Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 12:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Harassment at the hands of HeroMotocorp's dealership for Insurance

I am trying to renew the insurance policy of my wife's vehicle and its unbelievable that I get showed so much attitude by the Hero Motocorp dealers.

I have been calling Hero dealer at Chrompet (Srinivasa Automobiles) for last week asking them for renewal and they have been responding that the system is not up (still dont get what that means). My vehicle's insurance gets expired by 16th of this month and they are not sure if they would be able to renew by then

Worst part is, Hero Motocorp has some kind of insurance that makes one locked to a dealership. Meaning, even if the insurance is given with Tata AIG, you can renew only at the dealership not Tata AIG office.

Now they are asking me to come check everyday (I have to take permission from office as they work on weekdays only given saturday is out) to see if I can pay my insurance.

I am shocked on how they have locked the customers and are not ready to serve them too. Really really frustrating. .

Is there anything that I can do to improve my situation???

Mods: not sure if there is a separate section to discuss on Insurance, thats why have posted this here. Moreover the topic has got to do with how Hero has locked a customer

Last edited by xingamazon : 11th February 2012 at 13:09.
Old 11th February 2012, 13:33   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Harassment at the hands of HeroMotocorp's dealership for Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

I guess you can very well change your insurance company.My Ritz was insured through the dealer(not United India) but then i got it changed to United India before the validity period got over.Same story for my Pulsar as it got transferred from Manipal to Muzaffarpur to Delhi to MHOW and back to Manipal.Experts,kindly throw some light on this.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 11th February 2012 at 13:35.
Old 11th February 2012, 13:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No big deal! Just login into Insurance providers like ICICI or BAJAJ allianz's website who have a full fledged online portal and get your policy renewed online from them.

There's absolutely no paper work involved and the entire process can be completed in less than 15 minutes.

I have done that more than twice (switching between Insurance providers) and the entire process is hassle free. What's more? Even your NCB gets transferred to the new policy!

IMO, No Manufacturer can impose such a condition. It is your right to get your vehicle insured from your preferred Insurance provider. If they continue to harass, you may even consider writing to IRDA.

BTW does your policy state something to that effect? That dealer only renewal thingy?

Please take note that you would have to do this well before your current policy expires.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 11th February 2012 at 13:52.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 14:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
No big deal! Just login into Insurance providers like ICICI or BAJAJ allianz's website who have a full fledged online portal and get your policy renewed online from them.

There's absolutely no paper work involved and the entire process can be completed in less than 15 minutes.

I have done that more than twice (switching between Insurance providers) and the entire process is hassle free. What's more? Even your NCB gets transferred to the new policy!

IMO, No Manufacturer can impose such a condition. It is your right to get your vehicle insured from your preferred Insurance provider. If they continue to harass, you may even consider writing to IRDA.

BTW does your policy state something to that effect? That dealer only renewal thingy?

Please take note that you would have to do this well before your current policy expires.

Absolutely right. The vehicle insurance sector has the most hassle free portability. You do not have to call the dealer or pursue anyone for that.

The only possible reason why they are insisting you to renew with Tata Aig might be that if your policy has an "add-on" cover of zero depreciation clause. Which can also be transferred to any other insurance provider. In which case also, you are not bound to renew with the dealer or the insurance company who has given you the first insurance.

Before your insurance expires log in to policy bazaar or just google for auto insurance companies near your house and you will get hundreds of calls for renewing with them. Icici and Bajaj Allianz being amongst them as Warwithwheels suggested who provide online insurance. Just look up for their contact number for your city and they will make sure you have the insurance hassle free.

You are absolutely free to renew with any insurance company with your No claim bonus and there is no lock in rule as such tying any customer to compulsorily renew with the dealer or the same insurance company. Any dealer making you sign any kind of contract binding you to renew the insurance with them is supposedly a crime or a case of fraud. It is against the rules of IRDA who is the governing authority for insurance sector.

Just remember in auto insurance sector the customer is the king not the dealer or the insurance provider. As said in earlier message, it is your right to renew the policy wherever you wish.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 15:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks WWW, will surely give it a shot. Dint know that I can in fact buy insurance online. I thought they will ask for me coming with vehicle personally.

But I have a questions, are you sure there would not be any issues with respect to claims etc, just in case if I need it.
How does that work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

Regarding your query, I tried renewing the policy online (its TATA AIG) with no success and also when to Tata AIG dealer, but they said they are not in a position to renew the insurance and I directed me to go to the dealers to do it.
Old 11th February 2012, 15:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I have a questions, are you sure there would not be any issues with respect to claims etc, just in case if I need it.
How does that work?
Well... I haven't really had the necessity to do that. But I'm sure that there shouldn't be any problem with respect to claims, just because your previous Insurance provider was different.

Since you have less than a week left before your current policy expires, I would strongly suggest you to forget TATA AIG and start looking for other better providers ASAP in the online market.

Try out Policybazzar, ICICI Lombard or Bajaj Allianz and generate a proposal as the first step. While going online, please keep your existing policy/RC handy so that you don't have to run around to fill in those mandatory fields.

By generating the proposal online from different service providers, you can pick out the lowest Premium to IDV ratio provider and check for the policy wordings exclusive to that company and get your doubts cleared.

Quote:
Regarding your query, I tried renewing the policy online (its TATA AIG) with no success and also when to Tata AIG dealer, but they said they are not in a position to renew the insurance and I directed me to go to the dealers to do it.
IMO, Not worth pursuing this case with the dealer/ TATA AIG people anymore. Why sweat when you can do it in a much simpler way.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 11th February 2012 at 15:25.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 15:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

WWW and The Great,

Thanks a lot for the help. I dint know the whole process would be so simpler. I have renewed the two wheeler policy online, Chose Bajaj allianz.

Being a regular visitor to TBHP, I was still at a shock that I dint know this fact till date that I can renew the policy online. Your advice was of great help thanks.
xingamazon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 16:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...I have renewed the two wheeler policy online, Chose Bajaj allianz......
That's pretty quick

At times we tend to explore other possible and easier solutions only when we are pushed to a corner. No more running behind the agents with your premium check

I would also like to add that in case you plan to renew your Four Wheeler insurance online, where the premium would be comparatively higher you can squeeze in good discounts and offers by calling up the customer care directly after generating your proposal.

I managed to get free car wash plus waxing coupons plus payment by 6 interest free EMI when I renewed the policy online thru' ICICI Lombard.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 11th February 2012 at 16:33.
Old 11th February 2012, 16:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Motorcycle dealers takes little pain when it comes to insurance as the margin is not much. I was tired of calling Metro motors and Oswal motors to get the insurance renewed but none responded to my call.

I simply renewed it online from reliance and doing the same till now.
Old 11th February 2012, 16:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
How does that work?
Be assured there would be no issues with respect to claims. Vehicle Insurance is a yearly contract agreed upon both the buying and selling party. Hence each year would be treated as separate process for claims in that particular year.

The only advantage that is carried forward is the no claim bonus which increases every unclaimed year. And that can be transferred to any insurance policy where u are renewing.

So since you have renewed your policy the old insurance will be valid till 16th of feb (as u mentioned) and any accident or theft till 16th would be Tata Aigs liability even if you have renewed the policy from another insurer. From the 17th onwards the liability would transfer to the new insurance company where you have renewed.
Old 11th February 2012, 16:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

My Elantra which was insured by HDFC/Chubb (unheard of as an insurer, know they make Safes) was then changed to Tata AIG and have stayed with them. It's easy to change.
Old 18th June 2012, 07:21   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
My Elantra which was insured by HDFC/Chubb (unheard of as an insurer, know they make Safes) was then changed to Tata AIG and have stayed with them. It's easy to change.
The Chubb who make safes is totally different from the Chubb Insurance company.
Old 18th June 2012, 12:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
The Chubb who make safes is totally different from the Chubb Insurance company.
Oh, yeah, didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks