Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 22:33   #1

Finally something for the cruiser market: Garware Motors to re-launch the Aquila..!

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

This is my very first post on Team-BHP so would appreciate genuine brickbats and bouquets.. Feedback and criticism is welcome.. History is on the verge of being of repeated.. Hyosung Korea along with Garware Motors are looking to expand their existing offering this year.. Their line up with the ST7 and the GT650, caters to the 500 plus cc segment at the moment, with the ST7 being a cruiser and the GT650 in the sports segment.. Now, as part of a top-down strategy, they intend to launch sub-500cc bikes, sometime in the 3rd quarter.. According to rumours, this will include the GT250R in the quarter-litre sports segment, the GV250 Aquila and the GV650 cruisers..
The GV250 "Aquila" was launched before by Hyosung in collaboration with Kinetic Engineering as a limited edition offering sometime in 2003-04.. Only a 100 bikes were procurred as a limited edition thing and were lapped up with great interest.. A V-Twin, 249cc displacement with EFI and a power of 26 PS are the specs which have remained unchanged since then.. Here's a link to substantiate the rumours:
Hyosung GV650 cruiser India bound - News - Autocar India

The "Aquila" was well-received even in 2003-04 and due to a dearth in the sub-500cc cruiser segment at the moment, will definitely be a competitive addition to the market.. Looking forward to it.. I wanted to go in for the Classic 350 till I saw this.. Has me all confused now..
Attached Thumbnails
Finally something for the cruiser market: Garware Motors to re-launch the Aquila..!-2012hyosunggv250aquilarightside.jpg  

Finally something for the cruiser market: Garware Motors to re-launch the Aquila..!-2012hyosunggv650aquilaproasmall.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 29th February 2012 at 11:00.
ronrocky is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 13:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Finally something for the cruiser market: Garware Motors to re-launch the Aquila.

Looks fabulous for a 250. This should heat up the cruiser segment as well.

Also, This one can steal buyer's attention from the launch of Thunderbird 500.
Old 28th February 2012, 21:09   #3
BHPian

Re: Finally something for the cruiser market: Garware Motors to re-launch the Aquila.

Thanks for putting this . to cut the story short , IMO it will not be able to match RE in Price wise and than typical kitna Deti hai , will come into picture. looks wise, she is a killer.

any news when it;s coming as i am about to put my money on RE 350 .
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 10:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Aquilla has always tickled my taste buds whenever I used to see it in the streets of Mumbai. Good that they are bringing it back. Hope they will launch it in the same price segment as last time The 650 is quite a looker too!
Old 29th February 2012, 17:42   #5

Quote:
Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Have taken note of the warning.This is my first post and hence the mistakes.Will ensure that it is not repeated.

Quote:
Looks fabulous for a 250. This should heat up the cruiser segment as well.
Absolutely ! With specs like the V-Twin, a power of 25+ BHP(26-28 BHP, different editions), EFI and DOHC, it sure is way ahead of the competition. Even the last time it was launched, it had captured my imagination.

Quote:
IMO it will not be able to match RE in Price wise and than typical kitna Deti hai , will come into picture. looks wise, she is a killer.

any news when it;s coming as i am about to put my money on RE 350 .
Yeah, the "kitnaa deti hai" question will determine it's fate in the Indian markets. I'm curious about that too but considering the specs, I'm assuming that it won't be more than 30-35 kmpl. As for the price, it may not be in the RE bracket, maybe Rs 2,00,000 or it's thereabouts. I'm hoping that it is not beyond the 1.5-1.75 lac mark. I have been looking at the RE Classic 350 for months now but with this piece of news coming in, I'm confused between the two. It is expected to launch sometime around July-August according to the article, the link to which I have posted in the first post.

Last edited by ronrocky : 29th February 2012 at 18:04.
Old 12th April 2012, 11:22   #6
BHPian

Latest form Garware is the launch of Comet 250 in the near future. Hope the Aquila too gets launched along with it. Eagerly waiting for a decent cruiser.
Old 28th January 2013, 19:49   #7

guys, i can't get hold of a post which gives real performance review about this bike. Don't want to rely on any other forum. help please.
Old 30th January 2013, 08:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Thread Closed. Please continue discussion here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed