Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 13:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda is No.2, pushing Bajaj to 3rd spot.

I think Bajaj's current motorcycle portfolio is fine, its the gearless scooter they need to look into. If they can put some serious effort like they do into their Pulsar brands into a scooter , I am sure they can surpass Honda again.
Honda's success mainly rides on the Activa (pun unintended), because in places like Pune, the Activa is more common than walking.
How about the worlds first tri-spark 125cc Scooter Bajaj ? We are waiting..!
Old 20th April 2012, 19:40   #17
BHPian

Re: Honda is No.2, pushing Bajaj to 3rd spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I think Bajaj's current motorcycle portfolio is fine, its the gearless scooter they need to look into. If they can put some serious effort like they do into their Pulsar brands into a scooter , I am sure they can surpass Honda again.
Honda's success mainly rides on the Activa (pun unintended), because in places like Pune, the Activa is more common than walking.
How about the worlds first tri-spark 125cc Scooter Bajaj ? We are waiting..!
I had an opportunity to interact with Rahul Bajaj for a good time - There is no immediate possibility of seeing a scooter from their stable in the near future. The focus is going to be only bikes:
Boxer - Entry
Discover - Executive
Pulsar - Sports

The focus would again be on Pulsar since margins are higher.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 20:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I think Bajaj's current motorcycle portfolio is fine, its the gearless scooter they need to look into.
Going by the history of Sapphire (even won scooter of year award which shows the credibility of such awards) and other gearless scooters and not to mention sudden pulling out of Models like Kawasaki 115 (Hoodibaba), Boxer, CT100, etc. I pray that Bajaj doesn't come up with gearless scooter. Hero Honda was still selling CD100 since its launch.
Though I like Bajaj to succeed but not by leaving its customers feel cheated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks