Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero Motocorp @ Auto Expo 2012

@ misquitas,

Unfortunately Hero hasnt given any firm dates regarding the Maestro launch, but I have a sneaky feeling that its round the corner especially since the new Dio has been launched by Honda.

I understand the cose proximity of a Hero dealership but these new generation scooters rarely require any maintenance other than servicing. Also parts availability has never been an issue for any Indian two wheeler, until and unles you were stuck with a CBR250 .

If I was in your place I would go ahead and book the new Dio. Its competitively priced and easily the best looking scooter in India. Now that its a new launch (showroom dispatches by second half of Feb) you would have very good chances of getting one in a couple of weeks.
Old 4th February 2012, 19:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
@ misquitas,

Unfortunately Hero hasnt given any firm dates regarding the Maestro launch, but I have a sneaky feeling that its round the corner especially since the new Dio has been launched by Honda.

I understand the cose proximity of a Hero dealership but these new generation scooters rarely require any maintenance other than servicing. Also parts availability has never been an issue for any Indian two wheeler, until and unles you were stuck with a CBR250 .

If I was in your place I would go ahead and book the new Dio. Its competitively priced and easily the best looking scooter in India. Now that its a new launch (showroom dispatches by second half of Feb) you would have very good chances of getting one in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for your views. The reason why we dislike the Dio is because..

1. We do not like the moulded footrest of the pillion rider as it is too high for comfort. We prefer the independent footrest of bikes such as the Activa or Access, which are lower and offer better sitting comfort for the pillion rider.

2. We do not like the slanting footboard of the Dio and we prefer the non-reclining flat footboard, as is found in the Activa or Access.

3. Somehow, we do not like the location of the headlight on the Dio. We prefer the light on the handlebar (as is found in most other bikes) for aesthetic and practical reasons.
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:05   #33
BHPian

UPDATE: The Hero Motocorp dealer here in Porvorim-Goa is expected to get 3-4 Hero Maestro scooters within a day or two. A larger number of Maestro scooters is expected in the next batch, which is expected shortly.

We have booked the Maestro and we could well own the scooter much, much faster than those customers languishing for their Honda Activa.

Just as the Fiat 1.3 is the India's most popular diesel engine, the Honda 110cc engine seems to be India's mot popular scooter engine, which is being deployed in the Activa, Dio, Aviator, and now, in the Maestro.

Most Viewed