Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2013, 13:09   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles

Frankly, I think INR 3500 (around $65) for a gel seat pad is way too expensive man. You can buy a entire factory original Bullet seat in that much! And its the same as the high priced pads in the two foreign links above.
Old 16th January 2013, 15:48   #92
BHPian

Yes, 3500 INR for the Gel Seat Cushion is expensive. He quotes 2000 INR for the 12" x 12" Gel sheet which is relatively cheaper sans the cover and the strap which are not a value add anyway in my case.

I think the Duke rider's seat is pretty good with a nice balance between firmness and the soft-feel so I'm mainly looking for something on the pillion seat.

I'm in no urgency though. So no hasty decisions.
Old 21st January 2013, 13:02   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Does anyone have any idea if the split seats available on the new Thunderbird 350 can be fitted on the older Thunderbird, specifically the AVL model?
Answering my own question after checking with the Bullet workshop - no, the comfy split seats on the latest TB 350 cannot be fitted on the older TBs.

Surprisingly, neither can the TB Twinspark's single seat be fitted on the older TB. The seat clamp position is different. They actually tried fitting it on my bike in front of me, but eventually gave up as the seat was not fitting because of the old clamp, and now I'm back to my old seat.
Old 21st January 2013, 15:42   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
no, the comfy split seats on the latest TB 350 cannot be fitted on the older TBs.

They actually tried fitting it on my bike in front of me, but eventually gave up as the seat was not fitting because of the old clamp, and now I'm back to my old seat.
Any seat can be fitted bro with a little bit of cutting/welding. There is a whole cottage industry that caters just to after market seats for Bullets. In most cities.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 16:33   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Any seat can be fitted bro with a little bit of cutting/welding. There is a whole cottage industry that caters just to after market seats for Bullets. In most cities.
Thanks! You're right, but I was hoping for a straight fit, without having to resort to any cutting/welding or running around looking for a workshop to do the job. Was hoping to get it done quickly; have a long ride coming up; but now, will have to wait till that's over before exploring other options.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:53   #96
BHPian

Most Comfortable Seats :
1) YAMAHA RD350
2) Honda Activa
2) Enfield 500LB (can ride on it for hours without any problem)
Old 24th January 2013, 17:50   #97
BHPian

I think the worst seats have to be on the new Honda Dio. Guaranteed back pains if ridden in city for long or on potholed roads.
My only issue with the otherwise good looking machine.
Old 28th January 2013, 20:47   #98
Senior - BHPian

Re: Most Comfortable seats -Indian Motorcycles.

[quote=danlalan;3014762]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi guys, on saturday I got my Bullet's standard seat replaced by twin seats at Imran's shop at Andheri east./QUOTE]

Ive been looking for this guys shop. I heard hes really good. I will go to him soon. Need a good seat for the activa. Whats his number Iqbal ji??
Sorry for replying late, I was busy with Royal Efeild rides.. Dont go to this Imran guy.innstead go to guy before this chap....If you ride from JVLR to Andheri on highway..keep riding ,dont climb the Andheri fly over, instead go belw ,,at the start of service road this shop of bike seat maker.. Imran is a GREEDY and ARROGANT now...
Old 29th January 2013, 13:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
.. Dont go to this Imran guy....... Imran is a GREEDY and ARROGANT now...
Not surprised to hear this. It seems to be something common to all seat guys who develop a reputation and then grow way too big for their own boots with a take it or leave it attitude because people start going to them by word of mouth.

Typical example in Pune is the so-called (in)famous PAWAR SEATS in Nana Peth. Not only is he really exorbitant now, charging willy nilly way above the market rate, he has also begun using sub-standard quality seat cloth that hardens and develops CRACKS WITHIN 3 MONTHS!

When confronted with the same (I used to get all my Bullet seats made by him) and told to replace the cover (which cost 600 bucks - compare to the normal 250 bucks), he says that the cloth is from another suplier and he cannot take responsibility or give any guarantee on the same!
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 21:49   #100
BHPian

Based on the my experiences with the following bikes seats in no particular order-

Honda Aviator- comfortable rider and pillion seat. Didn't find any major flaws with it.

Honda CBR250- Rider's seat has good shape and design, but could use better cushioning. Riding posture not as aggressive as R15 nor is it upright and commuter like. At the end of the day, it's comfortable for me. Not a single person who rode pillion on the CBR liked the pillion seat. A colleague of mine rode pillion with me to a wedding day yesterday and I heard him complaining about the high seating posture, wind blast and having getting a back ache.

Avenger 220- Really comfortable rider seat. I had been using my brother's Avenger for December and when I went back to my CBR on January, it took me a day to get used it. Good cushioning and support, laid back posture rocks. Pillion isn't brilliant- it's narrow and thuds and crashes from the suspension is transmitted straight to the pillion rider. Backrest is cool though.

Ninja 250R- Rode pillion on it once and it was enough. Hard and narrow, I think it's worse than the CBR250's pillion seat. I couldn't find any grab rails to hold on either. Oh well, bikes like these are meant to be enjoyed solo- not double duty as people movers.

RE Classic 350/500- Found the spring loaded saddle seat to be comfortable. The drawback is that it's flat and is difficult to find a good posture. A bit tiring on long rides too. Rear pillion is terrible- feels like sitting on a loaf of bread and is not confidence inspiring.

Yamaha FZ16 (first version)- No complaints about the rider's seat, but the pillion design could be better.

Pulsar 220- Rode as pillion. Cushioning is hard and it's flat and narrow. Okay for short rides, but terrible for long hauls.

RE T-bird- One of the best saddles on an Indian bike. Very comfortable position. Didn't ride pillion.

HH Karizma R- Also has good seats- both rider and pillion. Should be a pleasure for touring.
evilmessiah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 12:57   #101
BHPian

The Pulsar 200NS has a wonderful rider seat. I have a back problem and am 90kgs by weight. Yet, I have not felt any pain or strain on my back even after day long rides.

However, the pillion seat is very small and hard. Needs to have some better padding
Old 14th July 2015, 14:12   #102
BHPian

Here are my opinions :

Below 300cc :

Best - Thunderbird (need to have a strong spine) and Karizma
Worst - Pillion Seat of the Avenger (Nightmare!) and D200

Above 300cc :

Best - Moto Guzzi California and Indian Scout (Yes, way better than the Americanas. )
Worst - Benelli 600i and 848 Evo.

Disclaimer : I am 6'4 and my comfort tastes are 'very singular'.
Old 14th July 2015, 14:16   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Typical example in Pune is the so-called (in)famous PAWAR SEATS in Nana Peth. Not only is he really exorbitant now, charging willy nilly way above the market rate, he has also begun using sub-standard quality seat cloth that hardens and develops CRACKS WITHIN 3 MONTHS!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3688798

SP Seats (Pawar Seats) Pune try to sell their off the shelf seats for very high price an ask you to junk your stock seats!

I got my company seats redone from Mankar seats, nana peth just a few shops away from SP seats. Recommended

RE Classis stock split seats: Rider - uncomfortable Pillion - worst! Its like seating on a loaf of hard bread.

After modifying both seats I'm happy and so are all the pillions (unbiased). Just back from Raigad (via Varandha ghat) solo round trip of 360 kms in a day with a happy thing that seats on the seat!
surjaonwheelz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 14:55   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3688798

SP Seats (Pawar Seats) Pune try to sell their off the shelf seats for very high price an ask you to junk your stock seats!
Bottom line is that the big corner shop PAWAR SEATS is a cheat. And a small time one at that. A fact I informed him of in no uncertain terms before exiting his shop for the last time.

A businessman who does not stand by his product or materials is someone who is in all likelihood not someone you want to spend any more of your time on earth with. Better to avoid.
Old 14th July 2015, 16:49   #105
Senior - BHPian

I got my seats for my cl 500 done from Perfect seats.Strange,I din't find him to be arrogant or greedy.But yes his father was a bit arrogant.
Changed both the rider (removed the springs) and pillion seats.Long rides are comfortable now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks