Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 11:57   #31
BHPian

re: The Yamaha R15 2.0 Ownership Report. Update: 30,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
You know what, i just did call. The person from the spares and accessories department hasn't even heard about it yet. I gave him the Code you mentioned, hopefully he will place an order for the same
Wonderful

Try other showrooms too.
Old 7th February 2012, 13:53   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post

Part Number : Y6ATPR15CB11
Price : 415 INR
They have reduced prices. That tank-pad used to retail for Rs. 700.

In case you have seen the earlier pads, are both the same (quality wise)?
Old 7th February 2012, 14:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

The image shown above is a different tank pad.
The one i saw in Mumbai - Factory shop was different.

The Yamaha R15 2.0 Ownership Report. Update: 30,000 kms-tank-pad.jpg
Old 7th February 2012, 14:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:

I have not seen the previous one although this one looked top notch in terms of quality. For 400, it looked like a steal. I loved the hard molded shape which just fits the R15 tank perfectly.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:09   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have not seen the previous one although this one looked top notch in terms of quality. For 400, it looked like a steal. I loved the hard molded shape which just fits the R15 tank perfectly.
Yes, this used to retail for INR 700, so that indeed makes it a steal.

@parrys - I never saw that as an OE accessory in the leaflet, hence can't comment & frankly didn't like it.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this used to retail for INR 700, so that indeed makes it a steal.

@parrys - I never saw that as an OE accessory in the leaflet, hence can't comment & frankly didn't like it.
Even i hated it.
And they had a grey and black one in stock which would not suit my black bike.

So my tank paint is just fading away day by day.

I hope i get that other tank pad (which abhisheksircar has put up) soon.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey I am thinking of upgrading my Splendor to R15 V2. I am short (5'5) and not sure if I would be able to manage it. I took a test ride and found it ok for my height but then the handle bar is low and I found it a bit awkward, may be its matter of getting used to.

It would be primarily my weekend bike for going to nearby places (50-80km) as fun rides. Do you think, it would be a good choice for me ?
Old 7th February 2012, 14:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Hey I am thinking of upgrading my Splendor to R15 V2. I am short (5'5) and not sure if I would be able to manage it. I took a test ride and found it ok for my height but then the handle bar is low and I found it a bit awkward, may be its matter of getting used to.

It would be primarily my weekend bike for going to nearby places (50-80km) as fun rides. Do you think, it would be a good choice for me ?
The moment you say "fun" this fits in perfectly. But I must add, it's fun as long as you are riding it alone. Not something that I personal enjoy with a pillion. 5'5", I agree you have to bend down a little more to reach out and that can be uncomfortable till you get used to it.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well, it surely is a big leap in terms of upgrade.

And getting used to is a valid point. I myself am around 5'7.5 in height and touch my toes and not the entire feet flat when on the bike. it differs in which angle you like to stand when at a halt.

If you have taken a test ride and if you think it was comfortable you can surely go for it.
But just to notify you, a small test run is way different from actually owning it. Since you own a Splendor - the complete riding dynamics are going to change for you, from basic commuting to performance oriented riding posture.

Try taking another test run if possible. If any of your friends have a R15, try riding it for a good 20-30 kms and check if you surely want to own it.

If yes, there is nothing like it.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, it surely is a big leap in terms of upgrade.

And getting used to is a valid point. I myself am around 5'7.5 in height and touch my toes and not the entire feet flat when on the bike. it differs in which angle you like to stand when at a halt.

If you have taken a test ride and if you think it was comfortable you can surely go for it.
But just to notify you, a small test run is way different from actually owning it. Since you own a Splendor - the complete riding dynamics are going to change for you, from basic commuting to performance oriented riding posture.

Try taking another test run if possible. If any of your friends have a R15, try riding it for a good 20-30 kms and check if you surely want to own it.

If yes, there is nothing like it.
I wonder how was I able to touch my feet then . The FZ seat is low but then the shape of the tank is a bit weird and it did nervous when I started my test ride. But man, the engine was super smooth as compared to Splendor.

I would hunt if any of my friends has a R15 and would try and ride it for some time.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder how was I able to touch my feet then . The FZ seat is low but then the shape of the tank is a bit weird and it did nervous when I started my test ride. But man, the engine was super smooth as compared to Splendor.

I would hunt if any of my friends has a R15 and would try and ride it for some time.
I guess I have short legs and a bigger torso then :P

Well, I agree that the tank on the FZ is big for you to get used to after you have been using a flatter tank structure on the Splendor. But the FZ is a good bike too, you can even consider it as an option. The short fun rides you mentioned, is it going to be a solo ride or with a pillion?

On the FZ I personally have never been comfortable on the rear seat. And on the R15 2.0 - the rear seat comfort is just out of question. So if it is meant just for you, both the bikes shall serve well. And in case you just want a bike which has a fairing - you can even opt for the Fazer.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess I have short legs and a bigger torso then :P

Well, I agree that the tank on the FZ is big for you to get used to after you have been using a flatter tank structure on the Splendor. But the FZ is a good bike too, you can even consider it as an option. The short fun rides you mentioned, is it going to be a solo ride or with a pillion?

On the FZ I personally have never been comfortable on the rear seat. And on the R15 2.0 - the rear seat comfort is just out of question. So if it is meant just for you, both the bikes shall serve well. And in case you just want a bike which has a fairing - you can even opt for the Fazer.
I liked FZ as well. Somehow, I never liked Fazer, no offense, but I feel it looks as a forced design to pick some numbers in sales. To me, its really ugly. FZ and R15 are much clean designs.

I would be doing solo rides so back seat is not an issue. I have a Scooty as well to take my wifey on short rides and mostly I would be using my car for long drives.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I liked FZ as well. Somehow, I never liked Fazer, no offense, but I feel it looks as a forced design to pick some numbers in sales. To me, its really ugly. FZ and R15 are much clean designs.

I would be doing solo rides so back seat is not an issue. I have a Scooty as well to take my wifey on short rides and mostly I would be using my car for long drives.
Try riding the bike you prefer from these a little more, and I will also keep updating this thread on whatever I notice about "me on my R15".

May be you will also have to buy another Moped to take your wife out after you buy the R15
Old 8th February 2012, 10:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

@ Parrys

Congratulations on your R15. Looks really neat.

I am on the verge of getting a new bike for myself and am confused between the R15 2.0 and CBR 250. Now I have my eyes on the Pulsar 200NS as well. I noticed in the pictures that one of your friends have a CBR. How does the R15 perform against it ? Is there a huge difference in performance between the two ? Please do let me know.
Old 8th February 2012, 10:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wonderful

Try other showrooms too.
I got the tank pad.

Thank you for the suggestion. Looks very good, I also think since this is made of a hard quality plastic (as compared to others) - this shall last longer. But i got it for Rs.628.

The mechanic at the dealer showroom has stuck it almost 5-10mm on the left which i can notice when i run my fingers around the edges. But a friend of mine suggested that its not noticeable and I should just let it be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks