Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 16:10   #121
BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
Actually I am relieved to hear that since it indicates that this may not be a general Duke-200 issue. Hopefully I will be able to have this resolved at the first service.
First service is ~800 kms away for you. I would've taken an appointment now to get it checked out. Think of it as a way to introduce yourself to the workshop staff, and get to know who is going to service your duke in 800 kms. I'm taking an appointment to get the preload adjusted on my duke, and some small tweaks.
Old 11th March 2012, 16:48   #122
BHPian

Thats a good idea but due to the distance (I live in south Mumbai), was waiting for the Phoenix Mills dealer to open its doors (expected in 2 weeks) before taking the bike in. Anyway, let me know how your visit goes.
Old 11th March 2012, 23:15   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Got mine on Friday and have covered about 200 kms since. Earlier reviews have covered the good and bad of the bike quite eloquently and in detail. One issue that has not been stressed enough in my opinion is the fact that the bike stalls somewhat regularly. While decelerating, when the bike gets to the lower RPM,s, she regularly stalls and/or skips a beat resulting in a sudden jerk before the engine fires again and continues on. I have never been in a situation where the bike stalls completely and comes to a standstill but that seems quite possible under the right conditions. I would definitely like to address this issue so if it has indeed been solved, please share the solution in details for all owners.
The Big KTM's had the same problems! I am surprised how the problems are replicating in the smaller KTM's too.

Its most likely because of very lean values on the fueling maps at closed throttle! They will probably come up with a better map and fix it if it happens more often.

Either that, or the idling adjustment is off ! Can someone enlighten me if there is a idle control valve on this bike or it it throttle position controlled?
Old 14th March 2012, 07:48   #124
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my sincere apologies to followers of this thread for no current update these past few days. I am in Iguacu Falls, Brazil at an international medical symposium right now and will be back only on the 19th, so stay tuned post that. Missing the baby as much I am my real babies, and can't wait to get back and ride her! Nice to see lots of action on the other Duke ownerships meanwhile.

Plan to try/test out the stock versus the modded airbox setup when I get back. The front end feels better already though the boys at Bajaj seem to have figured out what the issue is and we will be getting that done too. The chain noise is much improved though if it helps (and is not just a knee-jerk workaround) I don't mind trying out the new chain adaptor as well (not "bush" - its the rubber channel over which the chain is routed at the front sprocket end).

Cheers and ride safe!

P.S. They seem pretty aggrieved by the "tweety bird" remarks and are serious about getting us a worthy horn too. Something Skoda-type would be just sweet .....

Last edited by ebonho : 14th March 2012 at 07:59.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 14:27   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

Plan to try/test out the stock versus the modded airbox setup when I get back.

Cheers and ride safe!

P.S. They seem pretty aggrieved by the "tweety bird" remarks and are serious about getting us a worthy horn too. Something Skoda-type would be just sweet .....
Were they ok with you cutting of the intake pipe ? .No warranty gyan ?

Tell me that , the horn sucks .My double horn on pulsar is miles ahead.Hope they replace bigger horns in place of the tweety bird .
Old 15th March 2012, 09:52   #126
BHPian

@All Duke owners,

I happened to ride on some really bad roads in past two days and felt that front suspension is a little too hard to be comfortable. I did check the tire pressure, and it was at recommended levels (25 and 29 PSI). Is anybody facing this? And, any possible solution?
Old 15th March 2012, 12:43   #127
Senior - BHPian

^^ i have also felt that, the front shocks feel very hard compared to any other bike.
Old 15th March 2012, 14:02   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Got mine on Friday and have covered about 200 kms since. Earlier reviews have covered the good and bad of the bike quite eloquently and in detail.
================
I cant wait to get done with the engine break in period so as to really enjoy all that this engine has to offer.
I had noticed the same issue when I took test ride, at that time I ignored it as the bike was already in reserve and it might have been abused as it was a TD vehicle. The bike was hestitant at lower RPMs with no problems at higher revs, it stalled a few times while slowing down.
Old 15th March 2012, 21:08   #129
Senior - BHPian

If anything, the front shocks are softer than we would have liked them, and tend to transmit a lot of bad road feel to the hands. They also do dive on hard front braking though not disconcertingly so. Though the shocks are not adjustable, would love to work out a way to make them slightly stiffer, as they are currently damped and sprung for good-ish roads mainly.
Old 16th March 2012, 10:33   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Though the shocks are not adjustable, would love to work out a way to make them slightly stiffer, as they are currently damped and sprung for good-ish roads mainly.
A slightly heavier (than the stock rating) grade of fork oil should make the front shocks stiffer.
Old 16th March 2012, 11:25   #131
Senior - BHPian

Great to hear that you are happy with the bike. Any plans for the 'Akrapovic exhaust'. According to me, it is drool maal
If I buy this bike (I may wait for Duke 350 as I find this one a little too small), it has to be with that exhaust from day one. When are they releasing the power parts anyway?
Attached Thumbnails
KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-ktm_duke_125_akrapovic_exhaust.jpg  

Old 16th March 2012, 12:00   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
When are they releasing the power parts anyway?
Abhi this is exactly what i want to do with my bike. Thanks for sahring.

I was told power parts arrive next month, but you can never be sure as another dealer told me they plan to get the power wear first.
Old 16th March 2012, 15:33   #133
BHPian

Just visited the new KTM showroom at Phoenix Mills. According to the staff there, the showroom is temporary and will be there only for the next month or so, thereafter it will move to Bandra, both for sales and service. Also, they expect to have Power Wear available within the next couple of days.
Old 16th March 2012, 15:53   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just visited the new KTM showroom at Phoenix Mills. According to the staff there, the showroom is temporary and will be there only for the next month or so, thereafter it will move to Bandra, both for sales and service. Also, they expect to have Power Wear available within the next couple of days.
Folks like us will be more interested in 'Power Parts' than 'Power Wear'
Old 16th March 2012, 17:39   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Do they have any PowerParts in stock yet?

The KJMarg showroom only has Jackets, Gloves, Tank Pads, Rim Tapes, Fuel Filler Stickers in stock.

PS: Sorry Ebono for turning your thread into a general KTM discussion one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks