Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2012, 07:37   #61
BHPian

Oh. probably I took a hasty decision then. anyways, hoping to buy some good bike, probably a tourer, thinking of the ninja 650.

Note from Support - Please avoid typing posts with excessive dots and use proper punctuation for better readability. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 17th November 2012 at 10:03.
Old 17th November 2012, 01:07   #62

Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Sorry to hear that. If you are looking for a comfortable seating position, you can settle for the duke.

That said, it takes almost a month to get the right position in a R15. Once you get used to it, it's a breeze. People in our group have been riding for 600 kms in a day and sleeping with nothing but good memories of the ride
Second that. Bought this bike on the 19th of Oct 2012 and have done 1333 KMs as of today. I had a little bit of wrist pain initially, but now, its either i have gotten used to it, or my riding position has been optimized, i have no discomfort whatsoever.

AbhishiekSircar: Have been Checking the YRC-India FB page (Thanks Parthasarathig for directing me there) and would love to join on the rides and be part of YRC-India.Should i register somewhere to be part of the Club? Please Advise.
Old 17th November 2012, 07:44   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingthing
AbhishiekSircar: Have been Checking the YRC-India FB page (Thanks Parthasarathig for directing me there) and would love to join on the rides and be part of YRC-India.Should i register somewhere to be part of the Club? Please Advise.
ZT you can just like their fb page to get updates about rides and other event info.

As far as riding discomfort goes, any new thing takes time getting used to. After all, we aren't born masters of riding

Cheers. Ride safe!!!
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 14:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingthing View Post
Should i register somewhere to be part of the Club?
We keep updating the event section of the page with any ride that we come up with. You can follow that or follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/yrcindia).

If you PM me your number, I will SMS you about our forthcoming rides too. And yes, it's a free of cost service The only place where we expect the riders we ride along with to spend is on the riding gear.

Btw, our next ride is to Goa where we are on for a party and a day full of ride. Do feel free to join us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
ZT you can just like their fb page to get updates about rides and other event info.
Thanks Partha !
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 22:51   #65
BHPian

Hello guys,

Bringing back to life an old thread. I recently purchased the new red R15 and gave in for the first service at 250 kms today. Had not read the manual about the recommended oil grades ie 20w40 and 20w50 and the service blokes put in the 15w50 semi synthetic Yamalube, costing Rs.550 here in Mumbai. Also changed the oil filter. Well, at those little kms, which oil should have been put?

Am not facing any issues, infact the bike feels better. But isn't it too early for the bike to try semi synthetic? Wasn't this a trick to sell better oil?

Replies will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 11th January 2015, 16:27   #66

hello everyone..
and kudos to mr abhisheksircar for the wonderful writeup..
i am having a good time with my R15 v2.0.
just have a few novice queries.
1. what are the gear-wise optimum speed ranges for the bike? i seem to be getting this part wrong. i tend to upshift at wrong speeds which leads to sudden burst acceleration.
2. is it fine if i lube the chain with grease? the chain lube spray is good but it dries fast as ride on a long dusty stretch.
Please advice.
Thanks.
Old 12th January 2015, 09:57   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Hello guys,

Bringing back to life an old thread. I recently purchased the new red R15 and gave in for the first service at 250 kms today. Had not read the manual about the recommended oil grades ie 20w40 and 20w50 and the service blokes put in the 15w50 semi synthetic Yamalube, costing Rs.550 here in Mumbai. Also changed the oil filter. Well, at those little kms, which oil should have been put?

Am not facing any issues, infact the bike feels better. But isn't it too early for the bike to try semi synthetic? Wasn't this a trick to sell better oil?

Replies will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Sorry for the late reply. R15 from day one is on Semi Synthetic only out of the factory. So no issues at all. 15w50 is not a problem. Me along with many R15 riders I know have been using Shell Advance AX7 till 10k kms and then moved to Shell Advanced Ultra. My Run-in was not in the usual way. I switched to mineral and changed every 250 kms along with the oil filter. After 1000 or 1500, cant recollect clearly, I moved to AX7 and after 10k, I moved to Ultra. The bike ran quite smooth without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup89 View Post
hello everyone..
and kudos to mr abhisheksircar for the wonderful writeup..
i am having a good time with my R15 v2.0.
just have a few novice queries.
1. what are the gear-wise optimum speed ranges for the bike? i seem to be getting this part wrong. i tend to upshift at wrong speeds which leads to sudden burst acceleration.
2. is it fine if i lube the chain with grease? the chain lube spray is good but it dries fast as ride on a long dusty stretch.
Please advice.
Thanks.
Thanks Anup.

1. R15 is known for linear acceleration unless you red line it. Ideally an upshift anywhere from 5-7k RPM should be smooth. But the fun factor I felt lies in 7.5-10 RPM.
2. Please do not clean it with grease. Try a set of cleaners and lube used together. I can vouch for Tribocor products. We even visited their factory. Tribocor Factory Visit. You can order them online as well. Ebay Link for Tribocor.
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 11:37   #68

Quote:
Thanks Anup.

1. R15 is known for linear acceleration unless you red line it. Ideally an upshift anywhere from 5-7k RPM should be smooth. But the fun factor I felt lies in 7.5-10 RPM.
true dat mr abhishek. the fun does start at around 7.5k.
but in the heavy traffic conditions of kolkata its not always possible to do that.
can u specify the speed ranges for each gear,like
1st gear: xx to xx kmph
2nd gear: xx to xx kmph...
and so on.
Old 12th January 2015, 16:02   #69
BHPian

[quote=abhisheksircar;3621192]Sorry for the late reply. R15 from day one is on Semi Synthetic only out of the factory. So no issues at all. 15w50 is not a problem. Me along with many R15 riders I know have been using Shell Advance AX7 till 10k kms and then moved to Shell Advanced Ultra. My Run-in was not in the usual way. I switched to mineral and changed every 250 kms along with the oil filter. After 1000 or 1500, cant recollect clearly, I moved to AX7 and after 10k, I moved to Ultra. The bike ran quite smooth without any issues.

Mighty thanks Abhishek! Much appreciated and am running the stock oil time being. Cant wait to try the Shell!
Old 13th January 2015, 07:26   #70
BHPian

Sorry for

I was actually planning to get a NINJA 300, for a long time now and started saving for the same; however with Home Loan commitment and the incentives of doing some part-payment, now I have changed my mind and am looking at getting a R15 v2.0 instead.

Could you please let me know of any good YAMAHA dealer?
Old 14th January 2015, 06:15   #71
BHPian

You can try Bangalore Wheels. The owner is quite reachable and hands on technically.
Old 14th January 2015, 08:00   #72
BHPian

Quote:
You can try Bangalore Wheels. The owner is quite reachable and hands on technically.
Thanks Abhishek, you are referring to the Rajaji nagar Bangalore wheels?
Old 14th January 2015, 08:16   #73
BHPian

R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup89 View Post

can u specify the speed ranges for each gear,like

1st gear: xx to xx kmph

2nd gear: xx to xx kmph...

and so on.

In gear top speed at rev limiter
Gear : top speed(kmph)
1-45
2-68
3-92
4-115
5-130?
6-148 on my bike.

How fast you reach these speeds is dependent on load, R15 doesn't really pull clean with pillion and feels very strained. But for a 150cc engine, these figures are fantastic.

Last edited by Akhilash95 : 14th January 2015 at 08:19.
Akhilash95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 18:48   #74
BHPian

I just booked a Invincible Black R15 v2.0 from Pacer Yamaha, Hebbal

I am Getting a 2014 model, for 2015 model they said I need to wait till March 2015

I am hoping to get my bike by Monday evening; will be going tomorrow to have a look at the bike, they be registering (just wanted to have a quick overall check, before they register it); found some of the bikes to have scratches here and there, when they showed different color options.

From there went to Megha Enterprises, Lalbagh and purchased a MT AXXIS Geo Helmet for Rs.4150

Very excited about getting back into 2 wheels after about 5+years
Old 15th January 2015, 20:22   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
I just booked a Invincible Black R15 v2.0 from Pacer Yamaha, Hebbal

Very excited about getting back into 2 wheels after about 5+years
Congrats. You will love it. No doubt. Take extreme good care during the run in period and she will keep you happy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks