Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2012, 23:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Issues with my '04 Pulsar 150 Dtsi ES

as dhanushs advised you, please get the carb fully disassembled and thoroughly cleaned. get it done by an experienced mechanic who knows how to tune it properly.
Old 30th June 2012, 00:37   #17
BHPian

Fellas
I have Pulsar 150dtsi (2007 Make)
I have to get its engine overhauled, so I was contemplating over few things
1. Will increasing the bore give me increase in torque (but dnt know will this increase the rpm range)
2. WIll this help me in pulling the bike at hills.

Seniors please help.
Also let me know the place in delhi who can expertly do this.
Thanks!
Old 12th July 2012, 10:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Folks, searched around and thought this is the best thread to post my "problem".
My bike is a 2005 150 DTSi , exhaustec and all. Sparingly used for the past 4 years, hence less than 18k on the odo. Serviced once a year at the friendly neighbourhood Bajaj garage, because of the low running.
Even after a couple of weeks of remaining idle, it starts up fine. It even accelerates fine when it has sufficiently warmed up. No problems with the fuel efficiency, it did around 380 kms last time with 500 bucks worth of Shell (~52kmpl).

However, it simply refuses to go above 80kmph in 5th gear. Since my regular usage pattern over the past few years was simply short hops in the neighbourhood, I do not recall exactly when this "problem" started. Its like the bike has had a rev-lock at 7k RPM in 5th. Not that this is hampering my usage as I am a very sedate rider anyway, but still , is there an issue ?

EDIT : When I say 80, I mean speedo indicated. Also, the above figures are for solo rides only.

Last edited by sajo : 12th July 2012 at 10:36.
Old 16th July 2012, 10:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
it simply refuses to go above 80kmph in 5th gear. Since my regular usage pattern over the past few years was simply short hops in the neighbourhood, I do not recall exactly when this "problem" started. Its like the bike has had a rev-lock at 7k RPM in 5th.
*BUMP*

Is there any big problem with my bike that I should be worried about ?
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:48   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
*BUMP*

Check and clean the carburetor and the air filter. Also check the spark plug, clean/replace as required. This should solve your problem.
Old 23rd July 2012, 22:29   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo

*BUMP*

Check the diaphragm in the carb. If its out of shape then this is a common problem
Old 23rd July 2012, 22:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a Carb issue, I am surprised that it has no impact on Fuel Efficiency though so looks like the issue is as mentioned by sagarpadaki
Old 30th August 2014, 00:45   #23

Bajaj Pulsar Dtsi - Power Delivery Problem

Hi,

My 2004 Bajaj Bajaj Pulsar 150 Dtsi has clocked nearly 49000 kms. Recently, there is a sudden decrease in power. On inspection, the mechanic told that clutch had worn out and it was replaced by him. Then my bike ran fine for almost 200 kms. But now the vehicle won't move fast at all or respond to acceleration. This caused problems at signals as I am not able to move forward, or while crossing from main road to service road. It is like vehicle is having a mind of its own. Max speed attained is less than 50 km/hr on a straight road with full acceleration.
Now the mechanic tells that as the clutch is new, the issue could be with valve clearance and he has to open head and give it to lathe and adjust the clearance. All gaskets needs to be changed. What is valve clearance /setting ? Now I am suspicious of the quality of clutch plate replaced. There is not much reduction in mileage .
Please advice if any one faced such similar issues with loss of power / pulling and how to rectify the same.
Old 30th August 2014, 13:21   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeri View Post
Hi,

My 2004 Bajaj Bajaj Pulsar 150 Dtsi has clocked nearly 49000 kms. Recently, there is a sudden decrease in power. On inspection, the mechanic told that clutch had worn out and it was replaced by him. Then my bike ran fine for almost 200 kms. But now the vehicle won't move fast at all or respond to acceleration. This caused problems at signals as I am not able to move forward, or while crossing from main road to service road. It is like vehicle is having a mind of its own. Max speed attained is less than 50 km/hr on a straight road with full acceleration.
Now the mechanic tells that as the clutch is new, the issue could be with valve clearance and he has to open head and give it to lathe and adjust the clearance. All gaskets needs to be changed. What is valve clearance /setting ? Now I am suspicious of the quality of clutch plate replaced. There is not much reduction in mileage .
Please advice if any one faced such similar issues with loss of power / pulling and how to rectify the same.
First thing is you have to change your mechanic before you change parts. No need to open the head to adjust valves in pulsar

Check the diaphragm of the carb. If it's convoluted a lot then you will face pulling issues. Check if the carb is clean, ie, the jets must be clean.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 13:23   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bajaj Pulsar Dtsi - Power Delivery Problem

Does the RPM remain high while the speed is low? It seems the clutch is culprit. A shot clutch will result in poor mileage, the speed won't increase in the same ratio as the engine speed. Please get it inspected at some other good FNG before getting any further work done.
Old 20th March 2024, 14:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

My 2004 Pulsar 150 Dtsi will have its registration renewed by this year end. I am looking for a good knowledgeable guy in Pune who can service my Pulsar well.

The local shop refuses to touch and as a result I have managed certain less complicated works on my own. But now I need a good technician who knows the works

Current botherations:

Bike automatically rolls back to 4th gear from 5th. Does not happen always, but it happens, without the leg touch. I doubt if it's the grooves at the shifter. Something else. I try to ride my pulsar at least once in a week, so these sudden gear changes, need to go.

Pickup is excellent and crisp for its age; but I think it now emits smoke. Once upon a time, back in its "male" days, it was heavily driven by me.

I have screwed up the choke setting while trying to attach the new cable; it just refuses to budge into the hole. A proper tention is needed, but cannot figure out how!

After I replaced the front brake assembly, I realised that the brake connectors are different. Need to figure out a way to connect these.

Considering the current age and the scarcity with parts, I think it's in best interest if I change the wiring harness, block piston, starter etc etc. The intention is to never part with this, ever.

Challenge is to get a person, who inspires confidence and is capable to work on a simple machine.

Please help.

Last edited by Majumdarda : 20th March 2024 at 15:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks