Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2007, 19:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

Guys I got my Unicorn serviced from a Castrol BikeZone in Pune and I am mighty impressed with their workmanship and professionalism. I was standing by my bike while it was being serviced and they promptly performed all required checks, changes and replacements using properly maintained tools and equipment. All in all a very pleasing experience and all this when I just wanted to get an oil change done.
Old 17th March 2007, 21:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

@moralfibre : Which bikezone did you use? I know of only one, near Senator hotel in Vanaz.
Any others you know?
Old 19th March 2007, 09:18   #18
Team-BHP Support

Yes Sajo, I used the same one near Senator Hotel. They are good with their service, if you haven't tried it yet go for it! I dont know of other bikezones but they are listed on the Castrol website somewhere.
Old 19th March 2007, 09:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yes Sajo, I used the same one near Senator Hotel. They are good with their service, if you haven't tried it yet go for it! I dont know of other bikezones but they are listed on the Castrol website somewhere.
Added advantage for me is that I live only a short distance from there. . All my friends around use bikezone for their bikes. But I heard they are bloody expensive, especially for those used to Bajaj rates.

Last edited by sajo : 19th March 2007 at 09:41.
Old 19th March 2007, 09:40   #20
JPL
BHPian

We get our Pulsar serviced at the Mysore Road CBZ,

The service is okay, we go for the gold service, not really great. Depends on the franchise I guess since they are not actually owned by Castrol.
Old 19th March 2007, 09:59   #21
Team-BHP Support

They are not owned by Castrol but delegated to people interested in starting a franchisee. They have a good code of conduct, atleast in Pune they do.
Old 19th March 2007, 10:45   #22
BHPian

they are there in hyderabad too from past 6 months.......
Old 30th June 2010, 15:35   #23
BHPian

Guys, I know the thread is dead by now. Can anyone please tell me if the Castrol Bike Zone and Castrol Bike Point is the same please. Atleast how can they be compared? The one near my location is Castrol Bike Point, Adugodi, Blore. Just looking for your inputs.

Thanks,
Sam
for P220 DTSi, 4th service
Old 24th June 2011, 17:19   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Castrol Bikezone

Is this Adugodi centre still there? I checked out on Castrol website and for Bangalore they showing only one centre in Ramamurthy nagar.
Old 27th June 2011, 10:11   #25
BHPian

Just like any other service center, the quality and workmanship of BikeZones also vary from center to center. I've serviced my Unicorn from 3 Bike Zones. Two in Bangalore & One in Hyderabad. The one in Outer Ring Road, Bangalore is no longer backed by Castrol though.
I opted for BikeZone only for a sole reason - Chain Wash.
In the website it is mentioned in detail and it is part of gold service and all the time I opted for gold service only.
But never once did I get my chain washed & cleaned.
Service as such is kind of ok other than this.
But again, Unicorn feels like heaven even if only the Oil is changed and the centrifugal filter & strainer are cleaned. So the feel good thing can be just a feeling..!!
Most of the things mentioned in the service book are never done.
Now its upto you to decide.
sharanvenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 14:21   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Just like any other service center, the quality and workmanship of BikeZones also vary from center to center. I've serviced my Unicorn from 3 Bike Zones. Two in Bangalore & One in Hyderabad. The one in Outer Ring Road, Bangalore is no longer backed by Castrol though.
I opted for BikeZone only for a sole reason - Chain Wash.
In the website it is mentioned in detail and it is part of gold service and all the time I opted for gold service only.
But never once did I get my chain washed & cleaned.
Service as such is kind of ok other than this.
But again, Unicorn feels like heaven even if only the Oil is changed and the centrifugal filter & strainer are cleaned. So the feel good thing can be just a feeling..!!
Most of the things mentioned in the service book are never done.
Now its upto you to decide.
Thanks Sharanvenu for the reply. Mine is a Dazzler, hence it shares the same engine as your unicorn. So my issues are also similar. Infact my bike is still under warranty. Just completed 2 services, however I feel the quality of the oil is from Honda service centre or the oil change done by them is not up to the mark. Engine doesn’t feel that smooth after 4.5K rpm mark. Hence wanted to go get just the oil change done and may b chain wash. I hope it’s not a carb issue since it’s a new bike.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 28th June 2011 at 14:22. Reason: Spell check
Old 28th June 2011, 17:01   #27
BHPian

Get your 3rd service also done by Honda. Otherwise your warranty will be void. It will be written in ant sized font in your owner's manual. After that you can get engine oil from outside and ask them to fill the same in your bike. If they refuse to do, get it done from outside. I do agree about the Honda engine oil. Its not worth the money. Shell is what I've been using since 3 yrs. It holds its ground at least till 3000km. And God knows whether these people change oil for real or not. I've heard stories like draining oil from bike in for their first service and filling them to other bikes. These bikes would have done mostly 200 to 500km, so we wont be able to catch the difference. And whenever you have to change any parts, its always better to go to authorized service center for better quality parts. I mean to say you can trust the quality of the parts being sold there.
sharanvenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 10:49   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Get your 3rd service also done by Honda. Otherwise your warranty will be void. It will be written in ant sized font in your owner's manual. After that you can get engine oil from outside and ask them to fill the same in your bike. If they refuse to do, get it done from outside. I do agree about the Honda engine oil. Its not worth the money. Shell is what I've been using since 3 yrs. It holds its ground at least till 3000km. And God knows whether these people change oil for real or not. I've heard stories like draining oil from bike in for their first service and filling them to other bikes. These bikes would have done mostly 200 to 500km, so we wont be able to catch the difference. And whenever you have to change any parts, its always better to go to authorized service center for better quality parts. I mean to say you can trust the quality of the parts being sold there.
Yes, ie the reason I didnt want to do a service from outside Honda SS. However I was just thinking of getting the engine oil changed. Since as mentioned in above post after getting 2nd service done the engine is sounding a bit strained above 55kms. As you said I too doubt they used or mixed old oil from my bike or some other bike. Else, you know of any service centre where I can just get my oil changed in Bangalore please let me know. I stay near to Domlur.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Else, you know of any service centre where I can just get my oil changed in Bangalore please let me know. I stay near to Domlur.
Any roadside mechanic can change engine oil. Just buy the oil you want and get it changed. Some shell pumps also do the oil changing for you.
Old 29th June 2011, 17:41   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, ie the reason I didnt want to do a service from outside Honda SS. However I was just thinking of getting the engine oil changed. Since as mentioned in above post after getting 2nd service done the engine is sounding a bit strained above 55kms. As you said I too doubt they used or mixed old oil from my bike or some other bike. Else, you know of any service centre where I can just get my oil changed in Bangalore please let me know. I stay near to Domlur.
I used to stay near HAL. There is a shell petrol bunk near that area. CV raman Nagar. They will get the oil changed for you free of cost.
There are two - three varieties of oil available in 'shell advance' range. I like it better than all engine oils. Cheap but effective. Starts from 160rs to 200rs. Also, the shell people will use some suction to drain oil. Ask them to drain oil from the sump first(ie the conventional method- loosening a nut from the bottom of engine and letting it run off.) and then use their suction. This ensures drainage of all metallic and heavy particle in the old engine oil. This is very important for a new bike.

You can try the fuel from shell too. Its really nice. I used to get much better mileage with shell. I guess its not about superior quality fuel or some thing. Its just about the right quantity. its costlier by 4 rs by the current petrol pricing. But worth it. I used to get around 50-52 kmpl with shell in Bangalore traffic. I used to drive everyday from HAL to Banashankari. Hope you can imagine the traffic.

Most Viewed