Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2006, 18:53   #16
BHPian

The URL for pics of the YAMAHA GALDIATOR have already been placed (uploaded) on www.team-bhp.com. You can find them on this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...er-pulsar.html

Also dude...if you could extend your budget, wouldn't it be great to leave all these behind and go for the ZMA?
Old 31st March 2006, 04:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Monster was designed by DUCAITI ?? whats the link with Daelim.

hey man manufacturers hardly design their bikes. Ducati makes the monster but it was designed by UGOLINI.

same way LML manuactuers the graptor but it was designed by UGOlini.

Google up the name and you will find it.
Old 4th April 2006, 14:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

I've been hearing a lot of buzz in my gang about the Yamaha Gladiator.
What is it about?
Is it really go on production??
Old 4th April 2006, 17:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nitrous, Yamaha has promised Galdiator will be released by festival season, I guess by Diwali. It also looks production ready. Most of the stuff on that bike is readily available in the local market.

But the FAZER 250 that they showed off was the beauty. It still been tested in Brazil I guess.
Old 4th April 2006, 18:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

I recommend the Pulsar as it offers the best package in 150cc segment. But if you can wait a little longer, then wait for the Gladiator. Yamaha always produce quality bikes and this one too looks promising.
Old 4th April 2006, 19:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

i suggess u shud wait for yamaha 250 or 150 fazer
Old 4th April 2006, 20:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Pulsar 150 is WAY too common, everyone on the road seems to be riding a 150 these days.

Yes, it is the best bike (almost) in it's segment. Looks awesome too. But still, it is too common.

No offence intended to anyone....
Old 4th April 2006, 21:24   #23
BHPian

Wow the Gladiator looks awsome. But whats up with the partial view photos on xbhp? Has anyone got links to full view photos of the bike?
Old 4th April 2006, 23:32   #24
BHPian

Pulsar is too common these day, even i would suggest you to wait for the Gladiator or atleast the pulsator to be out in the market !!
Old 5th April 2006, 12:46   #25
BANNED

hi

pulsar is an ok bike ,its like when you dont really get what you want ,you have to be satisified with what you get ,its the way with pulsar . With regard to TVS bikes ,I dont think anyone should be trusting TVS ,and I think its high time they quit making bikes or selling bikes .I have owned trucks ,buses for commercial purposes and I would say that the worst company I have ever known is TVS .There is no real quality policy and I happened to own a Fiero as well ,for my office .Best option at the moment according to me would be to settle in for the unicorn .The bike is got the averages of all features combined . Atleast ,you dont have to expect the engine to conk up after 30,000 kms like a pulsar .
Old 5th April 2006, 19:34   #26
BHPian

HEy guys...

A quick question thou... when are these 250cc bikes comin out??
its been almost a year since i am hearing bout these bikes
but no concrete news as yet.

So i suggest go for pulsar 180dtsi black now (or if u can manage go for ZMA) y wait n deprive urself of the riding pleasure!!
Old 6th April 2006, 04:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilled_fire
HEy guys...

A quick question thou... when are these 250cc bikes comin out??
its been almost a year since i am hearing bout these bikes
but no concrete news as yet.

So i suggest go for pulsar 180dtsi black now (or if u can manage go for ZMA) y wait n deprive urself of the riding pleasure!!
still better. Try to find a RD350 in good condition. would cost around 30ish. spend the rest on restoring the bike to good quality and sourcing parts.

Never ever have I had so much fun on any wheels as I had on RD. It was a brief drive on a blue RD in Ahmedabad before I bought p180 v1. Sadly I couldnt be its owner.
Old 6th April 2006, 17:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Play safe. Forget the RD 350. I love the RD too. But its no more more practical to maintain. I know several RD sitting on Bricks because of lack of original spares. Many claim to have spares, they give spoof items scraped from non running ones. I saw an RD being striped in Cochin for parts. I asked them why there are doing it and the guy said spares are like gold in bangalore. For a moment, I felt sorry for the bike which was a king when it ran and now striped naked for its organs.

Go for a pukka existing indian bike. Better to modify and better to run. And you are not spending a bomb on them. If something goes wrong, some guy will be able to fix it.

What happens if you are riding a superbike in a remote highway and with no metro in sight??? You have 2 options if you have a superbike, Drive only in the metros or carry your tuner as pillion. Most superbikes have a running range of about 250kms (correct me if I am wrong). Where will you fill the High Octane petrol that it drinks? Superbikes are just for rich lad's backyard, metros or tracks. Its just not practical in a country like India.

Stick to Indian bike and modify them heavily, exhausts, power filters,Iridium Sparks,bigger jets,better profile tyres etc.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 6th April 2006 at 17:56.
Old 6th April 2006, 18:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000
pulsar is an ok bike ,its like when you dont really get what you want ,you have to be satisified with what you get ,its the way with pulsar . With regard to TVS bikes ,I dont think anyone should be trusting TVS ,and I think its high time they quit making bikes or selling bikes .I have owned trucks ,buses for commercial purposes and I would say that the worst company I have ever known is TVS .There is no real quality policy and I happened to own a Fiero as well ,for my office .Best option at the moment according to me would be to settle in for the unicorn .The bike is got the averages of all features combined . Atleast ,you dont have to expect the engine to conk up after 30,000 kms like a pulsar .
Mana,
TVS perhaps is the only company apart from Bajaj that knows how to make bikes in India. Others just source technologies to build them. I feel all their bikes were performers right from IND suzuki, the first Indo Jap bike,supra, feiro etc but TVS doesnt know how to package them in style. They barely know how to service the clients and give good confidence to the owners. I can openly tell Venu Srinivasan that they have spoilt the brand name of FIAT in India due to their pathetic dealership services. TVS dealt with FIAT in the south. They ruined the name.
TVS along with Yamaha to some extent is only 2 wheeler company that backs Motorsports fully in India. They have the best R&D facility both for design and racing. Team TVS were national champions in MX and road racing. Their commitment to motorsports has resulted in them bringing out great bikes, but are way behind in style and delivery.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 6th April 2006 at 18:09.
Old 6th April 2006, 18:36   #30
BANNED

mail4ajo,

Well , Suzuki was a partner when they produced bikes worth their name . I do agree and accept that IND-suzuki was a great bike ,atleast for those effortless wheelies ,but , can that be said the same about TVS bikes ? AVL helps TVS in developing engines , and TVS does not really know as to how to develop a four stroke in reality . TVS till date dosent have a bike of its own which can really compete in a championship .most of the winning models are suzuki models with higher hp and torque . for example the fiero has 16 horses compared to the fiero which has only 12 horses and is sold to the public in general .
BAjaj is another player whose bikes are totally unreliable over the long run .
let me give you an example ,I used to own a yamaha crux for office purposes and the bike almost did a lakh kilometers .I could even drive the bike from bangalore to chennai non-stop at full throttle and the bike never gave any kind of problems . and for the one lakh kilometers that i did on the bike ,i just had to replace the tires ,and i had to replace the chain sprocket twice .

except for these and perodical maintenance ,i never really spent any money on repairs what so ever .

Atleast ,i can tell that Yamaha dosent believe in cheap gimmicks like cheap disc brakes ,etc.for the fazer you can see that yamaha used 150 mm drums .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks