Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2012, 10:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm

Here's one I had designed and fabricated for my LB500.

Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm-rev-cone-meg-proto.jpg
Old 17th May 2012, 20:31   #92
Senior - BHPian

Some more snaps and i have put original RE sticker on mudguard

Name:  ForumRunner_20120517_203051.png
Views: 3615
Size:  414.6 KB
Attached Images

Old 30th May 2012, 09:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

I have purchased white light lamp Philips diamond vision 5000k for my DS500 and installed too, it really looks fantastic, they costed me 1000k
I have to procure a white parking light to replace the yellow light, also fitted white parking lights but they are very dim.
Will search for a better parking light in the market
Old 30th May 2012, 13:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I have purchased white light lamp Philips diamond vision 5000k for my DS500 and installed too, it really looks fantastic, they costed me 1000k
I have to procure a white parking light to replace the yellow light, also fitted white parking lights but they are very dim.
Will search for a better parking light in the market
Some snaps to add on to the taste
Attached Thumbnails
Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm-30.05.2012-1.jpg  

Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm-30.05.2012-3.jpg  

Old 1st June 2012, 16:20   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pictures there Ruchir. Your DS looks hot with those minor mods.

The megaphone exhaust looks so different from regular exhaust. Does it come in black color or you painted it black? Btw, would you mind posting a video of the thump it produces? it would be interesting to hear its note
Old 1st June 2012, 16:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Great pictures there Ruchir. Your DS looks hot with those minor mods.

The megaphone exhaust looks so different from regular exhaust. Does it come in black color or you painted it black? Btw, would you mind posting a video of the thump it produces? it would be interesting to hear its note
Yes, it does come in black and the thump is definitely better over any exhaust. it is even better than my earlier procurement Monster. will try to post the video over the weekend

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 1st June 2012 at 16:48.
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:10   #97
Senior - BHPian

Snaps of my desert monster during light, the main headlight is white light which dissipates around 5000k with supporting white parking lights
Attached Thumbnails
Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm-20120531_214923.jpg  

Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm-20120531_214935.jpg  

Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm-20120531_215003.jpg  

ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 08:51   #98
Senior - BHPian

I got an update yesterday that RE is again doing a ECU remapping of all the enfield models, this one is more towards misfiring issues. they will give a call to confirm when it will be done
Old 6th June 2012, 10:44   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I got an update yesterday that RE is again doing a ECU remapping of all the enfield models, this one is more towards misfiring issues. they will give a call to confirm when it will be done
Just checked the validity of above from engineer at RE Chennai. He said that remapping has been done once before and customers who have the old maps can get their bikes remapped. RE is NOT doing any new remapping again.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:45   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Just checked the validity of above from engineer at RE Chennai. He said that remapping has been done once before and customers who have the old maps can get their bikes remapped. RE is NOT doing any new remapping again.
Yup i did that, since there was an earlier update on post june 2011 motorcycles but they confirmed that there is a latest one. let me check once they give me a call
Old 12th June 2012, 09:18   #101
Senior - BHPian

Just an update on my DS500, bike is going good at ODO 3k but the paint finish is really poor and that too at the cost of paying a premium of around 7k for this color.

The color is getting roughened up at some places even with minor hold ups and touching, my earlier TB never had such issues,
I could not fathom that after paying a premium will a customer get this quality?
Old 3rd July 2012, 16:51   #102
BHPian

Calling out to all the Royal Enfield gurus out there for some inputs about the Royal enfield classic desert storm.Just booked the bike last week,since this is my first royal enfield bike i really dont have much knowledge about it.Any inputs here to make a great bike better will be really appreciated.Any particular changes required to the stock bike? like change of tires or a handle bar or may be bigger rims. I was also thinking about an upswept exhaust since i live in the jungles and the roads arent that great.
Old 4th July 2012, 01:19   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Perhaps they have improved this but on my 2011 500cc fuel injected UCE I found several places where some of the branches of wires coming out of the wiring harness were passing very close to, or touching the sharp metal edges of the sidecovers or other sharp areas on the frame.
These branches on my harness are protected only with black plastic electrical tape which gives no real protection at all.

To improve this situation I bought a short length of 8mm and 10mm vinyl hose.
Cutting an appropriate length to fit each problem area I then slit the piece from end to end, opened it up and stuffed the wire branch inside of it.

The pieces of vinyl hose have prevented any abrasion to the wiring at each potential trouble area.

During the break in period the motorcycle will have some very notable vibration which seems to diminish as the distance covered increases.
I mention this because it is especially important to check all of the nuts and bolts during this period to make sure they have not loosened.

If you find fasteners which became loose, buying some medium strength thread locking fluid like Loc-Tite (blue) and applying it to the threads before tightening them is well worth the expense and effort.

Beyond that, just follow the break in guidelines in the Owners Manual, be sure to get a oil and filter change at 500 km (there will be a lot of metal fragments in the oil by that time), occasionally check the tyre pressure and enjoy your new motorcycle.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 12:36   #104
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon is up and my DS is down with severe rusting at places, its near the saree guard courtesy Saddle bags straps and after market silencer.
Should i remove them or put some anti rust applicants?

Bike is going good at ODO 3800 km, bike is going good only the need of a high handlebar is what i am looking for

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 14th July 2012 at 12:37.
Old 25th July 2012, 11:12   #105
Senior - BHPian

some inputs from my enfield friends, i had came across the below link of panniers which looks super cool, can i get some experience of real pros and cons

Hotdeal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks