Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 10:11   #1
Team-BHP Support

Suzuki Swish 125

Looks like Suzuki has chosen for a silent launch of its new scooter - the Swish 125. It shares the engine with the Access 125 and will be the more 'stylish' offering of the two.

Suzuki Swish 125-suzukiswish125f.jpg

Qouting from Motoroids website -

Quote:
Just a month back, we reported in detail about Suzuki unveiling its stylish 125 cc gearless scooter at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo. We have always maintained that the Access 125 is one of the more competent scooters out there and the only thing going against it is the bland styling. Now, the good news is that Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt Ltd (SMIPL)’s Swish 125 is now available at the Suzuki 2 wheelers showroom near you. In an unexpected move, the bike manufacturer by-passed the formal launch ceremony and went ahead with delivering Swish 125 scooter to its dealers. Swish 125 is surely youth centric and should target those who shy away from the dull styling of Access 125.
As expected, Swish 125cc puts to use the Access’ 124cc, 4stroke, air cooled, OHC engine that produces 8.5 bhp power and 9.8 Nm torque. As compared with Access, Swish has a larger under seat storage, more stylish instrument panel, an aluminium grab rail and a visually appealing end can cover. This scooter was to come in March 2012 but seems like the news of the new Honda Dio making it to the market resulted in SMIPL hurriedly launching the new scooter. The scooter is retails for Rs. 45,431* in Delhi and Rs. 47,470* in Ahmedabad.
Source -
Suzuki Swish 125 now available at Suzuki showrooms

2012 Suzuki Swish 125 Automatic Scooter now available in showrooms; Priced at INR 45,431, ex-showroom Delhi! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Note -
Suzuki motorcycles website hasn't been updated though. Looks like they took the silent launch concept a bit too seriously.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th February 2012 at 10:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 10:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Swish 125

This is one handsome looking scooter from Suzuki stable. I liked the way it looks : Sporty yet well proportioned.

There was never doubt regarding Access's engine or suspension.
This scooter just needs bit of good promotion (Suzuki is actually worst at that) to be a good seller.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:38   #3
BHPian

Suzuki has amazing capabilities to be a low-key player. It took me a while to know that a scooter called Suzuki Access exists in the market when I first noticed it with a colleague and immediately took it for a short test ride. I loved how smooth and peppy it was. Im sure with some good marketing, it will score over or at-par with the Honda's.

Swish definitely looks very good and should be fun to drive too with the same engine.

This is some good news to the buyers of this segment of two-wheelers.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:49   #4
BHPian

I saw this vehicle yesterday, my plumber owns one. I was thoroughly confused as to what this vehicle was and had to get the details from the plumber.

So much for my bloated ego
Old 17th February 2012, 11:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki must fire its publicity dept, if it has any. It has wonderful vehicles, the GS150R is amazing bike, access is a great gem, but all they focus is the deformed 125cc bike. Hope they advertise this one well.

Swish has the necessary ingredients to be a superb bike, a torquey engine (ride it and you will see what I mean) and good design. I hope it gets its due deserving share of publicity and advertising.

Thanks for the update man. My wife's friend was looking for a scooter a few days ago and I sent her Swish photos. Now I'll tell her it is launched.
Old 17th February 2012, 15:03   #6
BHPian

The Suzuki scooters are brilliant and anyday better than the Honda scoots. Their sales and after service quality is also much better. Here in Bangalore Suzuki scooter sales are on the rise. I even convinced my brother to replace his old Kinetic Honda with the superb Access 125 - though he didnt listen to me until he lost his booking amount at Honda and saw for himself their great customer service and the extremely short waiting period of 6 months !! Go to hell Honda !!
Old 17th February 2012, 23:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Though most here are talking about Suzuki's excellent after sales service, I have heard totally opposite reviews from my bro (Goa) and my friend (Pune) who owns Access 125.

They mainly talk about non availability of spares.

Any one else facing this issue?
Old 17th February 2012, 23:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Though most here are talking about Suzuki's excellent after sales service, I have heard totally opposite reviews from my bro (Goa) and my friend (Pune) who owns Access 125.

They mainly talk about non availability of spares.

Any one else facing this issue?
Not in vadodara. Its all good here. Good service, good technicians, friendly sales staff. Compared that to the activa we had, each service was a disaster. Grumpy technicians, sales staff with overflowing attitude and unwillingness to make a sale and not so friendly atmosphere made it a bad start to the day. No wonder we got rid of activa and still using access 125. Also the FE of both were the same even though 125 is fast and excellent overall. IMO, Activa is too much overrated.

Last edited by chevelle : 17th February 2012 at 23:55.
Old 10th September 2012, 14:43   #9
BHPian

Yesterday I bought Suzuki Swish 125. Test drove Activa, Access, Pleasure, Wego

Positives:
1) Good Pickup
2) Good Suspension(Telescopic)
3) Most flick-able and felt super light
4) Felt more stable at high speed
5) Plastic quality is superb.
6) Comfortable sitting and ride position.
7) Did not have that floating feeling while driving which generally scooters have.

Again its scooter for day to day needs at home. So was not keen on any model when I stepped out of home for buying scooter(didn't even know about Swish). Quick back to back test drives gave thumbs up for Swish 125.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 10th September 2012 at 14:52.
Old 28th November 2012, 15:12   #10
BHPian

I got a white Swish for my dad in July after our earlier workhorse (Honda Activa) was aging though it was in fab condition (running on synthetic oil, iridium plug). My dad wanted the Activa again but I convinced him to believe that the suspension was inferior to Swish and so was the engine displacement.

Very stable and pliant ride with the telescopic shocks giving good feedback. Brakes were a little spongy initially but now bite well as it has covered 1500 kms. Have only issue so far which is still persistent even after 2 services. There is weird noise while giving throttle until 40 kmph but smoothens out after that. Run-in was done with absolute car. Not sure why this noise arises. Anyone out there with a similar experience?
Old 1st December 2012, 09:24   #11
BHPian

hi freinds. i am intersted in buying a swish for my wife. i like all aspects of the bike except the tyres. thye look and feel outdated. i wanted to know whether i can change the tyres to mrf zappers for the same. and has anyone changed and felt the difference. the current tyres on swish which suzuki is selling is quite outdated types. any comments on the same
Old 3rd December 2012, 09:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_supra
hi freinds. i am intersted in buying a swish for my wife. i like all aspects of the bike except the tyres. thye look and feel outdated. i wanted to know whether i can change the tyres to mrf zappers for the same. and has anyone changed and felt the difference. the current tyres on swish which suzuki is selling is quite outdated types. any comments on the same
Hi Sidharth. Of course you can change the tires. Just make sure with the service people about the warranty. Here in bangalore I have seen a few Suzuki scooters with Ceat Secura tires. They should be a bit more grippier than the nylogrips. The ones that come with the Activa are good.
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:42   #13
Team-BHP Support

Suzuki is rumoured to be gearing up to launch an updated version of the Swish 125 cc scooter this month.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2015 at 17:47.
Old 29th January 2015, 19:27   #14
Team-BHP Support

Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched an updated version of the Swish 125 cc scooter at a price of Rs. 56,482 (on-road, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article

The Swish facelift gets new body graphics and blue lens position lamps on both sides of the headlamp.

The refreshed Swish 125 gets features such as a digital meter with service reminder, dual trip meter and clock. The scooter also comes with a maintenance-free battery, tubeless tyres, a steel fender and telescopic fork front suspension. The Swish 125 has an under-seat storage capacity of 20 litres and a fuel tank of 6 litres.

The facelifted Swish uses the same engine as the outgoing model - a 124 cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled unit, producing 8.58 bhp @ 7000 rpm and 9.8 Nm of torque @ 5000 rpm and mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

The scooter is available in four colours - Metallic Sonic Silver/Glass Sparkle Black, Pearl Mirage White, Glass Sparkle Black, and Candy Dark Cherry Red/Glass Sparkle Black.

Suzuki Swish 125-new-suzuki-swish.jpg

Suzuki Swish 125-new-suzuki-swish-side.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 31st January 2015 at 11:38.
Old 29th January 2015, 20:06   #15
BHPian

Maybe it's me, but wouldn't the refreshed version look better without the decals? I had thought that we were past the unnecessary OEM stickering on new vehicles with the era of everything from a Tata Sumo to the hard-working 800 having been through the ugly treatment and back to the nice shiny metal.
I like the new lines on the Swish, gives it quite an aggressive attitude. They probably could've done a little more to continue the lines down to the mudguards as well, IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks