Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 16:50   #16
BHPian

Re: New Honda Dio launched

My sister just bought the new DIO (grey - which is actually almost black). Cost her 52K with all accessories... Tried it out and my comparisons are mostly with the new Activa we bought a few months ago...
1. Activa's seating is much more comfortable (dio's seats are harder and back hurts with sustained riding)
2. The front design is much more angular now, I think the older dio was much better on this front.
3. The new dio looks much more bulkier and is comparable to activa in size and all.
4. The accessories (front guard) is not available in black and the chrome ones look ugly on dio.

Over all I would favor the new active over dio any day.

p.s. Someone needs to shoot the guy who designed the font in which the name "dio" was written on the scooter. It looks like anything but "dio"
Bazinga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 16:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Honda updated its scooter range:

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...r-range/15387/

Quote:
With demand for scooters on a high, Honda who has been the undisputed king of the scooter segment needed to up their ante as other manufactures started to pitch in with their range of new scooters. To counter their rivals and as parts of its update to the 2013 range, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) added technical updates to its automatic scooter portfolio presenting a new fuel efficient 109cc engine for the popular Activa, Dio and the Aviator. The Activa will now feature Honda Eco Technology (HET) which will help the scooter in producing 8.15PS @ 7,500rpm and torque figure of 8.74Nm @ 5,500rpm.

Honda claims with the HET technology the Activa will have an efficiency figure of 60kmpl (claimed) and also improve the scooters torque delivery in the low to mid range for better commuting. Not to forget, we assume the new motor should also boast reduced emissions. Apart from the improved efficiency the scooter will now be available in a new shade of wild purple metallic added to the existing four colour options. The new Activa is priced at Rs 47,188 (ex-showroom Delhi).

Honda has also added a new colour to the Aviator’s portfolio and it will be offered in a new shade of royal gold metallic in additional to the existing three shades. The HET powered Aviator returning an efficiency of 60kmpl (claimed) has been priced at Rs 48,212 for the standard variant and Rs 53,531 for the deluxe version; both prices are ex-showroom Delhi. Honda also added the HET technology to its recently upgraded scooter Dio and the 109cc engine now develops 8.1PS of power and a claimed efficiency figure of 60kmpl. The Japanese two-wheeler major also added a new shade of pearl trance yellow to its youth-centric scooter and has priced it at Rs 44,701 (ex-showroom Delhi).
Old 24th January 2013, 22:03   #18
BHPian

Well to be fair, Dio is a trend setter or mostly taken by college going kids and youngsters while the Activa due to its more composed looks and seating position is preferred by everybody else.

The most significant problems that I faced or rather I am still facing with my Dio(The very first single color tone model) is that the front head light assembly is too heavy for the fibre body to handle.

Eventually the small screws below the head lamp assembly break because of our bad riding conditions.

I was hoping that they will do something about it, however it seems they have done the complete opposite when you look at the over large sized that this new design has.

I am wondering how much more they want to make just selling frontal spares on this scooter.

Regards,

Saket Kale.
Old 25th January 2013, 08:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
The most significant problems that I faced or rather I am still facing with my Dio(The very first single color tone model) is that the front head light assembly is too heavy for the fibre body to handle.Eventually the small screws below the head lamp assembly break because of our bad riding conditions.
Thats the disadvantage of not having the headlight assembly on the turn handle and having it on the body. Frankly I am not too impressed with the headlight arrangment in the new Dio. Prefer the Activa/Aviator for the same.
If the screws break, does the headlight assembly then come loose or wobble?
Old 25th January 2013, 10:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats the disadvantage of not having the headlight assembly on the turn handle and having it on the body. Frankly I am not too impressed with the headlight arrangment in the new Dio. Prefer the Activa/Aviator for the same.
If the screws break, does the headlight assembly then come loose or wobble?
The screws which hold the head light assembly in the DIO are very small or seem to be rather useless in comparison to what they are supposed to hold.

They will most probably break off even with a minor accident.

Once that happens, the head light constantly wobbles and when the vehicle goes through a rough patch there is a loud noise which sometimes makes people around me look for what fell down.

They should have at least taken care of this issue in their new design, but it seems they have made it worse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks