Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2016, 22:07   #106
BHPian

Re: Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk01 View Post
I'm in no urgency though. So no hasty decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Frankly.
Dear Brothers,

Any updates on the gel seat modifications that you did. A pictorial would be of great help if not at least the description of your modifications or experimentations with GEL seats would be precious info too.

Any other manufacturers in India doing this by now ?

And lastly is air seat (rideonair / airhawk) better or doing the Gel mod better.

Cheers !!
Old 26th April 2016, 23:13   #107
BHPian

Strange that no one replied here.

Anyways I ended up modifying my seat at Perfect Seats Imran Andheri and also got the Rideonair cushion too.

This is a brilliant product albeit the same concept as the Airhawk.

This stuff really works, I recently went for a ride and it was awesome. No butt sores or fatigue or pressure on my tail bone.

Disclaimer: This is not my product and I am not commercially involved with them. I recommend this product on the basis of my usage and experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I got my seats for my cl 500 done from Perfect seats.Strange,I din't find him to be arrogant or greedy.But yes his father was a bit arrogant.
His father sure is out of his mind now. Being arrogant was one thing and talking like he is the only 1 seat maker in the entire seat industry is absolutely absurd. Looking at his age I chose not to argue with him but he kept on pestering me. Imran on the other hand does have great seat making ability and his product is undoubtedly excellent. I know him since last 12 years and he has made good seats for my bikes. He has got the foam specially cast as per his seat dye. All other seat makers generally glue foam over existing one or modify the foam as per the seat.

I got the backrest version and I am very happy with the result. Although the seat nearly took 6 hours to be made.

But whoever goes to his shop has had a bad experience with his father, at least all the ones that I know of.
Attached Thumbnails
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-1.jpg  

Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-2.jpg  

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 27th April 2016 at 01:29. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the edit button instead of creating successive posts within a short time.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Strange that no one replied here.

Anyways I ended up modifying my seat at Perfect Seats Imran Andheri and also got the Rideonair cushion too.

This is a brilliant product albeit the same concept as the Airhawk.

This stuff really works, I recently went for a ride and it was awesome. No butt sores or fatigue or pressure on my tail bone.

Disclaimer: This is not my product and I am not commercially involved with them. I recommend this product on the basis of my usage and experience.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=S9LvfgUnImk

His father sure is out of his mind now. Being arrogant was one thing and talking like he is the only 1 seat maker in the entire seat industry is absolutely absurd. Looking at his age I chose not to argue with him but he kept on pestering me. Imran on the other hand does have great seat making ability and his product is undoubtedly excellent. I know him since last 12 years and he has made good seats for my bikes. He has got the foam specially cast as per his seat dye. All other seat makers generally glue foam over existing one or modify the foam as per the seat.

I got the backrest version and I am very happy with the result. Although the seat nearly took 6 hours to be made.

But whoever goes to his shop has had a bad experience with his father, at least all the ones that I know of.
Instead of this family of so called ONLY Bullet seat maker, visit a guy before him ,he is at the start of the flyover...
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:50   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Instead of this family of so called ONLY Bullet seat maker, visit a guy before him ,he is at the start of the flyover...
Yes exactly the point I was trying to make that he is not the Only one and his father acts like that way.

That whole lane has a number of seat makers now.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:54   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Yes exactly the point I was trying to make that he is not the Only one and his father acts like that way.

That whole lane has a number of seat makers now.
His rates are also weird, I once went to him ages ago to replace 2 springs for front seat ,he said it will be 800 /- ....
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 17:10   #111

As far I have experienced RE Thunderbird has one of the most comfortable seat around, the suspension on the bike is also great, encourages travelling for longer distances with fewer stops. But the seat for pillion with the pillion footrest set a bit back feel a bit cramped but the suspension still steals for the comfort otherwise.
Old 26th June 2017, 16:43   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2ride View Post
As far I have experienced RE Thunderbird has one of the most comfortable seat around, the suspension on the bike is also great, encourages travelling for longer distances with fewer stops. But the seat for pillion with the pillion footrest set a bit back feel a bit cramped but the suspension still steals for the comfort otherwise.
Hi Guys

I have a TB350 (2016)
the rear seat is so bad that the posterior will be absent if seated for more than 20 mins.
Any idea if I can get the rear seat a bit more comfy to use?
thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 11:53   #113
BHPian

A related, shorter thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...k-comfort.html
Old 7th December 2017, 01:18   #114
Senior - BHPian

Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles

Wanted to run it by the folks here before I take the plunge. There seems to be a new player offering air cushion for motorcycle seats for a bargain (preorder at ₹1299). Is this too good to be true?
Would love to hear from owners of ride-on-air.

Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-imageuploadedbyteambhp1512589613.575089.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-imageuploadedbyteambhp1512589631.939052.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-imageuploadedbyteambhp1512589640.343258.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-imageuploadedbyteambhp1512589649.477476.jpg

Here is the campaign link:
https://www.fueladream.com/home/campaign/2230

Last edited by shyn : 7th December 2017 at 01:19.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 13:48   #115
BHPian

I ride 137 kms to and fro in my bullet to work. The seat cushion after bearing my weight for more than 7 years was compressed and was giving me a hell of a seat time experience especially during the last couple of kms. So went ahead and experimented on gel pads.

Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-zero.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-one.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-two.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-three.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-four.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-five.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-six.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-seven.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-eight.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-nine.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-ten.jpg
Most Uncomfortable & Most Comfortable seats - Indian motorcycles-eleven.jpg

Vibrations have reduced to a great extend and comfort is much better than stock seat material.

Last edited by adrian : 28th April 2018 at 13:50.
adrian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 14:47   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
...So went ahead and experimented on gel pads.

...Vibrations have reduced to a great extend and comfort is much better than stock seat material.

Great to hear such positive feedback after your trials. Good of you to upload very detailed pics too. Could you let me know where to source the gel pads?

While I can use the Fego Float or any other such solutions for the riders seat on my Himalayan, the pillion seat (though among the best for comfort presently, I gather) would need a custom job.
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 19:48   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Great est for comfort presently, I gather) would need a custom job.
I bought it from Amazon India.

https://www.amazon.in/Large-Enfield-...otorcycle+seat

The gel pad as a standalone material will give you no comfort. So the method of engraving your existing foam and installing it won't give comfort like the way you do an external seat cushion pairing the gel pad with a thin memory foam. Don't customize your original seat... the gel pad is not worth it. Use it as a strap on cushion.

regards Arun
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2018, 14:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

Best is KHAJANCHI at Karol Baugh Delhi,,Unimaginable rates of Full ,brand new seats ,door delivery..visit his showroom on U tube,You will all forget that so called MASTER IMRAN.
Old 30th April 2018, 08:16   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
I bought it from Amazon India.

Don't customize your original seat... the gel pad is not worth it. Use it as a strap on cushion.
Many thanks for the pointers & the link, Arun! This could be just the right solution I was looking for as far the pillion seat goes. I'll be ordering this and getting velcro fastener straps added to the cover which will be made for it.

Thanks again & safe, comfy rides!

- Sanjeev
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 22:53   #120
BHPian

Technically a good seat will have right cushioning, be wide to spread the weight on a broader surface, will match the contour of the rider's butt, is breathable and possess good grip.

Aesthetically the seat should match the motorcycle overall design and character.

In my experience, in budget segment, Bajaj avenger has a very comfortable rider seat, followed by RE Thunderbird.

Most Viewed