Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2006, 19:37   #1
BHPian

Hey bike maniacs...PLS HELP ME OUT!!!

hey guys i am plannin to take an used pulsar 180...any suggestions??? i wanna knw wat all common probs r found in an used pulsar 180?and also..i am abt to put in an xtra 10k for modifyin(like new black one+chamber n all)...pls tell me wat all to do...to make the ike a HOT ONE.......thnx in advance....

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by ported_head : 23rd March 2006 at 20:48.
Old 22nd March 2006, 19:43   #2
BHPian

The gear box would be one thing to look at.. Always known for its problems..
Old 22nd March 2006, 20:19   #3
BHPian

hey dud 4get a chamber. chambers are only for tqo strokes. if u want a performance silncer on a 4stroke bike ul hav to get urself a tuned exhaust. the gear box on the classic 180 was real bad. ul hav to do something called clutch porting to improve gearshifts. i dont belive in modding looks. i tink wolf in sheeps clothing is wat u should be looking at.
Old 22nd March 2006, 20:23   #4
BHPian

what is "clutch porting"......
Old 23rd March 2006, 20:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
hey dud 4get a chamber. chambers are only for tqo strokes. if u want a performance silncer on a 4stroke bike ul hav to get urself a tuned exhaust. the gear box on the classic 180 was real bad. ul hav to do something called clutch porting to improve gearshifts. i dont belive in modding looks. i tink wolf in sheeps clothing is wat u should be looking at.
thnx man for the suggestion...and how much wil tht clutch portin cost...and tell me wat u guys do to make a bike cool one....i am not tht informative in this field.thts y....
Old 23rd March 2006, 21:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

@cinclaturbo: maybe he means the aftermarket modification where the space between the clutch/pressure plates and bell housing is spaced out a li'l farther for proper oil circulation- the 180's are notorious for false neutrals and mis-shifts due to THIS ONE FACTOR- lack of proper lubrication to the clutch, which eventually fries up the clutch and screws up the shifts....

as for the bike; swaroop, try to get a 04' model 180 dts-i type 1, the one without the alloys; the best 180 till date. for performance, try richening the carb jet, put a k&n filter, and add a free-flow (tuned-length) exhaust. if you want MORE power, you could also try cam profiling. however, re-sprocketing alongwith a free-flow intake/exhaust should be good enough- as it is, the bike is capable of 130 kmph with ease; with the above said mods, you COULD see it doing 135-140 on a straight stretch. also, try to source the new 180's gas-charged dampers (shock-absorbers); it'll be far more pleasing to ride.
Old 23rd March 2006, 21:35   #7
BHPian

[quote=veyron1]@cinclaturbo: maybe he means the aftermarket modification where the space between the clutch/pressure plates and bell housing is spaced out a li'l farther for proper oil circulation- the 180's are notorious for false neutrals and mis-shifts due to THIS ONE FACTOR- lack of proper lubrication to the clutch, which eventually fries up the clutch and screws up the shifts....
hey thats what i meant... this is 1 thing that is compulsory for the180 classic.
Old 24th March 2006, 02:37   #8
BHPian

Hey!

Where can you get a cam profile change done? I need a cam profile change for the CBF150.
Old 25th March 2006, 20:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
@cinclaturbo: maybe he means the aftermarket modification where the space between the clutch/pressure plates and bell housing is spaced out a li'l farther for proper oil circulation- the 180's are notorious for false neutrals and mis-shifts due to THIS ONE FACTOR- lack of proper lubrication to the clutch, which eventually fries up the clutch and screws up the shifts....

as for the bike; swaroop, try to get a 04' model 180 dts-i type 1, the one without the alloys; the best 180 till date. for performance, try richening the carb jet, put a k&n filter, and add a free-flow (tuned-length) exhaust. if you want MORE power, you could also try cam profiling. however, re-sprocketing alongwith a free-flow intake/exhaust should be good enough- as it is, the bike is capable of 130 kmph with ease; with the above said mods, you COULD see it doing 135-140 on a straight stretch. also, try to source the new 180's gas-charged dampers (shock-absorbers); it'll be far more pleasing to ride.
thnx man...more suggestions r invited....
Old 30th March 2006, 19:01   #10
BHPian

Hey Veyron1...Can you please elaborate on the term "FREE FLOWING EXHAUST WITH TUNED LENGTH"?

I always thought only 2-strokes had free flowing exhausts which can boost performance. The 4-strokes make more noise and burn the exhaust valves/ports a lot more.
Old 31st March 2006, 19:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

@turbo_v12: well, a tuned length free-flow exhaust is used in four strokes, whereas expansion chambers are used in 2-strokes. in four strokes, the exhaust can be made slightly free-flowing by changing the internals of the exhaust end-can, and matching the header pipe and end can inner dia with the exhaust port. now, you can either change the end can completely, or do up your existing end can (what we call as mufflers in cars), but the key technique is to retain a certain amount of back pressure. free-flow exhausts in four strokes don't necessarily have to be "noisy"; only "bonga" silencers do that to the bikes. noise can be curbed to an extent by coating the inner pipe of the end can with wool/hitlon or other insulative materials, still retaining the flow direction.

that's as easy as i can put it; i'm sure a tuner can explain it in detail for you. the important thing to remember is that all those "noisy bonga-silencers" available in the aftermarket aren't exactly free-flows; they DO fry up your exhaust valves, and if left unnoticed, could cause fried piston rings too. tuned free-flows for four strokes usually have a single pipe with the same inner dia as the exhaust port, running the length of the entire "silencer", or less.

and how could you think that only two strokes use free-flow, turbo v12? don't you see car owners raving about automech free flows and the likes...?
Old 5th April 2006, 10:05   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
and how could you think that only two strokes use free-flow, turbo v12? don't you see car owners raving about automech free flows and the likes...?
Well (**goes red in the face and says**)

This is the Motorbikes section...so I was talking about bikes...

Anyway, thanks for the explanation...makes a lot more sense to me now.
Old 5th April 2006, 22:48   #13
BHPian

u can drill holes in the clutch bell it helps the gear box problem and also makes the clutch much better.... den u can port it n all the oder stuff

Last edited by SkiN46 : 5th April 2006 at 22:49.
Old 5th April 2006, 23:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Try getting imported imported Fibre clutch plates. Also try the Iridium Sparks. Cost around 750 RS. Try the exhausts from PROTON chennai (2000rs) or Tecrac race tested exhaust.(Rs 3000 )
Old 7th April 2006, 20:17   #15
BHPian

thnx buddy!thnx reply.more

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks