Team-BHP - Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Felt like an Emperor - My Classic Desert Storm (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/115292-felt-like-emperor-my-classic-desert-storm.html)

Hi friends,

This is my ownership thread for my new Classic 500 Desert storm which i bought yesterday i.e. on 03rd Feb

This was one feeling for which i was waiting from the date of booking on 13th october, 2011
I got a call in November and then in December to take the bike but due to greed of owning a 2012 model, i waited so long and had to pay an additional price of 5400 for this :deadhorse

I was in touch with the RE guys and they told me to pick the bike on 3rd February, since there was another DS in the way, I had a choice between the two

First thing i did was to carry the PDI list with me along with a Photograph and Passport copy, I had already paid the full amount by cheque so no worries on that part. I had closely absorbed both the DS and found there was a minor dent on the front mudgaurd of the just arrived model along with one more finding that there was little space between the front forks and the mudguard wherein the earlier model has some minor paints left below the toolbox,

I opted for the earlier standing model which had the single seat and RE offroader exhaust, they sent DS to the workstation to get the default exhaust and pillon seat fitment,
After and hour or so of wait and all paper formalities I got hold of my DesertStorm 500,

Its really amazing to drive the 500cc horse overcoming my 350cc Thunderbird days where i used to feel sitting on a backseat like a sofa and DS looked like i am sitting on a high platform,
Filled the petrol tank and got the air pressure checked on the way,
The real test was at home with my wifey and mom who were not happy with the idea of selling my TB,

But when they saw DS, I was really happy to see that they really appreciated the looks of DS and told me its a good choice.
Thanks RE for the DS because my earlier TB was a stunner too with some good modifications and competing that is a good work :D

Will post Pics soon

Posting some of the snaps

Now after the possession I have planned for the following things:

1. To remove the Pillon Seat in a weeks time
2. To get a megaphone or monster exhaust replaced from Sans (Still confused between megaphone and monster as to which one is better and loud) after the first service
3. To get white light bulb for the two parking lights (has to explore)
4. To fit the crashguard, i am searching my old TB single rod crashguard in my store, if not found I had to settle down with the butterfly guard

Few Niggles observed

1. The light switch looks loose, at times the light remains ON even when the switch is OFF, Have to get it checked
2. The paint below the toolbox needs touch Up
3. To adjust the mudguard space to be even for the forks so that they should not brush against it
4. The Silencer was golden brown from the day one :(

Let me be the first one to congratulate you. The DS is one handsome looking bull with a very unique color that I think can look good only on a bullet.

Happy Thumping and do post some outdoor snaps. The pics are not doing justice to this lovely machine :)

Congratulations. It's raining bullets on the forum and off-forum too as many friends I know are buying it too.

DS is a unique looking bullet and i am sure you will cherish this limited edition BULL for many years to come.

Btw, I can see that you too like me are smitten by its brutal power:)

Is the exhaust golden color at the bend-pipe or near the tip? Any picture? Whatever is the case, please insist the dealer to replace it. I fought with my dealer when it happened and I am getting it replaced in a couple of weeks

Look forward to some better quality pictures soon and keep updating this ownership report

Enjoy & Ride Safe !!!

Many congratulations ruchirtnt. :)

I have also booked a Desert Storm and the bike is expected to be delivered by May so I will be surely keeping a close eye on this thread. The color looks absolutely stunning.

Congratulations again and ride safe !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 (Post 2669532)
Happy Thumping and do post some outdoor snaps. The pics are not doing justice to this lovely machine :)

I will surely do so once i am out on some move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2669623)
Is the exhaust golden color at the bend-pipe or near the tip

It is at the tip, i think it is Cat Con, I had a word with RE guy today and he told me it is absolutely normal and no issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 2669649)
I have also booked a Desert Storm and the bike is expected to be delivered by May so I will be surely keeping a close eye on this thread.

This is one unique color, I had already seen the Chrome maroon earlier which attracted me a lot, but as per my theory since i already owned a Red Silver TB anniversary edition, I did not went for it
But I was confused for chrome black and when I saw it yesterday in blood & flesh got doubly sure that DS is one for me :D

Thanks to you all. We will carry on some good things ahead for all.

Congratulations on your ride. Probably the only color i like on the Bullet. In a lighter vein , golden brown exhaust will compliment the color even further. But jokes apart , bring it to immediate notice off the dealer so he knows the problem right from the onset. Ride Safe.

Thanks @bigron

In addition to the given four points:
1. To remove the Pillon Seat in a weeks time
2. To get a megaphone or monster exhaust replaced from Sans (Still confused between megaphone and monster as to which one is better and loud) after the first service
3. To get white light bulb for the two parking lights (has to explore)
4. To fit the crashguard, i am searching my old TB single rod crashguard in my store, if not found I had to settle down with the butterfly guard
5. One more addition in my bull will be to get Left hand stay and remove Saree guard once the pillon seat is removed, they do not have the stock of the same as of now, have to wait for it.
6. I will procure a RE sticker to be pasted in the rearguard once the pillon seat is gone :)

Congrats. The DS looks retro and cool. The hood on the headlamps just adds to the character. The off roader exhaust would look good on the DS with just a rider saddle. Enjoy your ride.

Thanks @Leistung

I have observed one issue with Light ON & OFF switch, the knob has to be pressed somewhat with mild pressure to close the light otherwise the parking lamps remains ON,
do i have to get the assembly replaced?
I bought it to the notice of the RE and they told me to fix it.

I was searching for my old single rod silencer but did not find it, I had to settle with the butterfly silencer only, IMHO single rod will look more graceful but is not safe as compared to others.

I drove bike for around 90 km yesterday and found that the handle bars are really a little stress for me being a tall guy, I will observe some more kms to come before changing it.

Congratulations on the purchase, Ruchirtnt.

I would be suggestive that you keep the stock silencer till the Run In period is complete and plan for a change after that.

If you are not apprehensive on disclosing the OTR price, may I ask you the landing price for the bull, as I am contemplating on buying one.

Happy Motoring !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 2671179)
Congratulations on the purchase, Ruchirtnt.

I would be suggestive that you keep the stock silencer till the Run In period is complete and plan for a change after that.

If you are not apprehensive on disclosing the OTR price, may I ask you the landing price for the bull, as I am contemplating on buying one.

Happy Motoring !!

Nothing of that sort at all, I can disclose all the pricing details since this forum is to help with as much information as possible

Ex showroom: 145200
Insurance: 3617
RTO: 10674

Total OTR: 159491

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 2671278)
Ex showroom: 145200
Insurance: 3617
RTO: 10674

Total OTR: 159491

Looks like you got it pre-2012 pricing or is it cheaper up north?

My MM costed me 163.XX Lakhs when I took delivery in Dec-2011

When I went for my 1st service last week, prices have been jacked up by 5K. Now it costs 168.XX Lakhs

Mods, Please remove the thread written above
I have requested Administrator to do the same

@mobike008, the price of your MM is the same in my place as well, the Classic chrome is around 9000 more than DS and costs around 168.XX here as well but there are differences due to RTO in different parts of North too like Chandigarh and Haryana where Road tax is less

I have added butterfly crash guard in my desert storm 500 yesterday, this is the first accessory in my RE, it costed me 675 from the RE service station itself :)