Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2012, 20:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Most Comfortable seats -Indian Motorcycles.

My bullet has custom made seat from Khajanchi in Karol Bagh. Took some time to break-in but it is pretty comfortable now.

I also recall being quite comfortable on a Unicorn.
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:07   #32
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I think the seat of the Thunderbird Twinspark is the best seat around. Coupled with the suspension it will urge you to do long distances without frequent stops for stretching your legs or back out.

The seat on the avenger is comfortable but it seems like like a hard-tail bike. There is no suspension.
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
After my earlier thread of Uncomfortable seats, Now I am starting a new thread of Most Comfortable seats found in Indian motorcycles and scooters.
In my view full marks goes to Bajaj Avenger,R.E. Bullet Standard earlier models, old Honda CD100, Bajaj super, 150, priya scooters, chetak, kinetic honda.
Yamaha RD 350,Yamaha RX 100, these are the ones I can think of right now.Guys pls add your list also. I am posting one photo of Avenger to start with, it shows how easily and comfortably both rider and pillion are seated..Regards....
Avenger is the BEST seat i have come across, when it comes to the rider!

But it scores really bad when it comes to the pillion. A rather narrow seat coupled with a long travel rear suspension makes it difficult for the pillion, and the suspension even tends to bottom out over large potholes. It just throws the pillion around. (The backrest is a saviour though)

For pillion- best seat in my experience has been the RE Bullet.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd January 2012 at 21:24.
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:23   #34
BHPian

As i had posted on the worst seats thread. Kinetic Blaze it has to be for its sofa. Next ones LML Star/NV-Spl and ZMA.
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:45   #35
BHPian

Yamaha Enticer is one of them, wide cushioned seats + up right position keeps you in comfort.
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

The seat on the avenger is comfortable but it seems like like a hard-tail bike. There is no suspension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A rather narrow seat coupled with a long travel rear suspension makes it difficult for the pillion, and the suspension even tends to bottom out over large potholes. It just throws the pillion around.

In case someone is wondering, both these statements are true.

Avenger rear suspension feels bouncy with a pillion, even at the hardest setting. Without a pillion it feels a bit hard (again at the hardest setting).
I keep it hard because it is not possible to adjust it every time a pillion is to be carried.
Old 26th January 2012, 21:13   #37
BHPian

re: Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles

If I may, add the CBR250R to the list. Completed nearly 150kms last night. This bike is very unforgiving on your nether regions . Seat design, tank design is great and thats something coming from a 6+ guy, but why did Honda contract out seat compound to a lifelong cement mixer.

I'll just go and lie down now..
Old 27th January 2012, 17:46   #38
BHPian

The most uncomfortable seat ever is the one on the Kawasaki Ninja 250r. Trust me, You will not want to ride on a ninja as a pillion. It's as good as sitting on a rock with just you undies on.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 20:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
- Hunk/CBZ (hard ride and puny seats)
...This brought back some memories. The first time i did a long ride to mysore in a CBZ 2000 model with a friend of mine, by the time we were on the return leg, I was sitting on the petrol tank and my friend on the grab rail, coz our bottoms were . That is how uncomfortable the seats were and the first thing i did after that ride was to add some additional padding to the seats.

My new suzuki access definitely has very comfortable seats. though I have only used it so far short commutes, don't think longer rides should be a challenge though they are not ment for long rides..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Once your post has been approved, ensure that you hit the 'edit' function if you feel the need to add something extra. Thanks!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th January 2012 at 02:52. Reason: Please read note in post :) And also, please go through the Announcements before proceeding! Thank you! :)
Old 27th January 2012, 21:08   #40
BHPian

Re: Most uncomfortable seats in Indian motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Although the Bullet has been traditionally a very good bike for both the rider and the pillion, I find that the classic range poor on both the parameters.
Also the pillion seat is placed a tad too low and coupled with a soft cushion and narrow width becomes a bit uncomfortable for users.
i agree, the riders seat is awful but the rear seat on the classic is a bread loaf at best! feel sorry for the bottoms that spend anything more than a couple of kms on them.
Old 27th January 2012, 22:42   #41
BHPian

Re: Most uncomfortable seats in Indian motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
i agree, the riders seat is awful but the rear seat on the classic is a bread loaf at best! feel sorry for the bottoms that spend anything more than a couple of kms on them.
Hi hogan,

I think the riders seat on the classic range is uncomfortable due to the "spring effect". Your back needs to be steady and upright for a comfortable riding position. The movement of the seat makes it very uncomfortable to ride it over long distances.

I had tried different positions on the bullet. IMO it is best if you seat a bit forward, minimizing the up-down motion. Need to experiment by freezing solid the spring motion. Has anyone done this?
Old 27th January 2012, 23:04   #42

Honda Unicorn has the best riding stance and decent seat for long rides. I'm 5'6'' and I cannot imagine riding any other bike if I need to go beyond 100 km.
Old 28th January 2012, 06:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

CD100 as well as RX 100 seats provide decent cusioning, but your rear easily gets sore past 100 kms.

Having owned a CD100 for last 23 years, i have done up my seat on 3-4 occasions.
It has been done by UNIQUE cusions Shivaji Park - Mumbai everytime and they are simply fabulous.

Very recently rode Avenger and was very confused about riding position, was not comfortable in the laid back seating position.
FZ should win for the most uncomfortable pillion seat, pillion seat on FZ is a Joke.

Once on a bike trip, got chance to ride Pulsar, Yamaha Fazer 125 and bajaj discover back to back, Fazer was Outstanding, especially the rider seat.

Last edited by silverado : 28th January 2012 at 06:21.
Old 28th January 2012, 09:26   #44
Team-BHP Support

Depends as to how long do you folks ride. Your back & posterior takes some time to get used to that position.

Whatever decently powerful Motorcycles are available in India at the moment, boys have gone ahead and have completed saddle sores on it. That is 1600kms in 24 hrs.

Keep changing your riding position, sometime take your foot of the peg & straighten it and believe me it works.

If feeling tired stop for a water break. Stretch a bit. Motorcycle riding demands that you stay fit. Much more than a Car would.

Few friends I know have done ~400kms at a stretch w/o any stops. The max I have done is some ~180 odd kms in around 2.15hrs. I either stand on the pegs for blood circulation or stretch my legs, depends...

Invest in a camelbak CamelBak® - Packs if doing long rides, it keeps you hydrated & goes a long way in keeping you comfortable.
Old 29th January 2012, 02:17   #45
BHPian

The scariest seat I have been on has to be the gen1 pulsar. Hit the brakes at anything higher than 40 and if you have a pillion facing the front, kiss your 'manliness' good bye. I almost had a crushing experience which made me stay away from the pulsar range for a very long time.

The Hunk however has a nice seat for the rider and is tuned for the taller rider (me is 6 ft). The wide handlebars give a nice comfortable stance. I have done a 150 km non stop very comfortably on this.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks