Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2012, 18:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR250R 2012 (Facelift) EDIT: Early March launch + price-hike!

Yes, finally I can see tri-colour at home computer.
I suspect its one of the proxy server at my organization, serving up stale cache....

Last edited by allajunaki : 2nd March 2012 at 18:59.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:49   #47
BHPian

UPDATE:

Dealers clueless about color, quote 45-60 days waiting!

The usual 5k refundable booking amount, No discounts offered for the Tri color!
Old 3rd March 2012, 08:38   #48
Team-BHP Support

Honda's official web-site claims three colors for the CBR-250R. The grey/silver combo being discontinued and the tricolor being introduced. CBR 250R Red & Black stay.

There is officially no word about any remap, so it can be assumed that there have been no tweaks and the performance on offer should remain the same.

I don't see this as a face-lift, but merely a new color being launched & another taken off from the list. Thread title may be edited based on this.
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't see this as a face-lift, but merely a new color being launched & another taken off from the list. Thread title may be edited based on this.
I agree to majority of what you have said, but the 2012 CBR has a host of quality improvements and even may have other changes that Honda wants to be tight lipped about.

The dealer himself said that the improvements were present, 2011 stocks have discounts whereas the "new" CBR has no such offers.
Old 4th March 2012, 09:27   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
the 2012 CBR has a host of quality improvements and even may have other changes that Honda wants to be tight lipped about.
What changes & why would Honda be tight lipped about improvements? All manufacturers bring out new improved models every year. It would be nothing new for them to announce it. And I don't see any reason for hiding it either.

Quote:
The dealer himself said that the improvements were present, 2011 stocks have discounts whereas the "new" CBR has no such offers.
On what basis he made those comments? The new CBR has new color scheme & hence no offers.

Till Honda doesn't say this officially or any rider doesn't post an impression about differences in riding behavior, I am not buying into this
Old 4th March 2012, 10:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On what basis he made those comments?
Probably they meant the improvement in the plastics; atleast that's what most people who visited the showroom say. I personally saw two CBR's (parked at ASC), since they were too dusty, I couldn't very clearly distinguish if the quality has been improved considerably.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 14:33   #52
BHPian

Quote:
What changes & why would Honda be tight lipped about improvements? All manufacturers bring out new improved models every year. It would be nothing new for them to announce it.
Minor tweaks that have not been mentioned, not hidden! The CBR 2012 is sold as a separate bike in the USA, distinguishing it from the 2011 model.

Quote:
The new CBR has new color scheme & hence no offers.
No that is not what I said, the dealers refused offers on the 2012 model in general irrespective of color choice.

Quote:
Till any rider doesn't post an impression about differences in riding behavior, I am not buying into this
Absolutely, that is exactly what I meant, till then don't rule out improvements either.
Old 4th March 2012, 18:38   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Minor tweaks that have not been mentioned, not hidden! The CBR 2012 is sold as a separate bike in the USA, distinguishing it from the 2011 model.
Any pointers on what changes are made, if any?(between the '11 & '12 models sold @ USA)
Quote:
till then don't rule out improvements either.
Old 4th March 2012, 19:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

Pls check the official website (or Google), there's no change in 2012 model in US other than increase in price & HRC colors. 2012 CBR250R Overview - Honda Powersports
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 21:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

I feel that overall quality of these 2012 bikes would be better than the initial lot. As I remember one of my friends telling me who used to work for the HMSI, that Honda has taken over the control of it's subsidiary which was supplying the parts for the CBR as they were not happy with the quality of the parts supplied.

They might not be talking about the betterment in quality of goods as it will be like admitting the fact there were quality issue in initial lot.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 09:33   #56
BHPian

My Bike delivery date is now postponed to 19th March. (2012 TriColour)
Has anyone taken delivery of 2012 models yet?
Old 8th March 2012, 10:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Honda launches new tri-color scheme for the CBR 250R at Rs. 1.45L (std) and at 1.7L (ABS).

Now nearing its first anniversary on Indian roads, Honda has just turned the 250R's dual-tone body into a resplendent and sporty looking tri-colour palette. Inspired by Honda's globally successful VFR1200F and CBR 1000RR Fireblade superbikes, the Pearl Heron Blue colour combo on the new CBR250R is eyecatching. It will be sold alongside its two existing dual-tone Candy Ruby Red and Asteroid Black Metallic versions.

Source.

P.S. Heard that the silver gray color option has been withdrawn/discontinued and is no longer sold. This was one of the best looking colors on the CBR250R IMO. Wonder why they have stopped it.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th March 2012 at 10:55.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 12:37   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Heard that the silver gray color option has been withdrawn/discontinued and is no longer sold. This was one of the best looking colors on the CBR250R IMO. Wonder why they have stopped it.
What you heard is true, the grey combo did look nice in an understated way.

As for the reason on why it was stopped, simply to create a more global CBR color palette. The grey combo was not offered in other markets and now the Tri-Color is available is our market...

So its goodbye to the grey combo!
Old 10th March 2012, 18:04   #59
BHPian

I have some bad news to share:

Even after competition pulling their socks up, Honda just launched a new color. The dealers are unaware that such a color exists and the ones who know about it. Have NO idea when it will be delivered to them.

It is such a shame, Honda is taking its buyers for a ride again! This time with its endless delivery time frame...albeit for a new color!

No wonder the hype died out and this thread has no more to share...

Hope that any prospective buyer will share delivery dates.
Old 10th March 2012, 22:09   #60
BHPian

I was there at Ganpati Honda in Gurgaon to collect my RC for the Red CBR that I got on the 17th Feb. The HRC version was on display and did look attractive and looked big. Though I am not sure that whether the Red one or the HRC one looks better, so I am ok not having waited for the HRC.

Most Viewed