Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:40   #16
BHPian

re: Honda CBR250R 2012 (Facelift) EDIT: Early March launch + price-hike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Just visit the USA website: 2012 CBR250R Overview - Honda Powersports

There you can clearly see two versions of the bike on sale the 2011/2012 CBR, Also the latter costs around 100$ more.

I am yet to find any differences though...
Just checked the website, My question was why 1500 more when it's just a paint job? Also, The 2012 version HRC and Other colors cost same.

Choose the abs version, hit the build button and choose between both HRC and BLACK or RED colors. It still costs $4599. No change at all in the price.

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 22nd February 2012 at 02:42.
Old 22nd February 2012, 05:23   #17
BHPian

What I meant was that the 2012 model on the website was around 100$ more than the 2011 one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Also, The 2012 version HRC and Other colors cost same.
Agreed, But I was asking if you could spot any difference between the 2011/2012 model?

PS: Guys, what do you think of the new color combo, Which one would suit the bike better?

Flagship RED or HRC

Last edited by Furebo : 22nd February 2012 at 05:32.
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:30   #18
BHPian

My Strong Suspicion is that Extra cost is just for the paint job.
Under the hood changes does not include any tweaks to Engine or ECU (as far as I know). The dealer told it has more to do with parts used. I suspect there was change in Vendor for few parts.

Also, 2012 batch will continue to have the regular colours. And the cost will be the same (As far as I know). So you are not paying anything extra (apart from the colour scheme).

I think the cost is justified, since this one is not just some paint and stickering, The angular wing (or the hawk-like design) in candy red (or is it plain red?) and the gold-outline itself makes for some extra cost it prepping the panels.

Also note that in India all the other colours have some of the panes standard (in silver). For this model, those panels and coloured differently, which again, pushes up the cost (Its far cheaper to manage the inventory if you have single colour).
Now, whether if this worth the effort is another question altogether. At the very least Honda is giving an option.
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:57   #19
BHPian

Just got this info from Honda's official press release:
Quote:
New Delhi, January 5, 2012: Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd (HMSI), today unveiled the refreshed version of CBR 250R - “India’s Most Awarded Motorcycle of 2011”. To further delight customers, new CBR250R will come with a stunning tri-color sporty option - Pearl Heron Blue in addition to the 2 existing dual-tone colour options- Candy Ruby Red with Accurate Silver Metallic and Asteroid Black Metallic with Accurate Silver Metallic.
The rest of the article can be read here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allajunaki View Post
My Strong Suspicion is that Extra cost is just for the paint job. Under the hood changes does not include any tweaks to Engine or ECU (as far as I know). The dealer told it has more to do with parts used. I suspect there was change in Vendor for few parts.
I think you are correct, Lets hope they at least improve the quality of the bike if they are calling it "NEW" !

Last edited by Furebo : 23rd February 2012 at 01:58.
Old 24th February 2012, 19:15   #20
BHPian

Here is a video that I came across showing the awesome new HRC color:

Old 27th February 2012, 16:32   #21
BHPian

Just came across this piece of info from a rather unusual source!

Over the last few months,
Honda is in the process of phasing out the CBR250R, to make way for the new 2012 model.

Source

BTW, Any news on the precise launch date guys?
Furebo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 17:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

^^Furebo, thanks for the above link. The good thing for me in the news was that Yamaha will launch a 250cc bike. I just hope they do it sooner, but I am willing to wait till this year end.
But any news of any significant improvement in the 2012 CBR250 apart from the new color schemes?
Old 27th February 2012, 19:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I heard they're changing the airfilter (viscous type) in 2012 model that can be cleaned up every 6K kms & has longer duration for replacement unlike the 2011 model that needs to be changed every 12K kms & cannot be cleaned.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 23:09   #24
BHPian

^^seems honda has been doing that for all their models starting from the scooters,all the paper filters were changed to viscous type during facelifts.

from my experience with the scooter(avaitor),i guess even the present CBR(2011 model)could change the filters to viscous type without any requirements of modifications!
Old 29th February 2012, 09:39   #25
BHPian

Came across this IMPORTANT info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
But any news of any significant improvement in the 2012 CBR250 apart from the new color schemes?
Honda will be launching an upgraded version of the CBR250R in the Indian market in March. The 2012 Honda CBR250R will have key improvements in various areas, making the already brilliant bike even better. The previous version of the CBR250R is being stopped from production as the new model is set to arrive. Thus the Japanese automaker has decided to upgrade the motorcycle with a few upgrades. The 2012 Honda CBR250R will get a new pearl Hero Blue Tri-Colour, which makes the CBR250R look absolutely smashing. The plastic quality has been improved as well with the ECU getting a new map to make the Honda CBR250R quicker and more frugal. These minor changes are said to make a big difference in the way the CBR250R rides and Honda should offer the upgraded map settings to existing owners too. A price hike of Rs. 3000/- will be initiated on the new CBR250R. Honda will also launch more colors in the CBR250R, giving buyers more options on the shade of their bike, unlike the Duke 200 which is only available in orange livery. The Honda CBR250R is powered by a 250cc single-cylinder engine, which produces 25 BHP of power. This is similar to the Duke 200 and the revision to the ECU could be done to differentiate the baby CBR from the Duke. CBR offers more torque of 23 NM but weighs way more than the Duke at 167 kgs (the Duke 200 weighs just 136 kgs). Honda still have some features that differentiate the Duke 200 from their own offering as the Japanese automaker offers full fairing and combi-ABS brakes (as an option).

Source

Guys its the month end today! 29th Feb to be precise...

I wonder what happened, there is NO news anywhere on the launch of the facelift, even the dealers are tight-lipped about it.

Does anyone have any info on the precise launch time? (The above source says it will launch in March)

Last edited by Furebo : 29th February 2012 at 10:05.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:57   #26
BHPian

@Furebo
Thank you!!!!
I was waiting for some bit of information on the 2012 CBR.
I hope they will launch it in March. Someone else in xbhp ownership forums pointed out that they are planning to launch it after the Budget, which means post March 16th.
allajunaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 15:33   #27
BHPian

Alright guys, I got a call from HMSI today (~ 1.30 PM). According to him, the first batch of Tri-Colour 2012 CBR 250R has left the factory on 27th February 2012.
This is completely unexpected and surprising I'm yet to follow up with Saphire Honda guys. Will post an update once I speak to them...
Old 29th February 2012, 15:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Alright guys, I got a call from HMSI today (~ 1.30 PM). According to him, the first batch of Tri-Colour 2012 CBR 250R has left the factory on 27th February 2012.
Does that mean that the launch is nearer than we anticipated?

Quote:
This is completely unexpected and surprising I'm yet to follow up with Saphire Honda guys. Will post an update once I speak to them...
Please try to get us an update, along with the changes on the new version!
Old 29th February 2012, 16:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Does that mean that the launch is nearer than we anticipated?
Bike is already launched, as per HMSI.

Spoke to the Saphire Honda.
One word of advice. DONOT go to the Bannerghatta Saphire Honda show room. Their service is bad beyond belief. I cannot get my sales rep on the phone. Even if I can, they cannot give me any clear answers. Maybe JP Nagar Saphire Honda is better, but this one is bad.

Both my Bajaj (Classic 180, Avenger), and my Maruthi (Swift) has been fantastic. These guys makes you feel as though you have booked a 80cc moped.

Having said that, He has no idea that this Bike is already launched. And no clue when he will get it.
Old 29th February 2012, 16:18   #30
BHPian

Just got off the phone! It was from the dealer, they claim that the bike has not been launched!

Quote:
Bike is already launched, as per HMSI.
Do you know of any source/link to support this claim?

Last edited by Furebo : 29th February 2012 at 16:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks