Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2012, 22:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield mulls two-cylinder bike

Quote:
Likely to be fitted with the pushrod engine system in line with the company’s current engine family, the new bike may be powered by a 600cc to 1000cc engine and cater to customer demand in the higher horsepower category

Royal Enfield, part of the Eicher Group, is considering introducing a twin-cylinder motorcycle in India over the next three years. Likely to be fitted with the pushrod engine system in line with the company’s current engine family, the new bike may be powered by a 600cc to 1000cc engine and cater to customer demand in the higher horsepower category.
Source & Full Article

Last edited by GTO : 2nd April 2012 at 12:19. Reason: Keeping fair usage practices in mind, it is best to include an excerpt + link to full article
Ashley2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 22:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield mulls two-cylinder bike

Good to see some developments on this topic.

Had discussed about this news earlier in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-monsters.html
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:56   #3
BANNED

Before that they should clean up and bringup the quality of existing models and make them trouble free. Can't guess whats in store of RE issues with 2 cylinders!
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

RE has great potential if they get their QC right. RE enjoys brand recall globally, and could compete with Triumph and Harley, if they start concentrating on their core strengths (and not go making Harley clones), and improve their QC.

My very first motorcycle as an 18 year old was a brand new Royal Enfield Machismo A350. It was one from the first few batches and was plagued with break-downs. But it was a blast nevertheless!

12 years and 15 motorcycles down the line, I am not sure if I would go back to an RE, for I am not sure if they have taken any significant step forward in quality.
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:19   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I am happy to see RE in this new sky's-the-limit mode, but would like to reflect the common sentiment about them sorting out their QC problems atleast in parallel. Finishing food on their plate first.
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:55   #6
BHPian

RE entering the worm hole to another technological dimension But are the crew prepared ? The current single cylinder air cooled engine is sometimes elusive for the RE service. Multi cylinder motorbike ;carb synchronization (if it would be the carbed version) - All we can do is hope and pray that everything gets right.
Regards adrian (deaf and mute bullet fan)

Last edited by adrian : 3rd April 2012 at 21:09.
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:58   #7
BHPian

Mu ha ha ha (the evil laugh, hope i got it right) is what i feel RE will be doing post every sale. At the risk of sounding negative towards a home grown twin, let me say problems with design or inferior materials-machining cannot be wrenched out (even with hopeful prayers), so RE (& buyers) better watch out. & yeah RE have developed a fascination for deep pockets as well.

Last edited by Rennjit : 3rd April 2012 at 23:01. Reason: spell
Old 6th September 2012, 15:08   #8
BHPian

I just wish the Royal Enfield Meteor is relaunched! 700 cc
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks