Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 05:41   #16
BHPian

Re: My Honda Twister, Grey colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Congrats on your purchase.

Last week I purchased the Twister, White color.
Price: 61k, Got some free accessories from KUN Honda (buzzer, saree guard, crash guard)

I have few questions which I thought of getting some suggestions from Tbhpians.

1. In idling the bike doesn't turn off, however during 2nd or 3rd gear it turns off, many times it happened. The service guy told that it will be like this only in the initial period. Is this true ?
2. The gear lever is very troublesome when engaging from higher to lower. My shoe is getting a black spot because of that bush. Any suggestions on this ?
3. Planning to replace the Head light and speedometer bulb.
Hi Gopinathan,
Congrats on the purchase.
1. Bike idling - never had any such issue from day 1, please check with your serive guy and if necessary change the service centre. I have only completed my second sevice on the bike and both 1st and 2nd service are from different centres as I moved my residence. Im not sure where you live, I found the service on Hosur road (after silk board) to be good.
2. Initially I had gear slip when engaging say 2nd to 3rd and I did mention to service centre guys on 1st service. Im not sure whether this was rectified or I got used to the bike the way it is. Having said that this bike no where near the smooth gear shifts as in Avenger or Samurai.
3. I found the headlight to be quiet adequate and better than many bikes and so mine is on stock!

Whenever I ride the bike I miss that '5th gear' apart from that I like the way it is and get a good mileage around 65!

Happy motoring
Old 31st May 2012, 09:46   #17
BHPian

Re: My Honda Twister, Grey colour

Thanks for your suggestions. I ve done 500 km and due for 1st. Service, will inform the issues to them. Right now i am getting mileage around 60, hope it will improve after the service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks