Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 01:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Congrats Rahul! Ride safe

So the red beast is getting a much needed break now
thanks buddy, you are right i usually take out the car only on weekends and now this time even on weekend it was tucked in and parked peacefully at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Congrats Rahul, the bike looks neat .Don't ride it like you drive the red one .The tank pad big ,serves the purpose .How much ?
BTW is it easy to pull wheelies ?
thanks buddy, it sure does look awesome, i can't help staring at her every time i go outside. Ya the tank pad is little big in size but i bought it before i got the bike. The tank is slightly taller and i am sure tank pad will protect it from some scratches. Its really rough to keep the revs low in run in period. altho while test ride i did red line the bike 3-4 times and it does lift the front wheel in 1st and 2nd at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Bike's doing good so far! a few niggles though but nothing to complain/crib about.

Just waiting to get through with the first service and then report really nagging issues if any.
Hopefully it will stay that way, no one has clue about reliability of this bike.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2012 at 21:13. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 13th March 2012, 01:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Hopefully it will stay that way, no one has clue about reliability of this bike.
True. couple of them have crashed too. May be over confidence or overrated their abilities.
Old 13th March 2012, 02:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True. couple of them have crashed too. May be over confidence or overrated their abilities.
OMG, that really sad. Are they on tbhp ??

Here is another PS of the image i have posted on last page

KTM Duke 200, my new commuter. Edit: 18k kms up-6973000233_85e0b32b69_z.jpg
Old 13th March 2012, 13:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this is the first thing i mentioned to couple of other tbhp members when we test rode it for first time. Its a pocket rocket and look out for people who will crash very easily.
Old 13th March 2012, 13:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2012 at 21:14. Reason: Do NOT post one-liners on this forum. Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 13:51   #21
BHPian

Congrats on you new bike. It really is a great machine and what impressed me most is the FE that you have mentioned. That is a killer combination. Have you tried removing the rear view mirrors? I am sure that removing them will enhance the looks of the bike a lot, but will cause safety issues.
Old 13th March 2012, 14:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You they have to install a new rubber bush or change existing one ?
I think you would need to install a new rubber bush on the swingarm. Unable to locate that post right now. Do look up the other threads and you might see some resolution.
Old 13th March 2012, 21:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles_hungry View Post
Congrats on you new bike. It really is a great machine and what impressed me most is the FE that you have mentioned. That is a killer combination. Have you tried removing the rear view mirrors? I am sure that removing them will enhance the looks of the bike a lot, but will cause safety issues.
Removing RV mirrors may enhance the looks. But illegal and pretty unsafe/dangerous too. Please do not compromise on safety for looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I think you would need to install a new rubber bush on the swingarm. Unable to locate that post right now. Do look up the other threads and you might see some resolution.
I am really curious to know about this solution
Old 14th March 2012, 00:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles_hungry View Post
thanks man, ya even i am very surprised by the FE, but really figures will come only after the run in period is over and i ride it as its meant to be . I just can't ride without the rear mirrors, specially in traffic you have to be careful about the traffic behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I remember reading something in the ebonhos thread but IIRC it just mentioned about tightening the chain. I was just check about the chain today and i think it will make noise as the top portion of chain touches the plastic part of the swingarm and its made to be like that i suppose. When you decelerate the top portion of chain becomes lose.

PS: can you give me link to the chain oiling part you had written in your bike's ownership thread, i remember reading that but can't find it.

Anyone can confirm these:-

Quote:

Few things i have noticed
Headlamp stays on for few secs if you switch off the engine through kill switch.
Another thing is if you push the bike with headlamps on and ignition on, headlamp will be turned on in 2-3 secs and switches off 2-3 secs after stopping. I noticed this while coming very late yesterday night was just getting the bike inside as everyone was asleep, didnt wanted to distubed so didnt start the bike pushed it inside while ignition and headlamp was in on position.
The coolant cap is at wrong position and anyone can open it, it should have been inside not visible.
The lower rubber coolant pipe can be easily damaged, they should have been covered with metal pipes.
Front shocks are a lot stiffer that ZMA.
Front shock have some texture on it, it really gives quality feel. just touch it and you will know what i am talking about.
If you have more than one error the yellow triangle warning light starts flashing.
One more problem i have noticed is while parking, as the side stand bike is almost straight, it can topple over very easily. The side stand should have been little shorter, wonder why they have designed like this.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 14th March 2012 at 00:18.
Old 14th March 2012, 11:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

no saree guard for the Duke ?

cheers,
ac
Old 14th March 2012, 12:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rahul, you have got yourself a real cool bike to commute on, wish you a lots of happy mile with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post

ac
It comes standard on this also, though it neat little integrated unit on the rear splash guard, Rahul removed it from his bike.
Old 14th March 2012, 13:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When you decelerate the top portion of chain becomes lose.

One more problem i have noticed is while parking, as the side stand bike is almost straight, it can topple over very easily. The side stand should have been little shorter, wonder why they have designed like this.
This irritates a lot and makes , rumbling / rubbing sound .

Apart from bike standing straight , there is no center stand .I know, I need to get used to it .
Old 14th March 2012, 22:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post

cheers,
ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Congrats Rahul, you have got yourself a real cool bike to commute on, wish you a lots of happy mile with this.
It comes standard on this also, though it neat little integrated unit on the rear splash guard, Rahul removed it from his bike.
Thanks man. They had given small saree guard, which i removed same day, doesnt serve any purpose and removing it improves the power to weight ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
This irritates a lot and makes , rumbling / rubbing sound .

Apart from bike standing straight , there is no center stand .I know, I need to get used to it .
no center stand is ok as none of the bikes in this category have it, but at least they should have designed the side stand properly.
Old 14th March 2012, 23:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats thambi!

I'm surprised you got your bike so soon, has the waiting periods reduced nowadays?
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 00:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no center stand is ok as none of the bikes in this category have it, but at least they should have designed the side stand properly.
Even first Gen BUSA had center stand optional , even big ninja 14r has center stand accessory . What I ment was they should have designed the chassis to take the center stand as optional .I checked there are no mounting points even if made optional .That would have made cleaning and repairing bike simpler.
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks