classic 500.
I am sure your friend's friend took a ride on this from his uncle with or without permission.
sinhsha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:36   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Thouse smaller wheels have really ruined the overall look of the bike and rear mudguards looks it was made for bigger tyres. Black finished engine on a cruiser, what RE is thinking these days.
I am an ardent fan of Royal Enfield and was frankly disappointed at this wannabe Harley!
It looks too "plasticky"!
But I think that this would be the flagship of RE after it's release.
It has a lot of gizmos that the other bikes offer too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Looks nice. It would have been great if your friend could record the sound in his mobile and you could share that here.
Can you ask your friend to ask his friend if this has lambda sensor or if it gives jerks at low speed like classic 500.
Sorry sir,but no audio/video clips,as of now.
@the emboldened-I be sure to ask him that,the next time we meet
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:44   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Was this running TN plates?
I remember seeing a TN registered TBTS 500 entering Manyata Tech Park, a couple of weeks ago.
Old 23rd May 2012, 07:38   #84
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I happened to browse the RE website the other day. To my surprise. The TB500 has been removed from the list of Motorbikes they display there. I wonder whats cooking?

Thanks of a real world picture of the bike Patriot. The blacked out engine has to go for sure. The exhaust looks much better in terms of proportion compared to the long barrel one on the current TBTS. The handlebar seems more upright. What are those patches on the Exhaust muffler though? And those puny RVMs picked up from a Bajaj Boxer have to be burnt and buried.

Last edited by Tgo : 23rd May 2012 at 07:39.
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I happened to browse the RE website the other day. To my surprise. The TB500 has been removed from the list of Motorbikes they display there. I wonder whats cooking?
It exists if your go in compare models section. I think they only display the models that are already launched. It was displayed on the web only during the time of Auto Expo. Maybe they expected some hits on their website of the people looking for more info on TB 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
The blacked out engine has to go for sure. The exhaust looks much better in terms of proportion compared to the long barrel one on the current TBTS. What are those patches on the Exhaust muffler though? And those puny RVMs picked up from a Bajaj Boxer have to be burnt and buried.

Maybe the blacked out engine has potential to last long than chrome plated ? Im not sure here.

Agree with the new design of exhaust, much better, patches ? Yes wondering what are they ?

for the mirror comment. What on the earth are they ? Avenger type mirrors may be a good fit for this model.

I hope we get some after-market short rear mudguards. The rear mudguard looks awful.

I also notice the ground clearance of the bike is much lower than TB 350. Can be a problem while off-roading or while going over speed bumps.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 23rd May 2012 at 10:21.
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:10   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post

Maybe the blacked out engine has potential to last long than chrome plated ? Im not sure here.

Agree with the new design of exhaust, much better, patches ? Yes wondering what are they ?

for the mirror comment. What on the earth are they ? Avenger type mirrors may be a good fit for this model.

I hope we get some after-market short rear mudguards. The rear mudguard looks awful.

I also notice the ground clearance of the bike is much lower than TB 350. Can be a problem while off-roading or while going over speed bumps.
IF the cafe racer was to launch,i would swap out the the 500s mudguard with that from the cafe racer if it was a direct fit,else from the tb 350.Has the ECU been remapped or its the same as that of the cl 500?
Old 29th May 2012, 08:46   #87
BHPian

Quote:

I think i saw this bike yesterday on Sarjapur Ring Road at around 9PM. It had TN number plates.

Vijay
Old 29th May 2012, 12:07   #88
BHPian

I do not like the front portion look of the Thunderbird (because of the Handle Bar Design), and if I were to buy it, I would want to replace the handle bar with that of Electra. To me the most comfortable seating position is upright like the Electra, the problem is if I replace the handle bar of the Thunderbird with that of the Electra, the foot pecks are angled and would get the whole riding position wrong. The Thunderbird comes across as the most refined of all Bullets, however the shape is all wrong in my view, it’s wanting to be something else and does not do a good job of it, the rest like the Standard and the Electra at least have a very original Bullet look.
Old 29th May 2012, 13:04   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Looks like they have copied my modified Thunderbird
Ouch! That hurt my eyes - The combination of alloy wheels and smaller rear wheel makes it look really awful - Why would you be so cruel to a Bullet?
Old 5th June 2012, 21:53   #90
BHPian

Recently contacted the RE dealer in Delhi to check TBTS 500 availability, I was told it will be available from August.

Well, knowing RE, the launch of TBTS 500 may be further delayed. The wait is on !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks