Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2018, 21:05   #436
BHPian

Hello Folks, this is Bharath here from Hyderabad and i have a new 2018 CBR whose first service was done today. Distance travelled~200 kms. Now, everytime i use the rear brake hard it starts to rub/vibrate a bit. Has some adjustment gone wrong? Could someone advise me?
Old 14th March 2019, 16:55   #437
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Very informative thread but sad to see no activity for more than a year after 2018 BS4 launch. Got an used ABS version. Have some steering lock issues initially which refused to unlock. WD40 and cyclo break away spray did not help. Have managed the situation by lubing with engine oil after hearing the cost of new lock set which is 11k and lock repair guys asked 2.5K owing to the price of new lockset.

Please do have a through check on the steering lock if you are looking for used CBR's.

Last edited by sreerama : 14th March 2019 at 16:57. Reason: suggested to check lockset
Old 14th March 2019, 17:03   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerama View Post
Very informative thread but sad to see no activity for more than a year after 2018 BS4 launch. Got an used ABS version. Have some steering lock issues initially which refused to unlock. WD40 and cyclo break away spray did not help. Have managed the situation by lubing with engine oil after hearing the cost of new lock set which is 11k and lock repair guys asked 2.5K owing to the price of new lockset.

Please do have a through check on the steering lock if you are looking for used CBR's.
I don't think it's anything to worry about. I have had this issue recently though it was all ok when I bought it 8 months back. It happens due to the washing etc. WD40 doesn't help much - even I was advised to have engine oil poured in the keyhole to get it fixed.

Had given the bike for some work and they did lube it - I was told it's not engine oil, but some anti-rust. The lock is far better now though there is some 10% resistance.
Old 14th March 2019, 18:20   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't think it's anything to worry about. I have had this issue recently though it was all ok when I bought it 8 months back. It happens due to the washing etc. WD40 doesn't help much - even I was advised to have engine oil poured in the keyhole to get it fixed.

Had given the bike for some work and they did lube it - I was told it's not engine oil, but some anti-rust. The lock is far better now though there is some 10% resistance.
Thanks for Sharing your experience. Just completed going through your pre-worshiped Red CBR thread and it was very well put up. I earlier had 90% resistance and now better with 35% resistance This also involves myself getting used to the key unlocking pattern where its just my 4th day :P

Regarding the power delivery used up with the low end torque(LET) of my Karizma and re-learning the shifts for high revving engine. Though i had r15v1 which also did not have much low end, i got used to it with the 600Km initial run in period where i did not rev it beyoud some rpm and i think cbr being a 250 has more vibes than a R15 which cannot be compared and mine not being a brand new one(Run 28k).

Inside city streets where there are a lot of speed breakers in my area, need to constantly shift to 1st if the speed goes below 12kmph or need to rev a bit when on 2nd which is not good for the clutch. After 3rd gear onwards shift @4.5 - 5000 Rpm before slotting 4th when on the main roads as of now to get optimal power.
sreerama is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 21:57   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for Sharing your experience. Just completed going through your pre-worshiped Red CBR thread and it was very well put up..
Thank you!

Quote:
...Inside city streets where there are a lot of speed breakers in my area, need to constantly shift to 1st if the speed goes below 12kmph or need to rev a bit when on 2nd which is not good for the clutch. After 3rd gear onwards shift @4.5 - 5000 Rpm before slotting 4th when on the main roads as of now to get optimal power.
CBR's low end torque is nothing great. I have had my share of stalling with less throttle input - you need to revv it a bit to ensure it moves smoothly. After 4000 rpm, it becomes an animal though.
Old 15th March 2019, 13:09   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
CBR's low end torque is nothing great
Sorry to say, even if not phenomenal, its really great. If you want to know how much of torque it can produce - on a flat surface, you can actually take of from stand still using 5th gear. Yes, I've tested couple of times, 1 through 5th gear & yes throttle has to be adjusted proportionally, but, yes, it can move very well from stand still at 5th gear. May be it's gearing as well, but then, 5th gear top speed is 142 Kmph, so no compromise there as well.

What I mean to say is, torque is super plenty, the 25 Kgm torque is super perfect on city roads & minuscule low on open highways. On long rides, C250R is well capable of trailing N250R not more than 2-3 min behind. The long rides I'm talking is all the way from Nelamangala up to Hassan which is like atleast 130+ odd Km of rigorous riding.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 14:20   #442
BHPian

I saw by inspection that my front brake pads may need to be replaced.

I have seen recommendations for Galfers on this thread but also comments saying that there were issues of fitment or availability. Yet others say the company marketed brake pads are good enough.

Would like your opinions on this.
Old 15th March 2019, 15:29   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
I saw by inspection that my front brake pads may need to be replaced.

I have seen recommendations for Galfers on this thread but also comments saying that there were issues of fitment or availability. Yet others say the company marketed brake pads are good enough.

The baby ceeber's brakes are very good with the factory pads, but I feel they lack feedback and initial bite. I have switched over to EBC semi sintered pads and they have held up pretty well and have also improved the braking performance tremendously. I' am currently on my second set of EBC's as the initial pads did an immaculate job for over 25K KM's.

I would definitely recommend them but mind you, they do eat up your rotors a bit quicker than the factory pads.

Edit: This is the ABS version

Last edited by Roomy : 15th March 2019 at 15:31.
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 16:01   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I have switched over to EBC semi sintered pads and they have held up pretty well and have also improved the braking performance tremendously. ..I would definitely recommend them but mind you, they do eat up your rotors a bit quicker than the factory pads.

Thanks Roomy. This is exactly the kind of reco I wanted.

And mine too is the ABS variant so we are good on that as well.

[Edit] I have passed on EBC semi sintered requirement to my local dealer. He says he will get back on this but meanwhile says he has Daytona VX sintered front brake pads. Are there any opinions on this?

Last edited by bevivek : 15th March 2019 at 16:09. Reason: New information to be passed
Old 15th March 2019, 16:45   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I have switched over to EBC semi sintered pads
Searching for EBC Brakepads I found this on a site called Motousher https://shop.motousher.com/collectio...nt=17649129733

It says

"EBC Double-H™ Sintered Superbike Brake Pads deliver high performance and are well known as the EBC flagship sintered street sport brake pad"

Is this the same one you have?
Old 15th March 2019, 17:18   #446
BHPian

Yes, it is indeed the same model. I have mentioned semi-sintered by mistake.
I have also PM'd you the details a while back, please check your inbox.
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 09:51   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
C250R ABS? Yes, then Galfer front pads & even steel braided brake liners are highly recommended. C250R STD? You're struck like how I am. The best thing you can do is, rear steel braided brake lines, that's all.

I carried out the entire experiment & now I'm left with a front steel braided line at home
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 07:40   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sorry to say, even if not phenomenal, its really great. If you want to know how much of torque it can produce - on a flat surface, you can actually take of from stand still using 5th gear. Yes, I've tested couple of times, 1 through 5th gear & yes throttle has to be adjusted proportionally, but, yes, it can move very well from stand still at 5th gear. May be it's gearing as well, but then, 5th gear top speed is 142 Kmph, so no compromise there as well.

What I mean to say is, torque is super plenty, the 25 Kgm torque is super perfect on city roads & minuscule low on open highways. On long rides, C250R is well capable of trailing N250R not more than 2-3 min behind. The long rides I'm talking is all the way from Nelamangala up to Hassan which is like atleast 130+ odd Km of rigorous riding.
Let me try this but what I have learnt is that you will have to rev it a bit to do this and this should burn the clutch plates a bit which we say "riding on the clutch"?
Old 17th March 2019, 13:00   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sorry to say, even if not phenomenal, its really great. If you want to know how much of torque it can produce - on a flat surface, you can actually take of from stand still using 5th gear. Yes, I've tested couple of times, 1 through 5th gear & yes throttle has to be adjusted proportionally, but, yes, it can move very well from stand still at 5th gear...

Interesting. May be I expected more. Do you have any notes as to which bikes have poor low end and which ones better CBR?
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 17:49   #450
BANNED

Quote:
Let me try this but what I have learnt is that you will have to rev it a bit to do this and this should burn the clutch plates a bit which we say "riding on the clutch"?
I believe argee was trying to make a point with an example, rather than recommend the same.

The main reason you shouldn't try it is because other than the obvious, due to the crank bearings being under tremendous load as there won't be even distribution of the force from the power stroke.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks